Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 03:07 AM
Tech Champion

Well Big Mac sauce is essentially mayo, ketchup, and pickle relish
Old 03-12-2012, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rb-digi
hello .. i have a tekin rs esc in my b4.1 ..i have ran this esc with a few diffrent motors (all 17.5) in both timing and non timing modes..when i ran it in timing i was having an issue with landing hard where the esc would quit powering the motor and it last for about 8 seconds.I figured i was loosing battery connection or a switch was the issue but..the steering never quits working and it takes it about 8 seconds for the motor to start goin again. if its ever from loosing a connection it only takes about 3 seconds for the esc to re-arm and go..I am always on the driver stand or in a race when it happens and i havent been able to see what exactly the esc is doing while the motor isnt getting power..i am wondering if you had any ideas as to what could be making it do that ..It seems to only be when i come short on a big jump or over jump and land a lil hard..im not bashing this is i only drive this on a clay indoor track.It seemed like it quit doin it while i was runnin non timing stick class with a team icon motor..i soldered a reedy sonic 17.5 and im still running non timing and now the problem is happening when i land hard..could it be the sensor port? would that take that long to "re-boot" or get thing goin again ,,i have tried different sensor wires also ..i was running spektrum when it first started happening but i have since mooved to a airtronic mt4 and its still acting the same way.thnks
Rory
I was having the same problem on my 4wd buggy. I think it has something to do with the impact on the ESC. Put a 2nd layer of 2x sided tape under your ESC, that stopped it for me. It will give it a little more absorption of that hard landing
Ryan
Old 03-12-2012, 07:30 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marten
That is what i was afraid you answer
Can you just give me just a simple answer- Is window width(deg) static or is it changing?
Sorry but my answer is still no. You're asking ?'s that can educate our competition.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:34 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jsr555
Ok, what am I doing wrong?

I have just loaded 223 and in the timing window I can only access the boost and RPM adjustments when I select C1 and C2... When I am in TP2 to 5.. I can not adjust the Boost, turbo or RPM's... Infact I do not have the option, the controls are not even present.

Also, regardless of what throttle profile I select, the dashboard always says 3. Even when checking the spec mode box
Are you talking about throttle curve's...the last box at the top of the window correct? If so this is something that mine does too and has been doing. Not sure why. When you go out to the main menu it always shows Profile 3 but if go back to the curve screen it shows its still where you set it.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Sorry but my answer is still no. You're asking ?'s that can educate our competition.
Should'nt your competitors be able to measure your esc's with an oscilloscope if they were interested? Reason i am asking this is that i am really technically minded person and like to know how my equipment functions and i only have single channel oscilloscope so i can't test it myself.
I am ok if you don't answer and wish you all the best.
Your products are awesome, best esc's around, i am definitely getting myself the RSX as soon as you release it.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

shhh. EA, there's no issues. We don't want it to get pulled again, man.

I finally tried out the new software. I used it at the Canadian Nats this past weekend. Much smoother power delivery than before. I really like it.

Brakes are much stronger than the previous ESC I was using for most of the past year. Even in 17.5 boosted, without active braking turned on, I had tons of stopping power.

Well done Tekin.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Can you just give me just a simple answer- Is window width(deg) static or is it changing?
If you are that interested and you seem to be. Borrow an Oscope and see for your self. I have questions too, but more about the starting current and pole slip that seems to be occurring at low speed.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by macdude
I have questions too, but more about the starting current and pole slip that seems to be occurring at low speed.
Should'nt pole slip indicate bad gearing or it might actually be caused by the motors internal losses (can't find a better wording, eng isn't my first language) like rotor grabbing on armature. What are the rpm's you're talking about? It might also be some kind of start up routine that looks like pole slip but is actually intensional.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:24 AM
Team Tekin

I'm all for answering technical questions. However you guys have to understand that answering some of them can reveal certain aspects of our software we're not willing to share.

If you change a timing curve on the 223 software, hit apply settings, to see it you will need to hit current settings and allow the hotwire to refresh the display.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know nothing of the software or its implemetation, but if i were to guess i would suggest the RPM index is directly related to the window of time and thus changes, and the coil firing is static but fired according to actual sensor '0'.

Again, i am probably wrong... but thats what i come up with after thinking about it for a few seconds.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by jsr555
Ok, what am I doing wrong?

I have just loaded 223 and in the timing window I can only access the boost and RPM adjustments when I select C1 and C2... When I am in TP2 to 5.. I can not adjust the Boost, turbo or RPM's... Infact I do not have the option, the controls are not even present.

Also, regardless of what throttle profile I select, the dashboard always says 3. Even when checking the spec mode box
This is all normal. TP (Timing Profiles, not Throttle) 1-5 are preset and cannot be changed. If you want to set custom Boost and RPMs then you have to use C1 and C2. TP 1-5 will not allow the controls to show up.

When changing the Throttle Curves, once you set it to the one you want the dashboard won't update unless you unplug the ESC and then plug it back in to the HotWire. Then it will show the correct info once it reads the settings.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rb-digi
hello .. i have a tekin rs esc in my b4.1 ..i have ran this esc with a few diffrent motors (all 17.5) in both timing and non timing modes..when i ran it in timing i was having an issue with landing hard where the esc would quit powering the motor and it last for about 8 seconds.I figured i was loosing battery connection or a switch was the issue but..the steering never quits working and it takes it about 8 seconds for the motor to start goin again. if its ever from loosing a connection it only takes about 3 seconds for the esc to re-arm and go..I am always on the driver stand or in a race when it happens and i havent been able to see what exactly the esc is doing while the motor isnt getting power..i am wondering if you had any ideas as to what could be making it do that ..It seems to only be when i come short on a big jump or over jump and land a lil hard..im not bashing this is i only drive this on a clay indoor track.It seemed like it quit doin it while i was runnin non timing stick class with a team icon motor..i soldered a reedy sonic 17.5 and im still running non timing and now the problem is happening when i land hard..could it be the sensor port? would that take that long to "re-boot" or get thing goin again ,,i have tried different sensor wires also ..i was running spektrum when it first started happening but i have since mooved to a airtronic mt4 and its still acting the same way.thnks
I had the same problem but in a 1/12th. After brushing a barrier, or the slightest knock, the motor wouldn't respond for about 8 seconds as you described. I was able to see the LEDs through the shell, and could see the speedo was responding to the motor. To cut a long story short, I was advised by Tekin (I think it was Randy actually but it was a few years back) to resolder the battery and motor wires to the speedo, as it was likely a dry joint on the board and the heat from resoldering would repair it. And it did! The speedo also went in my off road car for summer after that, and worked fine. So give it a go.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Some help please...I had 222 on both my buggy and TC, installed 223 on the buggy no probs (awesome BTW, so much smoother for Mod 2wd ) but the TC looked as if it was no probs but is now unresponsive, no LEDS, can't reconnect to the Hotwire...the BEC is working so the switch is still ok and the receiver lead, power to the receiver and servo is ok...

Any help much appreciated!
Old 03-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What do you guys think about buying a used Tekin RS or even used electronics in general?

Tekin RS is basically what I want in my TC4 but paying the price for a new one doesn't really appeal to me.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I've bought several used tekins esc's off of rctech. Never had an issue with any of them. ESC's either seem to work or they dont. No real in between that I've noticed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.