Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 03:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
just finished downloading 208 and am about to install it and see what it looks like. I did have a question though...why was 5400 and 20000 chosen for the start and end RPMs in the on-board profiles? Most setups I've seen run quite a bit lower end RPM.

Also I noticed the "Advanced" button doesn't do anything...looks like the software is already in advanced mode but clicking it doesn't bring it out of advanced mode.

Thank you for fixing the lettering on the buttons so they can be read without mousing over them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You should be able to click Advanced. I had the same issue with the previous version a couple times.
Exit and restart the Hotwire program. Also, try disconnecting the Hotwire from your computer, and then reconnect.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:54 AM
Tech Regular

Default 13.5 set up for v208 with balastic motor

Hello

Has any body got a set up for balastic 13.5 motor with v208 software?

Cheers Inadvance
Spencer
Old 07-24-2010, 05:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
...why was 5400 and 20000 chosen for the start and end RPMs in the on-board profiles? Most setups I've seen run quite a bit lower end RPM.
I would imagine that they set those profiles somewhat conservatively because of the people using them. Most racers will come up with their own setup or use one of the team setups. The people using a default setup are more likely to just plug and play, throw a pinion on the car and hope it doesn't blow up. If Tekin gave you the "hot" setup in a profile, they would almost certainly have a lot of complaints about roasted motors. Just my thoughts.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HB Moose
Just my luck. I blew up my RS on Wednesday and have wait for replacement before I can play with 208. For the next fix/upgrade can we have reverse polarity protection?
Will never happen, it would compromise the efficiency of the ESC.

Use connectors that can't be connected incorrectly.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

I think tp1-spec and the tp5 is ok but other preset profiles seems a bit useless to me...
I 'd rather prefer to have more user banks to save our own setups...
Is there any chance for that?

Last edited by yokemad; 07-24-2010 at 05:57 AM.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Will never happen, it would compromise the efficiency of the ESC.

Use connectors that can't be connected incorrectly.
I saw some (full size car) jumper cables the other day that were dummy proof. You plug into whichever terminal you feel like, the box detects the polarity and starts the juice. Of course they were twice the size of a touring car.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

I understand the boost and turbo settings, but what is the 'Timing' slider that is set to 80 by default, I only had to deal with the other two on 203 so I'm a bit confused.

I see mention of dual mode boost etc but not what I'm after.

Thanks
Skiddins
Old 07-24-2010, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Lets make sure we keep this near the front

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Hit F5 and refresh the page. You also may need to restart IE if you just enabled cookies.

Here is doc that the team was given:

Tekin Vegas 208 Software
for RS, RS PRO and RX8 controllers

The Vegas 208 software contains several major advances towards Tekin’s never-ending pursuit of perfection. As well as increases in performance and lower temperatures, V208 includes a ‘spec’ mode required at some races and some new features to make it all easier to use. So this time its Smarter, Cooler, Faster…

RS Spec Mode
The spec mode provides no Timing Advance or Boost in the controller. The center LED flashes when in neutral to make it easy to verify the unit is in spec mode.

RS Brakes
A major improvement is stronger braking at high speeds. Braking power is increased and is more linear throughout the RPM range.

RS and RX8 Power Delivery
To fine-tune the power delivery we have improved the Current Limiter. Most drivers have reported they can limit the current down to 80% before they even notice it. This can lower motor temps without sacrificing any power or feel. Many drivers have found it beneficial to use even use lower settings in low traction—they find their car handles a lot better without the sudden jolt of torque that can be produced by brushless motors.

Results
Team driver reports have demonstrated that the smoother power delivery and improved brakes, combined with intelligent current limiting, is producing faster lap times and lower temperatures.

Making it easier…. RS and RX8 On-Board Timing Profiles
Who needs a separate programming box when all the features are available on the ESC at the touch of a button? While the HotWire is needed for fine-tuning and software updates, we realize not everyone wants to carry a computer to the track. To make it easier, 208 has new “Timing Profiles” which are taking the place of “Throttle Profiles” on the RS’s onboard interface. Throttle Profile settings are still available using the HotWire. Throttle curve adjustments can also be made on almost all good radios.

The user can now select from 5 preset Timing Profiles on the RS and RS PRO without a HotWire
RS and RS PRO
TP1 – Spec Mode 0deg Boost (LED flashes when in neutral so Tech can easily verify mode)
TP2 – 15deg Boost, 5442 RPM to 20,000 RPM
TP3 – 25deg Boost, “ “
TP4 – 35deg Boost, “ “
TP5 – 45deg Boost, “ “
C1 – Custom settings using Hotwire
C2 – Custom settings using Hotwire

Custom 1 and Custom 2 (C1 and C2) are user-savable Timing Profiles created in the HotWire and are selected via the RS’s onboard interface. This will allow the user to run the same ESC in a “spec” class and have his or her own personal settings stored in C1 or C2 for the non-spec class at the same event/race.

RS, RSpro and RX8 Dual Mode Boost
Also new in 208 is Dual Mode Boost. This feature is most useful when used in the RS PRO with modified motors, or in the RX8 with all T8 motors. Dual Mode Boost lets users set the RPM range where Timing Advance is added, just like we already do with Boost in sensored-only mode. This is the best of both worlds for low turn motors, allowing low gearing/low timing for more torque out of the corners and higher timing for higher top speed/RPM on the straights. This is especially helpful on tracks with tight infields and a long straight.

RS and RSpro Dual Mode Boost Settings
The user can set Dual Mode Boost in the RS using the HotWire and the Custom Timing Profiles. The Start RPM should be in the upper ranges of 10,000 with an End RPM of 25,000+. The maximum timing in Dual Mode is 30deg. The setting range is 0% to 100% (0deg to 30deg) with the most common settings being 50% to 100% (15deg to 30deg).

Team drivers have noted that often they can go up one whole motor wind with the increased power band. For example if you run 4WD Off-road Mod with a 6.5T, in Dual Mode you can now run a 7.5T and get the same if not more useable power and top speed, all with lower motor temps.

RX8 Dual Mode Boost Settings
Tekin T8 motors are 4-pole, 12-slot motors with very low turns that need very little timing at higher RPM. The maximum timing in Dual Mode is 30deg, displayed in the HotWire as Timing Advance, with a range of 0% to 100%. The T8 motors are only able to efficiently use about 30% to 50% Timing Advance (10 to 15deg). Settings higher than 50% on Timing Advance is appropriate for standard 1/10 scale motors, for Tekin’s SC4x SCT motors, and for the long-can motors that some sell as 1/8 scale motors.

While Timing Advance in a 1/10 scale motor can more than double the kV of a motor, the T8 motors only increase kV around 10%, after which the extra energy is wasted in the form of heat. Run times decrease when too much timing is applied.

The user can select from 5 preset Timing Profiles on the RS, RSpro and RX8 without a HotWire:
TP1 – 0deg Dual Mode Boost
TP2 – 20deg Dual Mode Boost,
TP3 – 40deg Dual Mode Boost,
TP4 – 60deg Dual Mode Boost,
TP5 – 80deg Dual Mode Boost,
C1 – Custom settings using Hotwire
C2 – Custom settings using Hotwire

Custom 1 and Custom 2 (C1 and C2) are user-savable Timing Profiles created in the HotWire and selected via the RX8’s on-board interface. This will allow the user to have specific Timing Advance values or different RPM ranges, that are then available on the unit with just a few button pushes.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:51 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Skiddins
I understand the boost and turbo settings, but what is the 'Timing' slider that is set to 80 by default, I only had to deal with the other two on 203 so I'm a bit confused.

I see mention of dual mode boost etc but not what I'm after.

Thanks
Skiddins
it is there so you see what timing advance is for when the sensor wire come of,it is it that location on the dashboard cause when you click dual mode everything on the right side(boost-turbo )are gone,dont worry when in sensored mode your not using timing advance
Old 07-24-2010, 06:53 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by spencehotbodies
Hello

Has any body got a set up for balastic 13.5 motor with v208 software?

Cheers Inadvance
Spencer
in sensored mode in C1-C2 it is the same as 203,and is this TC or 1/12
Old 07-24-2010, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Are tekin users lazy? All off the questions asked on the last few pages have already been answered a few pages back dont be afraid to read some of the other posts for your answers.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The guy who sold me my tekin rs pro told me that he used it on 17.5R motor and stock soft. Im going to use it with a 6,5R motor. He told me that i have to flash a new software. Do i really have to do it or can i just factory reset it?

And, where i could get a rs pro case. My rs pro case has a rs letters.
If i would like to sell it.. well, you know it yourself
Old 07-24-2010, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Talking

I ran the V208 last night in stock buggy. No boost no turbo class. All I can say is THANKS TEKIN!!!!!!!!! It was so silky smooth and powerful. I picked up 6 seconds off of my best run from a week ago. The power band is just smoother and allowed me to get in the throttle quicker out of the turns.

Thanks again TEKIN for the FREEEEEEEE updates,
Joe Maxey (racer from the clay pit in Austin Tx)
Old 07-24-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I'm still really confused here. More questions.

1. this is my setting for 17.5 class. What's an aggressive setup?
2. Is boost in regards of percentage. So, if is say 5 boost, does this mean 5 extra percentage of timing advance on top of the preset timing advance.
3. Looking at the throttle tab, there is the throttle profile. But that looks like the normal linear, convex, concave setup. What the heck does that have to do with the tp1, tp2' with the boost. It seems that throttle profile and timing profile have the same acronym... This makes no sense to me. Also, how do I access the timing profile via hot-wire?
4. What's timing ramp?
5. What's a good setting for turbo delay?
6. And I still don't understand the difference between turbo and boost? It seems like the same thing. And how is one grouped with rpm vs the other being group with delay.

Please someone, give me good answers.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:37 AM
Tech Lord

Teeforb,read over this.it will help you under stand the settings
http://www.carsrcracing.co.uk/?p=188

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.