Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Big thanks to Randy Pike, Jason Moberly, and Team Tekin for all the help at the Reedy as well as previous club races. The newer software that's being tested does keep up with the SPX. It also allows you to fine tune the new "TURBO" feature to fit what ever track you're racing on. I can't give all the details since I wasn't instructed to do so. I'm not a team member so I was free to run what ever speedo/motors I wanted and I chose to run the RS/redline combo. What I can tell you guys is that the larger rotor (12.5) it has better over all magnet strength than the 12.3 which helps in the heat. I'm not up to speed on all the hot areas but off the top of my head it should be killer for Florida, Texas, Arizona, and California The 12.3 felt like it had more RPM and was a bit smoother power wise. (IMO) Drag brakes were stronger with the bigger rotor too. Use the different rotors to fit your needs. Every driving style is different. The whole Reedy race was fun and never once was I down on power. My overall car set up could have been better so that the Tekin could have been noticed more.......but that's where lil Derek Stepenson came into play. He had an A-main car but had to settle for the B-main Racer's talked/complained and what did Tekin do......they listened This is all coming from the guy that was Tekin's biggest critic If they can turn me around then it should be no problem to ease some of your minds. The customer service alone is second to none. Gotta go now cause I'm still tired and don't know if what I just typed makes any sense
Damm did you get sponsored
Old 05-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Damm did you get sponsored
No...just helping out and I feel that unbiased opinions seem to hold more water I had the SPX and the Ko in my pit bag as well but once this race is done and we're back to club racing Randy will still be there helping us locals and providing help on the net.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Good to hear. Start working Randy, I want it as soon as possible
No great job guys.
I love Tekin. I promote it at our club abd we have now 6 Tekin drivers at our club and soon nr 7 will come.
Every body is happy with it.

I help them with the setup and also a beginner at our club has now one and drives with a 13,5T on 6 cell. I told him to gear it lighter so he can handle the car better.
After some training i turn up the speed and he went better and better.
After one day training with me telling were to let go of the throttle and how to steer, he got 0,6 sec of his personal lap record.
He uses the Tekin RS Pro for stock at our club abd in that class is also the current nr 1 driving with a Tekin RS Pro. He has the lap record this year in that class.

An other driver bought a Tekin after that he was lapt by me.
Now he is driving also with the Tekin RS Pro and he is after i gave him my setup 0,3 sec faster than he ever was.
He waits for the turbo for the long tracks and than he sells his GM and buys a second Tekin RS Pro for his Photon that he is going to buy.
I will get also a Photon and a second Tekin RS Pro.

I love it. The best service and help i have ever got.
Wile it's a bit under powerd on the long tracks without the turbo, i still love it and i will stay with it because i believe in it.
Tekin has proven that they listen to the people that but there products and helps them with any problem or setup.

Won't take long of we have double the Tekin drivers than we have now.
in 3 months we got 4 Tekin drivers and all of them are happy with it.

Keep doing the good work guys.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by John Tag
Im thinking back shoot into sweeper wfo is 175 ft , Which is as big as any US track I have ran and I have run many..LOL Set up was with DUO based motor low timing hole(10*) and profile #3...

Not to say mine is longer then yours lol but.....
a LARGE track in the usa is a normal 1/8 gas track here in the netherlands. The track where i drive is BIG. The strait is 230feet long but that is only the strait part. before the strait there is a large sweeper wich is more then 1/3 the distance of the strait. The sweeper can be taken almost full throttle ( some can even do it full throttle). So you are talking of about a part of the track that is 310-325feet where for 1/3 part you can take it almost full throttle and you can take the rest at full throttle. So speed is quite important here. oops wrong caculation lol, we are talking about 55 miles per hour at full speed with a 10.5t.

I love my esc but at this moment the GM and stockspeck rule on this track ( the spx competition also goes fast here). So hopefully they have sorted it out with the turbo. (i know they will). I do notice that the tekin is fast in the slower parts of the track.

Last edited by 2wdrive; 05-25-2009 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Randy, so there will be no turbo for the ETS?
It would be a good thing so that every body sees that Tekin is not only fast on the smaller tracks.

Here in Europe we have a lot of big tracks. The big tracks there are here the smaller tracks.
We love big
Old 05-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Anytime you upgrade your software you will need to recalibrate your radio. 3 led's showing on either side is telling you the nuetral is under or over signal.

Re cal your radio/esc, you should be good.

The "reedy" software isn't 100% but it is very good and all that used it improved their positions with it. One of our team guys did find an issue when runnning mod so until all the improvements are made it won't be released.

I have a lot of notes and am waiting on other team drivers feedback that weren't at the Reedy before anything is to happen.

We were easily as good if not better than any other speedo out there. It was nice to see people switching out their blue and orange for the Tekins...
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I basically re-calibrated my radio to ESC ... same method before I had the hotwire and it was working fine. For some reason after I recalibrated with the addition of the hotwire I still get the 1,2,3 leds flashing after the radio calibration. I've done this 3-4 times already. I'm not sure if I'm overlooking anything. This is with software 198 on XP SP3 with the new HW 3.25
Old 05-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

3 led's on either side is telling you that your nuetral is out of our accepted range. Slowly and lightly begin giving either throttle or brake trim and see which one it takes to allow it to arm.

ALso if you set your NW setting too low this can cause this exact issue. I don't like to see anything lower than 10 personally.

LMK
Old 05-25-2009, 05:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
3 led's on either side is telling you that your nuetral is out of our accepted range. Slowly and lightly begin giving either throttle or brake trim and see which one it takes to allow it to arm.

ALso if you set your NW setting too low this can cause this exact issue. I don't like to see anything lower than 10 personally.

LMK
Thanks Randy! I had my NW at 10 and increased it to 12 and it worked. I had a feeling that it was something small like that.

Btw, with the 198 software ... I see post stating that to try 0 timing and max boost .... is the max boost 30? This is again on a 17.5 tekin motor.
Thanks in advance.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Just wanted to thank Randy for the help this weekend at the Reedy. All I can say is that my car was definitly faster and as soon as TEKIN finishes fine tuning the new software, you guys are going to love it.

Derek Stephansen

Last edited by Team Pink; 05-25-2009 at 08:42 PM. Reason: add signiture
Old 05-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Pink
Just wanted to thank Randy for the help this weekend at the Reedy. All I can say is that my car was definitly faster and as soon as TEKIN finishes fine tuning the new software, you guys are going to love it.

Derek Stephansen
You need to change your name because I'm going to start running my old pink paint job. The real team pink may be coming to Ripon real soon to make it a Tamiya track Good run at the Reedy and pull over when ya see me coming
Old 05-26-2009, 04:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Guys...

This turbo function sounds really good...

Any more details on how it works and when one would use it? Is it like a boost on top of the boost?

Any idea when we will beable to get our hands on it? I got a email ready to hit Randy's inbox
Old 05-26-2009, 04:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by home13oy75

Btw, with the 198 software ... I see post stating that to try 0 timing and max boost .... is the max boost 30? This is again on a 17.5 tekin motor.
Thanks in advance.
Yes indeed.... In sensored mode, Max is 30....

Cheers.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:52 AM
Tech Adept

unless you download v3.25 and select the boost to 45, i know it has been said that it is in fact not above 30 but try it for yourself and see
Old 05-26-2009, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

why is the latest software maxboost of 40 or 45(cant remember) not anymore then the old 30 max?

Now this is starting to get confusing.

first off it was 100
30 boost
now 40/45 boost

So with the latest software, 20 would equal around 16-17 in the old scale?
Old 05-26-2009, 06:31 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone notice the front of www.rctvlive.com they list the RS speed control as the viewers choice winner.

anyone know when they will have it on the show?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.