Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Hard case lipo pack under $35.00 bucks!?!? >

Hard case lipo pack under $35.00 bucks!?!?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hard case lipo pack under $35.00 bucks!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lutach
Understood, but what if they are as good as the most expensive ones. I think they are more for the love of the hobby instead of the hard core racer. Who knows, they might be using Kokam cells. Also, a lot of known products are manufactured in Asia and over priced to feed the big companies. If care is taken you won't burn your house down no matter what quality lipo you use.
see, that is my problem here... orion publicly states the manufacturer of their cells. just like nimh cells, you know who the manufacturer is, not just who's label is on them.

with these super cheap lipos, i know nothing about them other than that they look like something else.

i'm of the opinion that if they want to sell these here, and want a good reputation, they should probably be submitted for ROAR approval. the fact that they have a hard case and visually appear to have all the other requirements for approval leads me to believe one of two things:

they are cheap knockoff's
-or-
they are a batch of packs (OEM'd for another label) that will not pass testing and are being unloaded at super cheap prices
Old 03-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JevUK
I wouldn't just go hating the chinese.. Because the internet means people can find out where things really come from and try and by pass the middle man.

Most toys have been made in china since I was a kid but you always had a few layers of middle men/paper pushers taking the bigest % of profit.

Actually, it is the middle men "hating" the most in this thread. LOL
Old 03-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RussB
see, that is my problem here... orion publicly states the manufacturer of their cells. just like nimh cells, you know who the manufacturer is, not just who's label is on them.

with these super cheap lipos, i know nothing about them other than that they look like something else.

i'm of the opinion that if they want to sell these here, and want a good reputation, they should probably be submitted for ROAR approval. the fact that they have a hard case and visually appear to have all the other requirements for approval leads me to believe one of two things:

they are cheap knockoff's
-or-
they are a batch of packs (OEM'd for another label) that will not pass testing and are being unloaded at super cheap prices
Point well made. Maybe someone or http://www.ultralinehobbies.com can send some to get ROAR approved or at least try. A lot of guys in rcgroups's forum test all kinds of batteries and a test should be done on this ones as well. Dircharge graphs and graphs of them in action would be good too.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Funny how China...a Communist country... is beating America at its own game...which is Capitalism.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 403forbidden
Funny how China...a Communist country... is beating America at its own game...which is Capitalism.

Yeah, by 2015 China will have expanded their interstate to be bigger than the Uunited States. China is undergoing the largest infrastructure build ever seen including what Germany and the U.S did during the world wars and great depression. Also many chinese are reaching middle class and buying automobiles. Can you imagine if only 10% of the country bought cars? There would be 300,000,000 autos on the road that were not on the road 10 years ago.

If you find $3 a gallon gas expensive, just wait till the 300,000,000 cars in china need gas. 2015 it would be expected that gas prices would be $10 a gallon. Based on 9% current inflation on gas and the increasing demand that would push prices high. 9 years ago gas 2/3 cheaper at less than $1.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Other than the ecological footprint discussed above.

Originally Posted by lutach
Understood, but what if they are as good as the most expensive ones. I think they are more for the love of the hobby instead of the hard core racer.
This is pure speculation without fact. Let me ask this, if they are soo enthused about the hobby versus profit, why would they constantly make clones of other products versus going their own way? Team Magic being an exception to this.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Originally Posted by UltraLineMotors
We are taking pre-orders and should be shipping March 15th, the demand has been very high.

http://www.ultralinehobbies.com
Your International Shipping is too darn expensive. Why not use USPS for International?
As I have friend send me stuffs from US to Malaysia before and they do reach here safely.

I can get 2 more of those lipo packs for the shipping alone.

Please select shipping method :
UPS - Worldwide Expedited $79.68
Old 03-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Sounds like people here hate Chinese people.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oXYnary
Other than the ecological footprint discussed above.

This is pure speculation without fact. Let me ask this, if they are soo enthused about the hobby versus profit, why would they constantly make clones of other products versus going their own way? Team Magic being an exception to this.
I don't think there was a patent issued and copies are allowed . They might be reaching the budget guy who can't spend $90 on a lipo pack. They might want to keep it a hobby instead of a High profit machine. All I can say is to wait and see what people that do buy them say. Maybe one of them will have one of those CBA and run some data for all of us.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -KilleR-
Your International Shipping is too darn expensive. Why not use USPS for International?
As I have friend send me stuffs from US to Malaysia before and they do reach here safely.

I can get 2 more of those lipo packs for the shipping alone.
Thanks for your question. Many of our orders do come from over seas we have found lots of issues w/tracking packages and orders not getting to the people that order the item. The shipping opitions offered on our site are up to date and we do ship most of our orders USPS here in the sates. USPS has limited Internatioal shipping becouse of tracking.

Hope this helps
Old 03-12-2008, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys,
All Pm's and email's have been answered. Thanks for all your questions and interest in the Yeah Racing Lipo Battery. Everyone placing orders will be receiving them very soon. And for those that haven't there's still time, the fisrt shippment goes out around the 15th.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Isnt it funny how 3yrs or so, Mfg's started selling "hard cased" lipos to the public, and soft sided ones were used before that in R/C. All before ROAR finally cought on to this technology and decided this year it better listen to the racers, (not knocking ROAR, Dawn has been a godsend). Anyone now throwing there hat into the lipo ring must have ROAR approval, which is fine, but what were we all doing before ROAR had there approval process? Running lipos!
I have no problem with somone wanting to throw out a 3200 for $35 without approval, look 95% of PPL dont race anyway, so whats the big deal? I'll probably try one out just out of curiosity to see if it holds up, I honestly dont think they'd put this out if it didnt hold up, the company would be out of the hobby business the next day if PPL's packs started crapping out. A new orion 3200 is now $65 so the cost is comming down on even the big player packs.
BTW..not all the MFG's have released where there cells come from, but you can bet they all come from Asia. Lets not bury these packs till they can be publically tested and abused. We do need more Mfg's stepping up and cutting product costs with the economy in a hole.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hobbipro
Isnt it funny how 3yrs or so, Mfg's started selling "hard cased" lipos to the public, and soft sided ones were used before that in R/C. All before ROAR finally cought on to this technology and decided this year it better listen to the racers, (not knocking ROAR, Dawn has been a godsend). Anyone now throwing there hat into the lipo ring must have ROAR approval, which is fine, but what were we all doing before ROAR had there approval process? Running lipos!
I have no problem with somone wanting to throw out a 3200 for $35 without approval, look 95% of PPL dont race anyway, so whats the big deal? I'll probably try one out just out of curiosity to see if it holds up, I honestly dont think they'd put this out if it didnt hold up, the company would be out of the hobby business the next day if PPL's packs started crapping out. A new orion 3200 is now $65 so the cost is comming down on even the big player packs.
BTW..not all the MFG's have released where there cells come from, but you can bet they all come from Asia. Lets not bury these packs till they can be publically tested and abused. We do need more Mfg's stepping up and cutting product costs with the economy in a hole.

Totally agreed with your post. Let's try it out first before making any judgements. I know I'm going to buy one just for club racing. If it holds up great, if not I can reuse the the hardcase and put my FMA cellpro cells which are THE REAL DEAL.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Battery

Got one coming. Should be using it at club in a couple of weeks. Will post pics of whats left of xray.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I ordered one too, First thing I'll do is throw it in my T4 with Mamba max 5700 motor. Mamba's are widely known to cogg or hesitate on junk cells. I'm not even going to try making setting changes, its already setup for orion 3200's. So this should be a good test back to back. I want to see the quality too, case construction, wire ect. Not to mention what balance plug it comes with. I have an equinox and hyperion balancers so one should work on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.