Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 07:22 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Drag brake is the opposite of push control. Trying to use them both is like trying to turn left and right at the same time, you will get nowhere.

Most of the time people are adding drag brake to brushless. It does work in both brushed and brushless modes. Brushless motors already have a lot of coast compared to the brushed motors they replaced.

The "magic" and ellusive hidden 15 degrees is actually not IN the ESC itslef, it's in the motors. Everyone misjudged sensor placement and found after the fact that there was early read causing the timing to be more than was figured originally. For us since we run dual mode it only affects us in Sensored Only mode which is why we said that you get 15 in that mode. Not adding that into the overall calculation can be the difference between a good run and a failed motor.

Since all the manufacturers are different, so are the motors. In general though knowing that there's a baseline of 15 is a safe number to use.

There was not a single Tekin failure at the Reedy race not sure why you bring it up...
Old 05-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

No Smoke button just tons of rip and no speedo temp. Thanks to Randy I ran an RX8 in my Mod car and had TONS of Rip, and no problem handling the 4.0, 4.5 and 5.0 motors we were trying.

Thanks for all the help Randy and we'll provide a report from the modified RS Pro in Mod GT this weekend.

TZR
Old 05-26-2009, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Is there any new developments or news on the green pop up box that many have been reporting issues with in 3.25? Is it a problem or has it been only a few that have run into this?

Thanks
Chris
Old 05-26-2009, 10:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MAD916
No Smoke button just tons of rip and no speedo temp. Thanks to Randy I ran an RX8 in my Mod car and had TONS of Rip, and no problem handling the 4.0, 4.5 and 5.0 motors we were trying.

Thanks for all the help Randy and we'll provide a report from the modified RS Pro in Mod GT this weekend.

TZR
Good to hear that the RX8 worked well for the average Joe, i was just told that the Tekin / TOP driver had issues with the std RS Pro, changed to the RX8 and still had issues.

Ive been looking for a new speedie, the RS Pro seems to be the ticket in spec classes, but i also run Mod, and last time i ran the RS Pro (earlier software) in mod it was a failure.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

who had the best finish at Reedy using the RS
Old 05-27-2009, 08:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris moore
Is there any new developments or news on the green pop up box that many have been reporting issues with in 3.25? Is it a problem or has it been only a few that have run into this?

Thanks
Chris
So far it appears that we aren't really getting any attention. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:59 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
who had the best finish at Reedy using the RS
I finished tied for 10th in the Invite/Reedy Cup. It was a 4way tie and I was low qualifier so I ended up 13th. I used an RS Pro and Redline 5.5 motor.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
So far it appears that we aren't really getting any attention. Keeping my fingers crossed.
I had this problem when I tried to update on sunday night. Monday I deleted everything Tekin in my system (vista) and tried to download the new files, still had the same error come up. I was getting the new skin, but all the values were zeroed unless I hit the current settings button and all the buttons down the right side were dark unless I moused over them. I then went and deleted the file from the virtual store, the one I just downloaded, and opened each indvidual file that was downloaded from Tekin and it worked fine for me after that. Just thought I would pass my experiance along to those it might help.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Good job Mo
Old 05-27-2009, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by monstercol
Hi, you defiantly wont get away with doing that, the two settings are complete opposites in their nature. Simply, Drag brake = More braking feel at neutral throttle, Push control = Less natural braking at neutral throttle. The ESC cant know that you’re in a “U turn” and don’t require the drag brake.

It defiantly sounds like you’re driving style require drag brake, keep the PC turned off, the only thing you can work on is to try and improve your braking skills to allow you to use a lower value of DB, making it easier in those “U turn” situations. Also keep it present in your mind that the DB is only ever active when the ESC see’s neutral, as long as you provide a tiny bit of throttle you’ll be free from the braking effects.

If you find your braking to be to inconsistent, it is helpful to turn down the brake strength for smoother braking.

I drive pancar so braking is awkward. Some people say you should not need brakes when running pancar but watch if you go 55 miles per hour (10.5t) and then have to slow down in 1.8 feet for a very sharp 180 degree turn you can only take good with very slow speed then you have a problem lol. Some say ok then leave the throttle earlier... yeah but i am racing so i want to be as fast as possible and keep on the throttle as late as possible.

Like i said in my previous post on this subject. When dragbrake and pushcontrol are both on and i apply full throttle and i leave the throttle to neutrol i get first pushcontrol and then after a certain time depending how high i set my pushcontrol i will get dragbrake. I tried it and it works just like the way i am describing. They don't cancel eachother out.

I see it more like a tuning aid, just like dragbrake en pushcontrol on there own. Some people use it and some don't. I am going to investigate this option cause i have an idea to use it for my races. Like i said. Maybe it drives like shit and i have problems with it but at least i tried another option and know what it does for me. :-)

Now where is my turbo! hehe
Old 05-27-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
.... 55 miles per hour (10.5t) and then have to slow down in 1.8 feet for a very sharp 180 degree turn you can only take good with very slow speed then you have a problem lol. Some say ok then leave the throttle earlier... yeah but i am racing so i want to be as fast as possible and keep on the throttle as late as possible.

Like i said in my previous post on this subject. When dragbrake and pushcontrol are both on and i apply full throttle and i leave the throttle to neutrol i get first pushcontrol and then after a certain time depending how high i set my pushcontrol i will get dragbrake.

Now where is my turbo! hehe
I had a hard time excepting the earlier braking but after a top national contender drove my car and varied the brake points taking 0.2-0.3 tenths off my time I started reevaluating. Bottom line slower entry means more stable/lower mid corner yielding less exit push and ability to come on power sooner, net gain higher average speed and more umph coming out since I was not fighting the exit push.

Also I'm confused about the Push control effect effect assuming your running brushless I understood push control to be a feature only when running brushed to emulate the roll effect of brushless, and that it had no impact when running brushless.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by miller tyme
I had a hard time excepting the earlier braking but after a top national contender drove my car and varied the brake points taking 0.2-0.3 tenths off my time I started reevaluating. Bottom line slower entry means more stable/lower mid corner yielding less exit push and ability to come on power sooner, net gain higher average speed and more umph coming out since I was not fighting the exit push.

Also I'm confused about the Push control effect effect assuming your running brushless I understood push control to be a feature only when running brushed to emulate the roll effect of brushless, and that it had no impact when running brushless.
indeed i am running brushless. I had the same idea as you that it was only usefull for brushed applications. I tried several settings
1.-pushcontrol only with no dragbrakes
2.- no pushcontrol and no dragbrakes -
3.- pushcontrol and dragbrakes

and i can see and feel the motor reving longer with pushcontrol only. it just does the same as with brushed motors. You get a push of the motor. The motor runs a little longer without slowing on its own. I don't know how it works but just try it and see for yourself. I personaly don't find only pushcontrol very usefull like many stated but it could be usefull together with dragbrake as when i am off the throttle by accident that my dragbrakes are not applied emediatly. I still need to test it in a race inviroment though.

So he applied brakes earlier and was 0.3 seconds faster? Did you achieve the same results as he was? I mean he is a top national contender so he should be quite fast anyway.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

So he applied brakes earlier and was 0.3 seconds faster? Did you achieve the same results as he was? I mean he is a top national contender so he should be quite fast anyway.
.3 seconds could of come from ANYthing. The slightest improvement in your driving line could yeild you more than .3 seconds.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

i agree,

but would like to know if miller was faster as well when braking or slowing down sooner.

I am just trying to explore the possibilities of the rs that is all :-)
Old 05-27-2009, 12:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

i agree,

but would like to know if miller was faster as well when braking or slowing down sooner.

I am just trying to explore the possibilities of the rs that is all :-)
Don't let Miller fool you. He is a national contender as well. Just a hair off the guy I think he is probably referring to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.