Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

hey i have an interesting question.im just got done racing tonight.and i noticed something weird with the performance and was hoping to find an answer.for a 5 minute heat.im guessing about 2 minutes in it went from hauling balls to feeling like the car didnt have turbo anymore.so i was temping after each race.it was temping at 147d.
i then got into the hotwire and turned down the timing which was set at 50.turned it down to 40 and the balls to the wall feeling was gone.but still felt consistent.temp was the same.....

any ideas on what it could be?
cause if i can get the car to feel awesome like the first 2 minutes that would be great.

any help would be great.....thx
Old 01-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Car is ready for Sunday's action Time to represent fast, enjoyable fun to all come Sunday.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morris
hey i have an interesting question.im just got done racing tonight.and i noticed something weird with the performance and was hoping to find an answer.for a 5 minute heat.im guessing about 2 minutes in it went from hauling balls to feeling like the car didnt have turbo anymore.so i was temping after each race.it was temping at 147d.
i then got into the hotwire and turned down the timing which was set at 50.turned it down to 40 and the balls to the wall feeling was gone.but still felt consistent.temp was the same.....

cause if i can get the car to feel awesome like the first 2 minutes that would be great.

Maybe this sounds a bit obvious ... but what batteries were you using and how old are they? That can make a difference to performance
Old 01-23-2010, 02:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Can someone recommend a net book that would be suitable for running Hotwire on trackside?

I'm not keen on carting around a MacBook so I was thinking of something small say a 7 inch net book.

Thanks
Old 01-23-2010, 02:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mark79
Can someone recommend a net book that would be suitable for running Hotwire on trackside?

I'm not keen on carting around a MacBook so I was thinking of something small say a 7 inch net book.

Thanks
My friend runs a cheap (sub £200) Acer netbook with Hotwire just fine... all you need is a reasonable screen resolution so that you can view all the settings and a usb port.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:18 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks
I use a Asus eeePC, with very good results, i program Tekin, see TV, listen music, etc...at tracks, the models 800 - 900, are discontinued, but are in the shops at good price, and have a litle performance as well litle monitor, but make the job. It use Win XP.

Anyone, use Tekin´s modified motors, 4.5 - 5.5 at high competition level, and how it permormer, compare with Lrp, sp modified motors, i have a 10.5, and race with it at National last year in stock, i finish 5º in National and this motor help me a lot, but never i tested or see a Tekin modified, and i don´t know if performance is similar to other brands.

Greetings, Luis C.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:38 AM
Tech Elite

are you using turbo ??
If not then look at dropping a couple of teeth on the pinion
If yes dont use turbo and see what happens.
Another thing that tends to get the motors hot is having the timing come in at to low a rpm.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:41 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks
I'm using an Asus EeePC 1001HA, running Windows XP. 10 inch screen but definitely small enough, works perfectly and screen is just about big enough to do other things with it too.

Trev
Old 01-23-2010, 03:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

if turbo is on your radio is wandering add 10 to the end point of the radio,if you cant set it at 90 recalibrate and set it back to 100
Old 01-23-2010, 04:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveL
On our small track, 66' straight, I have the start rpm at 2,490 and end at 9,000, boost at 45 and no turbo. Roll out is 64-65mm with a Duo 2 timing set to one notch above middle. Car is very fast and temps end up around 130-150 after 8 minutes. I tried the timing on the motor at 0* but it was just slow. I also smoked a Duo 2 with the boost at Max and Turbo at 10 so there is a window that you need to be in, just not sure where that window is for your track.
Well this particular track, the longest straight is 44 feet, but a tight infield, so i need torque!!!should i change the rpm's slightlly cause of smaller straight, and wich way to go with that, the rpm's are whats gettig me THANKS for response...Tommy
Old 01-23-2010, 04:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

you have experiment a little ,go with a 1500-2k start 6-7k end
Old 01-23-2010, 04:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TrevCoult
I'm using an Asus EeePC 1001HA, running Windows XP. 10 inch screen but definitely small enough, works perfectly and screen is just about big enough to do other things with it too.

Trev
+1 on the Asus netbooks, I got the same, and it works out perfectly for the Hotwire and watching movies while waiting
Old 01-23-2010, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
+1 on the Asus netbooks, I got the same, and it works out perfectly for the Hotwire and watching movies while waiting
i use the ACER and its great
Old 01-23-2010, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

+1 on the Asus EePC...cheap (about $250), small (barely know its in my backpack all the time), and does all I need for portable machine...Only comp I carry now...
Old 01-23-2010, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

everytime you calibrate your radio after adjusting your esc settings, set your throttle epa to 90 or 95% and calibrate. once the settings are set, reset your radio for 100% and race.. even though our radios are digital the pots in the trigers have some variance and your probably not always hitting 100%.. that make sense?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.