Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic E4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Who sells parts for the team magic e4rs only wolf hobbies?
Old 10-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SNIPR

www.rcshopping.com
These guys have the most extensive stock for Team Magic. Their website is a bit clunky (slow) but they take Paypal.

or

www.rcmushroom.com
They have some parts for TM E4's just the basic and some options but thats it.

There is another store in China that has parts but you can only order from them through sending your shopping list via e-mail and then they'll reply via e-mail to confirm. You can view the products through their website but that's it. Also all their prices are in HK dollars so you'll have to convert and they don't take Paypal.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I agree whole heartedly. My whole attraction to this was the centralized configuration. The only car left is the TA06 Pro - I guess that will have to be my choice hope its the right one

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
For me the only attraction to the TM car was its balanced centralized battery layout and simplicity of design as compared to the now TA-06. If the TM car is no different than another XRay / Serpent / AE / Tamiya / 3Racing / etc....
I would move on and away to one of those above that already has better parts support.
Thank you so much for the help!

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
www.rcshopping.com
These guys have the most extensive stock for Team Magic. Their website is a bit clunky (slow) but they take Paypal.

or

www.rcmushroom.com
They have some parts for TM E4's just the basic and some options but thats it.

There is another store in China that has parts but you can only order from them through sending your shopping list via e-mail and then they'll reply via e-mail to confirm. You can view the products through their website but that's it. Also all their prices are in HK dollars so you'll have to convert and they don't take Paypal.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

http://www.rcmanufactory.com/
This one has the biggest selection of parts for the Team Magic cars.
And cheap 2

regards Roy

Originally Posted by SNIPR
Old 10-31-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Finally found a carpet setup with this car that is extremely easy to drive.

Slightly pushy entering the corner lots of mid corner and exit steering.

#3 bar in front for tighter track layouts, #4 bar in front for faster layouts.

Gear motor to be the most forward in the chassis possible.

Stays extremely consistent for the entire 6min run.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
E4RS09_Carcar_Setup.pdf (356.5 KB, 227 views)

Last edited by Capt'N_Slow; 10-31-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:07 PM
Tech Regular

Please find pictures attached of the car. I have slowly been modifying the car from the base setup to find something that will work on my carpet track.

I needed to increase the height of the servo and use a longer servo horn to clear the square edge of the battery pack. 7mm of spacers added to steering block to eliminate bump steer.
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic E4 Thread-img_0241.jpg   Team Magic E4 Thread-img_0242.jpg   Team Magic E4 Thread-img_0243.jpg   Team Magic E4 Thread-img_0244.jpg   Team Magic E4 Thread-img_0245.jpg  

Old 10-31-2011, 11:53 PM
Tech Adept

Hello

I published some of my modification as tips for the E4RS.

You can find them here: http://blog.hrcdistribution.com/?page_id=76

Old 11-01-2011, 03:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Cheers to Capt N Slow and RC Infos, lots of useful info there.

All those mods just to obtain more flex make it look like a new car - I'd call it the E4EF (EF = Extra Flex). I wish TM would produce a new model based on that rather than a boring Xray clone.

My original E4 is due some attention, haven't had it on the track yet. The original shock caps are rubbish, will shock caps from other brands fit straight on the original E4 shocks? I may just use a set of E4JS caps if they fit.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

If anyone is looking for an E4FS or knows someone looking for one (actually 2)....mine are on Ebay. I was really waiting for the new one to come out but now that TM went different direction I'll just stick with my other cars. Long live the E4 !!!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 05:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Get in line
Still have 2 for sale also

regards Roy

Originally Posted by Evoracer
If anyone is looking for an E4FS or knows someone looking for one (actually 2)....mine are on Ebay. I was really waiting for the new one to come out but now that TM went different direction I'll just stick with my other cars. Long live the E4 !!!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RC Infos
Hello

I published some of my modification as tips for the E4RS.

You can find them here: http://blog.hrcdistribution.com/?page_id=76

Thank you for your well illustrated tips and tricks. It's a shame TM is not continuing with this design as the only other fix I would have liked is a solid 1 piece under chassis (no battery hole) to prevent the occasional bowing or tweaking.

The cars rear grip tends to fade at the 3-4 min mark I was thinking it was the tire additive wearing off.

Your tips cause me to think I need to add even more rear grip to this car.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Capt'N_Slow
Thank you for your well illustrated tips and tricks. It's a shame TM is not continuing with this design as the only other fix I would have liked is a solid 1 piece under chassis (no battery hole) to prevent the occasional bowing or tweaking.

The cars rear grip tends to fade at the 3-4 min mark I was thinking it was the tire additive wearing off.

Your tips cause me to think I need to add even more rear grip to this car.
Hello

These tips pages are originaly parts of the documents I wrote for Team Magic (3 documents, septembre 2010 / december 2010 / may 2011). The original documents are for internal use only, but I think the "home-made" modifications are useful for anyone, it's why I made these special tips sheets.

I'm happy you enjoyed it.

Something you can't see on these pages, but very important, is to move the rear arms on the uprights: I always use the upper hole on the uprights, which allow me to obtain a really better rear roll center (with 0.5 to 1mm shims under FR and RR arm holders).
Old 11-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RC Infos
Something you can't see on these pages, but very important, is to move the rear arms on the uprights: I always use the upper hole on the uprights, which allow me to obtain a really better rear roll center (with 0.5 to 1mm shims under FR and RR arm holders).
Wheelbase:
Have not tried cutting the rear arms down 2mm to adjust the wheel base. If anything I would want to increase the wheelbase to transfer more weight forward in this chassis. For carpet use putting more weight forward makes it much easier to drive.

Roll Center:
In front the middle location makes the car easiest to drive. By using 2mm the front end only gains .25deg of camber sometimes I use 3mm for 0deg camber gain if the traction really comes up (prevent traction roll).

Rear I used the most inside hole as it keeps the rear end planted through twisty chicanes. Have tried all sorts of shims and always seem to go back to 0mm inside and outside as best. Do you have a preferred rear setup?

Anti-Dive:
Currently use 0.5mm shim under FR as it prevents the car from falling over the front shocks under breaking and also to calm down the steering when the traction really comes up at the end of the night.

Have tried putting 0.5mm under the RR and it makes the rear end feel less planted getting into the corner. I tried this idea after seeing it on marco's setup sheet.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Default Hot Bodies TCX - iNLine

Old ideas become new again. Will shorty 2s lipo packs make a 3 belt design more possible?
Old 11-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Regular

Default Shorty 2s Batteries

Battery Dimensions (mm): 95 x 46.5 x 25
Weight: 215 grams (7.6 oz)

Fantom 6500mAh 7.4v 2S Lipo Battery Pack, 65C
Dimensions: 138.5mm x 46.5mm x 24.5mm
Weight: 315 grams (11.11 oz)

You drop 100 grams so 1200g touring cars become a reality. As the battery is 40mm shorter it will be like running 5 cell once again but at 8.4volts.

Battery to the front for carpet and to the rear for asphalt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.