Wiki Posts
Search

SERPENT 120

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by John_S
I shall look into these things and get back to you thanks m8
I really would not worry about it too much. It is a condition of this tweak system. I tried running a FF07 tweak system on one of my 1/12th cars last year and found the same issue. The car would not tweak on my tweak station. After spending a lot of time on the tweak station before every run and never getting the bubble to center after tapping on the car while in the tweak station, I realized that even though the bubble would move around, the car never seemed tweaked on the track. I think that’s the nature of this system. Julius is correct. I would remove the side shock before adjusting the tweak as it will make for a more accurate adjustment. We always check the tweak from the rear of the car. We have found that it is more accurate and achieves better results. You will need to use a good tweak station to adjust from the rear of the car. We use the Unity Tool station. A little pricey but it’s the most accurate and is good for both 1/12th and WGT chassis

http://www.unitytool.com/Unity_Tools...ek_boards.html
Old 01-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crashby
I really would not worry about it too much. It is a condition of this tweak system. I tried running a FF07 tweak system on one of my 1/12th cars last year and found the same issue. The car would not tweak on my tweak station.
I've always been of the impression that over-pressuring the fingers would cause that. Get them so they "just" touch, and tweaks better.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Mr.Blonde- Soon we will be at the Birds and not only will we do well, we will listen to TECHNO for 7 straight days...168 hours!!!

Check your PM's and get back to me when you have a chance...

Butter
Old 01-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
I've always been of the impression that over-pressuring the fingers would cause that. Get them so they "just" touch, and tweaks better.
I agree with you there. Too much pressure makes the mid point a bit fuzzy and makes the adjustment more critical without changing anything else.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:00 AM
Tech Adept

@Butter: I don't wanna loose........... dang dang dang *lol*
Old 01-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can someone help me out on the bearing sizes used in s120? I have the manual downloaded but the sizes listed are not the same as the part number descriptions. I am trying to get and understanding for support parts before I buy the car.

Thanks
Jeff
Old 01-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Another question sorry. Do I need to order the car from EU? I cannot seem to find anyone in the US that has the car or needed parts in stock. Is there a reason for this or is the US just not important enough to warrant getting product?
Old 01-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Regional Moderator

I'd check either Stormer or Ashford Hobby. Stormer had 3 S120s within the last 2 weeks, but they are gone now. I've heard that both of these shops should be getting their shipments this week.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:28 PM
oze
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mr Granone
Can someone help me out on the bearing sizes used in s120? I have the manual downloaded but the sizes listed are not the same as the part number descriptions. I am trying to get and understanding for support parts before I buy the car.

Thanks
Jeff
Same size as Asso:
1/4 x 3/8 rear
1/8 x 5/16 front
Old 01-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

I noticed that Stormer has a good parts list but 80% of them are "on order" This seems to be the case with everyone I talk to about the car. I am all to familiar with hard to get parts as a Corally driver. This is most distressing knowing that parts support is going to be even more difficult for this car.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This is most distressing knowing that parts support is going to be even more difficult for this car.
It's temporary. the holidays are the worst times of the year to ship anything. UPS only works about 2 days a week on ground packages for a 14 day period.

I think you'll find excellent support for the car by Friday.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
It's temporary. the holidays are the worst times of the year to ship anything. UPS only works about 2 days a week on ground packages for a 14 day period.

I think you'll find excellent support for the car by Friday.
do you have the new cars in yet?
Old 01-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks
Jeff
Another question sorry. Do I need to order the car from EU? I cannot seem to find anyone in the US that has the car or needed parts in stock. Is there a reason for this or is the US just not important enough to warrant getting product?
Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
I'd check either Stormer or Ashford Hobby. Stormer had 3 S120s within the last 2 weeks, but they are gone now. I've heard that both of these shops should be getting their shipments this week.
I noticed that Stormer has a good parts list but 80% of them are "on order" This seems to be the case with everyone I talk to about the car. I am all to familiar with hard to get parts as a Corally driver. This is most distressing knowing that parts support is going to be even more difficult for this car.
Stormer is correct. UPS has being slow delivering the shipments in the Holiday Season. Between 12/29 and 01/02 we ship to all the dealers that had back orders and pending orders. So you should be able to see a good availability during this week.

We have kits and parts in stock and new shipments on the way. So i don't think there is going to be any problem with availability

Mr Granone, go ahead confident, you will enjoy the car
Old 01-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by OILMAN
do you have the new cars in yet?
OILMAN, you haven't buy it yet?
Old 01-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by serpentamerica
OILMAN, you haven't buy it yet?
i was waiting for the new kits

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.