Tekin RS ESC sensored

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 07:16 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

this controller has a much better footprint that the mamba and even the gtb correct? (so many versions of bl speedos from tekin)

R
Old 08-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
this controller has a much better footprint that the mamba and even the gtb correct? (so many versions of bl speedos from tekin)

R
The RS has a better footprint than the lrp sphere. This thing is tiny compared to the mamba and gtb.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Why do you think it is in % and not degrees ?
Because when I was using tekin Hotwire setting someone elses RS up, TIME was in %. (IMO Degrees would be a more universially accpeted and understood)

Yes, by progressive timing, I mean varible timing throughout the RPM range during automated by the ESC.

Wouldn't make any sense to have to take your car off the track to crank up the timing for the long straights then stop your car and adjust the timing for the lower speed infield. The ESC needs to automaticly adjust the timing as the motor increases or decreases in RPM. Gas cars automaticly increase spark timing as the RPM increases, and guess what it works to make more efficient power. The only thing is that with varible timing, each track is different which is why I proposed 5 timing curves to affect how the timing progresses.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

And that's what it does.
let me correct myself.

variable timing on the fly. exactly as trailranger explained it above.

like KO's VFS series. i believe their yet to be released brushless esc will have variable timing as well.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Used Cuffs' settings on a Novak 13.5 tonight and it was right on. Small carpet track, rubber tire. My fast laps weren't any different, but came much more consistently. The car felt right.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by trailranger
Because when I was using tekin Hotwire setting someone elses RS up, TIME was in %. (IMO Degrees would be a more universially accpeted and understood)

Yes, by progressive timing, I mean varible timing throughout the RPM range during automated by the ESC.

Wouldn't make any sense to have to take your car off the track to crank up the timing for the long straights then stop your car and adjust the timing for the lower speed infield. The ESC needs to automaticly adjust the timing as the motor increases or decreases in RPM. Gas cars automaticly increase spark timing as the RPM increases, and guess what it works to make more efficient power. The only thing is that with varible timing, each track is different which is why I proposed 5 timing curves to affect how the timing progresses.
Right, and I'm telling you IT ALREADY DOES THAT and THAT'S WHY THE TIMING IS IN % AND NOT DEGREES SINCE IT CHANGES DEPENDING ON THE RPM.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus how many times will I have to say that?
Old 08-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Right, and I'm telling you IT ALREADY DOES THAT and THAT'S WHY THE TIMING IS IN % AND NOT DEGREES SINCE IT CHANGES DEPENDING ON THE RPM.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus how many times will I have to say that?
Hey you ever hear of progressive timing thing some other speedo's have?? I think that would be a good idea i wonder why they do this % thing wouldn't it be easier in degrees!?
Old 08-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Randy -

These settings you are using seem to contradict each other. Everything I've read indicates that Sensored Only mode ignores the Motor Timing setting, and basically runs 0 timing in the ESC. I posted this on the Tekin RS 1/10 forum and Brian (Forum Admin) stated that Sensored Only mode disables the Motor Timing setting. Also, Jeff Cuffs posted his settings, and he also indicated 90% timing and Sensored Only mode.
I have to agree with CarbonJoe, this does not make sense.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Used Cuffs' settings on a Novak 13.5 tonight and it was right on. Small carpet track, rubber tire. My fast laps weren't any different, but came much more consistently. The car felt right.
Glad i could help
Old 08-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Cuff question... can you explain the big bang theory and do aliens exist, and one last question, where do babies come from

Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
tire size x 3.14 x pinion / spur gear / internal ratio = roll out
Old 08-14-2008, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Oh and Jeff... Do you think my avatar is Sexy
Old 08-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike ivy
Oh and Jeff... Do you think my avatar is Sexy
LOL are you eating pizza
Old 08-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike ivy
Hey Cuff question... can you explain the big bang theory and do aliens exist, and one last question, where do babies come from
Are you making fun of me for asking questions about FDR and rollout?
Old 08-14-2008, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Hey reenmachine, No I was not making fun of you Lol... Im clown'in on Cuff's I've known and raced localy with Cuffs for 15+ years every time I see him Im allways jokin with him, what I said to him has nothing to do you or your question to him hope you where not offeneded.Im just a clown and I like to joke around with my friends at the track and on RC teck that all

Originally Posted by reenmachine
Are you making fun of me for asking questions about FDR and rollout?
Old 08-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Yo Cuff's Yea yea. Thats me grub'in on some pizza. jabba the pizza hut Im am what till ya see my next avatar.... I hope i dont get banned off of rc/tech Lol...

Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
LOL are you eating pizza

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.