Wiki Posts
Search

BMI DB10R!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Uga
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Clegg
So I am pondering picking up a DB10R to run WGT. Jason, are there any new upgrades or changes coming for the 10R that would be a reason for me to wait a few weeks? Or is that car pretty much fixed in the form it will be in for a while? Also if I order the DB10R from your web store, does that come with the 10RR upgrade already on it? Also how do 1S LiPo's work into the mix with this chassis?

also after looking through the last few pages, it looks like the batteries are very hard to remove from teh chassis once they are in. am I seeing this wrong? Our track requires you to charge in a LiPo sack so each time I come off the track I need to pull the batt's out of teh car. the 12RR is simple, but this setup looks like you need to remove the top plate.
I am pretty sure that it's coming with all the updates to RR. The battery is actually not that hard to get off, just 3 srews and it pops out, actually it's much easier than taking off the shock and taping down the battery on 12RR.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:55 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Removing the topdeck is easy. There are just 3 screws to remove and the battery goes out. Maybe takes half a minute or less so no problem.

Aah...Uga was faster on this.

Last edited by V12; 09-15-2009 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:06 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Good info, what about the mounting of the 1S LiPo pack in the chassis? do we need to use the weighted LiPo tray? and if so. what keeps the 1S pack from moving around on that tray. Doesnt look like it was designed for 1S use.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:11 AM
V12
Tech Elite

The current DB10R actually is a DB10RR. The rear pod was changed some time ago so it´s better centered for BL motors, meaning it´s the same as the one from the DB12RR. According also the right hub was changed and the position from the center shock was moved slightly to the rear.

If there are any new parts in the works only Jason will know.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:17 AM
V12
Tech Elite

I´m using 2S Lipo so can´t say exactly how it works but from what I remember you could use the battery locator plate cut into 2 halfes for fixing the 1S Lipo.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clegg
Good info, what about the mounting of the 1S LiPo pack in the chassis? do we need to use the weighted LiPo tray? and if so. what keeps the 1S pack from moving around on that tray. Doesnt look like it was designed for 1S use.
The car is in updated form and there are not any changes in the near future for it. We have been running 1s LiPo in the car with no mods. You can tape it in or use the weighted lipo tray. All you need to do to mount it in the lipo tray is tape it into the tray.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Champion

I used the weighted tray with mine and Frank ran his without the weighted tray at the IIC. With the weighted tray and the DB9 body my car was well over weight and Frank had to add 28 grams to his to make weight. I used plastic blocks shoe goo'd to the weighted tray to hold the battery in place so I wouldn't have to tape the pack in and it worked very nicely. If I had a uni-bit with me at the time I probably would have lightened the tray just enough to bring the car back down to weight. Here's a pic of my cars on RC50, you can see how I had the blocks glued in on this:

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=62&pos=598
Old 09-15-2009, 02:17 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I used the weighted tray with mine and Frank ran his without the weighted tray at the IIC. With the weighted tray and the DB9 body my car was well over weight and Frank had to add 28 grams to his to make weight. I used plastic blocks shoe goo'd to the weighted tray to hold the battery in place so I wouldn't have to tape the pack in and it worked very nicely. If I had a uni-bit with me at the time I probably would have lightened the tray just enough to bring the car back down to weight. Here's a pic of my cars on RC50, you can see how I had the blocks glued in on this:

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=62&pos=598
Hrm... So I know for sure I dont want to run a heavy car... that sorta goes against the whole LiPo thing... so no heavy tray for me although the blocks on the tray do make it look like it holds good without the need for tape.

But I Guess I'll need to use tape if I plan to run 1/10th... grr I was just so happy about getting away from tape in the 1/12th.

Would be nice if thr 10RR chassis could get the treatment that the 12RR did to make a pocket for the 1S packs and some retainment mech that would not require taking the time to tape in a pack everytime we need to swap one. The CRC XL's that were there didnt need the pack taped in did they? (Hunting for pics)
Old 09-15-2009, 03:57 PM
Tech Champion

It might be possible to use something like the old AE battery boxes if the LiPo pack will fit in them, or maybe the old Protech velcro strap that would bolt to the chassis.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:50 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
It might be possible to use something like the old AE battery boxes if the LiPo pack will fit in them, or maybe the old Protech velcro strap that would bolt to the chassis.
how about an 'unweighted lipo tray' ?
Old 09-15-2009, 10:51 PM
Tech Champion

If there was one
Old 09-21-2009, 04:49 AM
Tech Addict

Got One

Just need setups now for 4 cell nimh, 1S LiPo & 10.5BL for low to medium grip please. Save me reading all the thread
Old 09-21-2009, 07:49 AM
Tech Adept

I would like to get a DB10R but Stormer don't seem to have any at the moment.

What I'm wondering about more than this, is the tires. Why have so many places sold out of the tires? I checked Stormer, Tower, A-main and superior but they don't seem to be stocked up on tires (especially WGT tires). I personally, still have quite a few sets of pan car tires from my other cars but I just think it's interesting that the new cars are more or less available but the tires aren't. I'm guessing this is an issue for people wanting to buy the cars (because none of the cars include tires)? Can someone fill me in on this? Thanks

Daniel
Old 09-21-2009, 08:18 AM
Uga
Tech Regular

AFAIK there were some problems at the Jaco factory, but they have recently announced that they have started filling the backorders again.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:25 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have BSR WGT tires in stock if you need them. Jaco should have some on the way to me soon also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.