Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
What...By that 13 year old kid again???
Gowens
Old 04-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Dont worry i will still beat all of you guys talking crap.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG
Dont worry i will still beat all of you guys talking crap.
Shawn better send you some super secret stuff if you're going after me. I stepped my game up a little since you've been away
Old 04-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Shawn better send you some super secret stuff if you're going after me. I stepped my game up a little since you've been away
Says STLNEXTTOLST...
Old 04-13-2008, 09:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Its sad to see that politcal crap has been once again involved in a major race!! The Reedy race is 4 weeks away and no tire selection!! What the HELL!!! The testings has been done on what tire works the best at Speedworld but yet NO TIRE SELECTED!!! Why!! Because someone is favoring a brand of tire! (JACO) I really hope that one of the best damn races of the year held at one of the best tracks in california is not turned to crap because of one person!! Please who ever is in charge of all of this pull your head out!! The Reedy race is in 4 weeks the Vegas race is in what October! HELLO MICKFLY!!!! It would be a shame if this race was crap! The SPEEDWORLD CREW HAS DONE ONE HELL OF A JOB TURNING ONE OF THE BEST TRACKS IN CALIFORNIA INTO A BETTER ONE! This post is only my opinion just thought I would voice it!
Old 04-13-2008, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigdog
Its sad to see that politcal crap has been once again involved in a major race!! The Reedy race is 4 weeks away and no tire selection!! What the HELL!!! The testings has been done on what tire works the best at Speedworld but yet NO TIRE SELECTED!!! Why!! Because someone is favoring a brand of tire! (JACO) I really hope that one of the best damn races of the year held at one of the best tracks in california is not turned to crap because of one person!! Please who ever is in charge of all of this pull your head out!! The Reedy race is in 4 weeks the Vegas race is in what October! HELLO MICKFLY!!!! It would be a shame if this race was crap! The SPEEDWORLD CREW HAS DONE ONE HELL OF A JOB TURNING ONE OF THE BEST TRACKS IN CALIFORNIA INTO A BETTER ONE! This post is only my opinion just thought I would voice it!
I think you locals should relax.......Tamiya would close there track a month before and if you did'nt run a tamiya you could not run at the track to get practice..

Atleast you guys still get to run on the track...
Old 04-14-2008, 06:49 AM
Tech Adept

I guess I'm confused? What does Vegas have to do with anything?
unless you are insinuating that Scotty should get his head out of his ass?
If thats what you are trying to say please feel free to e-mail him at [email protected] I'm sure he love to hear your comments.

There is nothing political about the tires we choose, none of them will make anybody"s wallets thicker. it's about what tire is best for the race and the racer.

There is a lot that rides on a tire decision, performance, quality, and most of all that alot of people do not even think about is availability. have you ever tried to get a hold of 1500 sets of tires?

If not announcing the tire until 4 weeks before the race is the worst thing thats going to happen then everybody is in for a great race.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Absurd. These conspiracy theories get more outlandish every day. What exactly does JACO have to do with any of this? The problem with choosing tires seems to be the concern over supply. As you are well aware, there are issues surrounding the availability of pre-mounts from all manufacturers. I believe any delay or reluctence to decide on a tire is based on the inability to get a firm commitment from SOME manufacturers as to whether enough tires will be available. I hardly think Scotty or Billy would jeapordize such an important race over petty politics. We have no influence on decisions made regarding this race. Think about it... Billy imports Sorex, Scotty has a race series with Much More, and we sponsor a race in Vegas...in August. So tell me why this favors JACO again?????
Old 04-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Tech Adept

I heard that the hand out tires are going to be Tamiya TYPE A's premounts with spoked wheels.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jimmy Jacobson
I heard that the hand out tires are going to be Tamiya TYPE A's premounts with spoked wheels.
I knew someone would guess right.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

sounds like you want to know the spec tire so you can have an advantage at your local track.

they should announce the spec tire Wednesday night. that way its an equal playing field

molina... Tamiya closed the track for a month.. EVEN if you had a tamiya..and you were in reedy, you werent allowed to practice.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hebiki
sounds like you want to know the spec tire so you can have an advantage at your local track.

they should announce the spec tire Wednesday night. that way its an equal playing field

molina... Tamiya closed the track for a month.. EVEN if you had a tamiya..and you were in reedy, you werent allowed to practice.
nah, bigdog doesn't race there regularly
Old 04-14-2008, 12:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RussB
nah, bigdog doesn't race there regularly
he's luckier than me. i wont make the Reedy this year. someone else will have to dominate the G-main.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Let's lighten up this thread a little bit, I laugh at my own $hit at times, LOL.
Here is my take on the whole thing since we have been doing the testing on the tires with some of my close friends that can drive pretty well. This is what we came up with together. The rim will be a Cross black 26mm rim, you must have 4 complete wraps around the rim with grey duct tape, the insert is a Yokomo thin, the tire will be a H13 pro-line and you must glue your own tires. I can sell those to you guys for around $25.00. You can also buy as many as you want for the Reedy Race.
What do you think?

Billy
Old 04-14-2008, 12:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Dialed! I'll pick up some duct tape today to get ready.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.