Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SERPENT 120

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by OILMAN
are the new kits going to these places as well?
Yes Sir
Old 12-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by John_S
I cant get proper ride height with the kit spring atm can anybody help it just compresses the shock and turning the adgust nut just compresses the shock even more i think this issue has been spoken about before does anybody know how to solve this? Thanks i am currently running an associated shock and would rather have my serpent shock back
any help?
Old 12-30-2008, 01:39 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by serpentamerica
Yes Sir
excellent...i will wait b4 i order my kit....
Old 12-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C Verano
They'll get cut down soon. They already look pretty small compared to an 1/8th scale tire.
Chris,

I know what you mean, I too used to race 1/8th on road cars and once the season was over and I started my 1/12th season it would take weeks for the little car to look normal again to me.

Steve
Old 12-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C Verano
Please post when you recieve some parts.
The sweetest way to go is have our website email you the very second the parts are delivered to our system.

Here's how you do it. Pick a part that you are confident we are getting. For the sake of this demo, I chose a T-bar. Click to go to the part, and click on the link that says "click here to be notified when the part comes in".

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=SER411006

It's a one time emailing to the address you provide. and the email from that is not saved.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by John_S
I cant get proper ride height with the kit spring atm can anybody help it just compresses the shock and turning the adgust nut just compresses the shock even more i think this issue has been spoken about before does anybody know how to solve this? Thanks i am currently running an associated shock and would rather have my serpent shock back
The spring that comes in the kit is very soft and could be longer. I found that I almost had to run the threaded collar up almost to the end of the adjustment to get the ride height to the correct level. But the car did work fine like that. I think the car can use a stiffer shock spring than the one that came in the kit. Serpent does offer several other springs which are both longer and different weights which helps address the issue. You just need to get one or all of the optional springs. I did find that a Duratrax Vendetta spring fits the Serpent S120 shock and I am currently using one of those springs until I get the optional Serpent springs.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
The sweetest way to go is have our website email you the very second the parts are delivered to our system.

Here's how you do it. Pick a part that you are confident we are getting. For the sake of this demo, I chose a T-bar. Click to go to the part, and click on the link that says "click here to be notified when the part comes in".

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=SER411006

It's a one time emailing to the address you provide. and the email from that is not saved.
thats how we know bob is a pimp...
Old 12-31-2008, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Crashby
The spring that comes in the kit is very soft and could be longer. I found that I almost had to run the threaded collar up almost to the end of the adjustment to get the ride height to the correct level. But the car did work fine like that. I think the car can use a stiffer shock spring than the one that came in the kit. Serpent does offer several other springs which are both longer and different weights which helps address the issue. You just need to get one or all of the optional springs. I did find that a Duratrax Vendetta spring fits the Serpent S120 shock and I am currently using one of those springs until I get the optional Serpent springs.
what color is that spring? and where did you get it? tower is out of stock on most of them..
Old 12-31-2008, 02:33 PM
Regional Moderator

Serpent shows two new springs for the S120, silver (#411174) and black (#411175). See this page for the descriptions.

http://www.serpent.com/product/
Old 12-31-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
what color is that spring? and where did you get it? tower is out of stock on most of them..
I actually went through the inventory at NorCal and bought them off of the wall. It's an unusal diameter on the S120 shock. Not much cross over to other shocks. Like Carbon Joe said, they do have optional springs and hopefully they will arrive with the next shipment.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

NorCal had both blue and green Vendetta springs. The blue spring is slightely stiffer and longer than the S120 kit blue spring.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

NorCal had both blue and green Vendetta springs. The blue spring is slightely stiffer and longer than the S120 kit blue spring.
man, I ask one question and I get all sortsa answers . I know what the differences are ass lol.. I just asked you which color.. and I know exactly what the serpent springs are guys lol.. and where to find them.. anyhow. Btw crash, the longer arm doesn't change the instant roll center.. but it does change the roll center which is why it affects camber gain . try plotting the roll center of both..
Old 12-31-2008, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Serpent shows two new springs for the S120, silver (#411174) and black (#411175). See this page for the descriptions.

I know they have new springs man. Cause tower hobbies doesn't have the serpent springs, me and crahs were talkin about the duratrax springs... thanks tho..
Old 12-31-2008, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe

I actually went through the inventory at NorCal and bought them off of the wall. It's an unusal diameter on the S120 shock. Not much cross over to other shocks. Like Carbon Joe said, they do have optional springs and hopefully they will arrive with the next shipment.
man, I ask one question and I get all sortsa answers . I know what the differences are ass lol.. I just asked you which color.. and I know exactly what the serpent springs are guys lol.. and where to find them.. anyhow. Btw crash, the longer arm doesn't change the instant roll center.. but it does change the roll center which is why it affects camber gain . try plotting the roll center of both..
I know they have new springs man. Cause tower hobbies doesn't have the serpent springs, me and crahs were talkin about the duratrax springs... thanks tho..

Guys, the springs have being already shipped to the dealers this week.

Happy New Year!!
Old 12-31-2008, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by serpentamerica
Guys, the springs have being already shipped to the dealers this week.

Happy New Year!!
sorry about getting you caught up in this doug lol.. happy new year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.