Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 08:09 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ok so you want a TC setup with what motor?
Old 05-18-2012, 08:27 AM
Tech Initiate

I need a setup for RS PRO with a SP V3 4,5R .

What's the normal degrees for esc , i don't want to burn it ...
Old 05-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Akita
I need a setup for RS PRO with a SP V3 4,5R .

What's the normal degrees for esc , i don't want to burn it ...
Set it into blinky mode and you will have plenty of power.
No need to add timing.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Tech Initiate

No turbo or boost ?
Safe temp. ?
Old 05-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

Default Throttle Profile Curve Setup from ESC?

Will it be possible to access the 7 different throttle curves from the ESC eventually? I believe with the Hotwire, the "TP" becomes "Timing Profile" and the Throttle Profile is lost.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Akita
No turbo or boost ?
Safe temp. ?
For motors below 6.5 turns, there is no need for boosting. you will just create more heat. Unless you are a pro driver with free electronics, you will want to play it safe. Believe me, 4.5 is plenty fast without boost. With some motors I prefer to run negative timing to keep temps down and get a little more torque out of slow corners.
When I tried running boost or turbo on my 4.5 motors in TC, the wires would sometimes unsolder themselves. Not good...lol!
Old 05-19-2012, 09:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi, need some assistance on my setup - rs pro with 10.5 turbo, in 1/10 on road touring, current setup
FDR - 6.9
start rpm - 4XXX
end rpm - 10XXX
boost - 30
turbo - max
ramp - 2, lowest delay.
motor temp - 60 deg C after 6 min
i have kept throttle at linear. i have fan blowing on esc and motor so its quite cool.
very fast in field (i think i will increase end rpm to 12XXX to tame wheel spin) but on the straights, the turbo seems to take a long time to engage, was playing against an orca (also running same FDR and same touring car as me) and that esc turbo seems to kick in almost instantenously. checked my sensor cable all good. even recalibrated my radio and the esc. is there any thing i can do to get my turbo to kick in faster. we are both similar in field, its the long straights i am not able to keep up because his turbo engages faster. i tried to increase the end bell but it seems more in field power which i do not need. thanks.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rshair
hi, need some assistance on my setup - rs pro with 10.5 turbo, in 1/10 on road touring, current setup
FDR - 6.9 7.4
start rpm - 4XXX 8000
end rpm - 10XXX 22000
boost - 30 45
turbo - max 15
ramp - 2, lowest delay. Delay 0.2
motor temp - 60 deg C after 6 min
i have kept throttle at linear. i have fan blowing on esc and motor so its quite cool.
very fast in field (i think i will increase end rpm to 12XXX to tame wheel spin) but on the straights, the turbo seems to take a long time to engage, was playing against an orca (also running same FDR and same touring car as me) and that esc turbo seems to kick in almost instantenously. checked my sensor cable all good. even recalibrated my radio and the esc. is there any thing i can do to get my turbo to kick in faster. we are both similar in field, its the long straights i am not able to keep up because his turbo engages faster. i tried to increase the end bell but it seems more in field power which i do not need. thanks.
It seems like your boost and turbo are coming in too soon.

Adjust the boost and turbo accordingly w your motor timing based on 60 total degree timing (Boost + turbo + motor timing).

Answers are in red. This is the setup I had when I used to run 10.5 boosted. Hope this helps.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yeah, rpm points are WAY too low. Bump them up to 8k or so to 25k or so and then you can run more boost to get the straightaway speed you are looking for. Also, don't run minimum delay. Your problem isn't that it's coming in slower, it's that it is on ALL THE TIME. With no delay and low rpm settings, you are basically at max timing all the way around the track. That's why you have so much rip in the infield. He beats you on the straight because he has more timing than you on the straight.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
Yeah, rpm points are WAY too low. Bump them up to 8k or so to 25k or so and then you can run more boost to get the straightaway speed you are looking for. Also, don't run minimum delay. Your problem isn't that it's coming in slower, it's that it is on ALL THE TIME. With no delay and low rpm settings, you are basically at max timing all the way around the track. That's why you have so much rip in the infield. He beats you on the straight because he has more timing than you on the straight.
thanks for good explanation ..
Old 05-20-2012, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

thanks for the answers. i am looking for the turbo to kick in faster, so now i see your point, my gearing is tall (i was running what most others were running at this track, which is between 6-6.9), so the shorter gearing will assist the in field whilst keeping the boost and turbo for the straights, am i reading this right? sorry for many questions, even if i have had the tekin for a while, i am still poor at programming.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

thanks for the answers. i am looking for the turbo to kick in faster, so now i see your point, my gearing is tall (i was running what most others were running at this track, which is between 6-6.9), so the shorter gearing will assist the in field whilst keeping the boost and turbo for the straights, am i reading this right? sorry for many questions, even if i have had the tekin for a while, i am still poor at programming.
Yes. One pattern I noticed with Tekin is when you have it setup to a narrow rpm range, somehow the motor likes it geared heavy (more teeth). With the wider range of rpm, it likes it geared lighter (less teeth). In addition to wider rpm range, somehow, you can get away with 0 turbo delay. This is all based on my personal testing. Some may disagree. I hope this helps you, and not confuse you.

Rule of thumb for me is:
Small tight tracks - narrow rpm range
Large flowy tracks - wide rpm range.

Again, this is just based purely on my personal testing. I'm sure Tekin drivers will chime in and help you out.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Tech Adept

bukil, thanks for the explantion. where i am at, its a little of both. another question, is this applicable to only tekin motors with tekin rs pro or can i use the same setup on my tekin rs pro with another motor?
Old 05-20-2012, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

bukil, thanks for the explantion. where i am at, its a little of both. another question, is this applicable to only tekin motors with tekin rs pro or can i use the same setup on my tekin rs pro with another motor?
For the most part, yes. You will most likely need to fine tune the settings depending on what motor (rpm vs torque motors). For example, you can get away with 50 boost on DUOs, but not on LRPs - lower turn motors. In addition, you would need to gear more on torque motors vs rpm ones depending on the track layout.

This is how I tune any motors with tekin speedos. Some racers use different methods. So, dont get stuck with just one. Find your "happy medium" way.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.