Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree678Likes

FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

If your going to race a home made car and be competitive dont you have to be in one of 2 buckets?

Are there allot of fast guys out there that understand chassis design or a really smart guy that is fast? I thought you get one or the other but not both. I dont know what the big deal is. Neither one of the two is going to catch the eye of the new hot girl coming to the track. The argument is like racer on racer crime, Im sure it wasnt a racer that said they felt unsafe when so an sos car exploded. Based on the points being made whomever added it as a restriction was in one of the 2 groups but certainly not both. smart and fast. Im kidding but dont we have rule makers that frequent this forum? Maybe its just a rule passed around because when you are developing rules you start by looking at other similar rule books and add them until its questioned.
Old 10-25-2019, 06:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bry195
If your going to race a home made car and be competitive dont you have to be in one of 2 buckets?
No. Why do people have to fit some stereotypes you've made up?
Are there allot of fast guys out there that understand chassis design or a really smart guy that is fast?
Yes.
Neither one of the two is going to catch the eye of the new hot girl coming to the track. The argument is like racer on racer crime, Im sure it wasnt a racer that said they felt unsafe when so an sos car exploded.
I doubt the people who enjoy building their own cars do it to pick up chicks. I don't see what you're rambling about here.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think you guys are over exaggerating what a home made car actually is, if you were to simply move the motor from the rear to the front of any touring car similar to awesomatix, you have now changed weight bias so a simple spring/shock package would need changing but otherwise steering geometry etc...has not changed and you don't need to be an engineer to create such a vehicle. Is it any different to all the conversion kits popping up now?
Nicadrauspro4 and gigaplex like this.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gigaplex
No. Why do people have to fit some stereotypes you've made up?

Yes.

I doubt the people who enjoy building their own cars do it to pick up chicks. I don't see what you're rambling about here.

lighten up brother. I wasnt trying to identify who has been hurt by the ladies of RC. There are none, My points should be taken about as seriously as the rest of the opinions on home built versus a factory car (interesting but not factual). There is a way for a black and white guy such as yourself to get the facts. Ask or let the rest of us have an opinion and expand, contract and abstract what you want but anyone who tells you to abandon your opinion without facts is controlling (resist with all faculty and try to teach them understand freedom). If a home built is safe who cares? You should because we need progress and participation more than mindless surface level acceptance of the rules or my comments. Im pretty sure you have a had a regular feeling in your gut that someone is saying something stupid that might have more to it than just stupid? I was sure I was partially wrong before i said it and yet i did, I had no idea that you are humorless but to be fair it was barely funny. You went way to hard on it But its cool because you are my people,
Old 10-26-2019, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Sale on TAMIYAUSA website:

RC FF-04 EVO CHASSIS KIT

FF-04 Evo Black Edition

SALE PRICE: $225.00
Rick Vessell and 1/8 IC Fan like this.
Old 10-26-2019, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeyE

RC FF-04 EVO CHASSIS KIT

FF-04 Evo Black Edition

Thanks to this thread. I ordered one on Thursday. I've been keeping an eye on it. Funny thing is I was thinking that our would be nice if it was on sale and there it was on the tamiya news page.
Old 10-26-2019, 11:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JoeyE

RC FF-04 EVO CHASSIS KIT

FF-04 Evo Black Edition

I have not tried nor seen an actual FF04. How does it compare to the 03 and why isn't this kit popular like the 03 is?
Old 10-27-2019, 05:26 AM
Tech Regular

There was no basic FF04, just Evo, which is XV01TC with carbon chassis and and removed rear gearbox
Old 10-27-2019, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Papi
There was no basic FF04, just Evo, which is XV01TC with carbon chassis and and removed rear gearbox
So it it any good? Performance wise?
Old 10-27-2019, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nicadrauspro4
So it it any good? Performance wise?
I've been checking out this thread on the ff04

https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/831638-tamiya-ff04-15.html
Old 10-28-2019, 12:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've been racing my MTS FFv3 in our club race against other FWDs and so far, I've taken TQ and win on the first race and win in our second outing qualifying second. This is against a T4F, AMX Destiny and a Spice Yokomo conversion. I like my MTS so much that I bought a second one lol. At $179us on RCMart, this is the best bang for the buck IMO.
Old 10-28-2019, 05:55 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eevul
I've been racing my MTS FFv3 in our club race against other FWDs and so far, I've taken TQ and win on the first race and win in our second outing qualifying second. This is against a T4F, AMX Destiny and a Spice Yokomo conversion. I like my MTS so much that I bought a second one lol. At $179us on RCMart, this is the best bang for the buck IMO.
I think if you had the FF04 EVO in your possession ,you may as possible could TQ and won as well..
1/8 IC Fan likes this.
Old 10-28-2019, 05:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Good showing by ARC at the ETS!
Old 10-29-2019, 03:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've created a thread for the Xpress FT1 - Xpress Execute FT1 FWD TC

My build had a few hiccups, the manual had a few errors in it, some were corrected with an addendum sheet but there were still a few other issues (some screw sizes weren't mentioned, wrong screw sizes mentioned in a few other places). But overall, it went together pretty well. Hopefully they iron out the bugs in the next batch.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
I think if you had the FF04 EVO in your possession ,you may as possible could TQ and won as well..
My point is that you don't have to spend over $200 on a chassis to have fun and be competitive.
simple likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.