Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree678Likes

FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

toe-in rear upright na pala, that's good to hear i've been researching on it the last few days

yup pare, used to race at boyel's, lils, manuela, etc. i really enjoyed my FWD before so that's why i'm thinking of rebuilding the FF02
Old 06-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Nice to hear blue! Sadly Boyel is gone and Manuela has been modernized. The only real race track left in the Metro is JP Raceway along C5 which is an indoor on road track.

Best of luck to your FF02. Post pics ok? We'd love to see it. Only prob with that is the high servo mount which won't allow you to install low profile bodies.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:52 PM
Tech Adept

yup, all those racetracks are history already except JP which i only tried once

if my plans will all push thru i'll post pics

salamat bro
Old 06-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Default YR-F2 parts for purchase

I just bought some YR-F2 parts from these guys.

end-of-line-rc.co.uk

The shipping to the States was expensive, but, it was the only place I could find parts.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

I had an FF01 back in the day I used to race at tighter designed parking lot races in so cal against the 4wd cars - had a blast with it, Mine origionally came with the Ford Mondeo body and I eventually got the Peugot 306 rally car body which worked really well ....kinda wish i hadnt sold the thing
Old 06-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Sold cars

I sold a couple cars that I regretted.
Sold RC-10 Truck with Tamiya wheels and a homemade extended front end to accomadate a 4 door (crew cab) extended truck body.

Parted out a Yokomo 834B 4wd buggy

I have a YR-F2 SE that I bought off of E-bay and built. It fly's
I like the standard version because it looks like the batteries would be easier to lock down. I make my own packs and they are difficult to lock down.

I have never seen a YR-F2 in a race and have not raced mine yet. I wonder if it would be compettitive with todays cars?
Old 06-29-2009, 02:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Parts for YR-F2 Se

Anybody know where I can get OEM rims and tires for the SE?
Or suggestions of aftermarket wheels/tires ?
Old 07-01-2009, 02:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Big Edz
I sold a couple cars that I regretted.
Sold RC-10 Truck with Tamiya wheels and a homemade extended front end to accomadate a 4 door (crew cab) extended truck body.

Parted out a Yokomo 834B 4wd buggy

I have a YR-F2 SE that I bought off of E-bay and built. It fly's
I like the standard version because it looks like the batteries would be easier to lock down. I make my own packs and they are difficult to lock down.

I have never seen a YR-F2 in a race and have not raced mine yet. I wonder if it would be compettitive with todays cars?
I think MINE would... that thing handles like it's on rails...I LOVE it...

for wheels and tires I never used the OEM ones.... (still have them though)... I've used foams in the past... 30mm nitro rears in front and 26-28mm in the rear... or I used HPI rims 3mm offset in the front and 0mm in the rear (depending on the body)... and regular 26mm rubber tires

here's mine with the "never run" OEM wheels and tires

and with the yokomo aero dish wheels and sorex tires

Last edited by akura2; 07-01-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks Akura

Originally Posted by akura2
I think MINE would... that thing handles like it's on rails...I LOVE it...

for wheels and tires I never used the OEM ones.... (still have them though)... I've used foams in the past... 30mm nitro rears in front and 26-28mm in the rear... or I used HPI rims 3mm offset in the front and 0mm in the rear (depending on the body)... and regular 26mm rubber tires
Thanks Akura,
I'll check out the local shop and see what they have!
Are they equally good for oval and road course?
Old 07-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Big Edz
Thanks Akura,
I'll check out the local shop and see what they have!
Are they equally good for oval and road course?
That I couldn't tell you... I've never raced on oval.... but on road course they handle well...

I'm going to try and see if I can run in RCGT class with my Calsonic Primera body or my 5Zigen Civic body

either way... you have to run the offsets or the wider tires in front because the front width is narrower than the rear because the OEM wheels are wider in the front...

Last edited by akura2; 07-02-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by akura2
That I couldn't tell you... I've never raced on oval.... but on road course they handle well...

I'm going to try and see if I can run in RCGT class with my Calsonic Primera body or my 5Zigen Civic body

either way... you have to run the offsets or the wider tires in front because the front width is narrower than the rear because the OEM wheels are wider in the front...
Good luck in the RCGT class and thanks again for the advice.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by razzor
i wish they still made them !!!
I am yet to buy even my first real RC. I have owned kids toy ones before. You know the slow things with handling that wont be remember and no suspension etc. But i have noticed one thing. people wanting FWD cars do have a simple back door. Buy a 4WD and remove rear drive shafts. From what i can see the 4wd's seem to have slightly better suspension set-ups so that could also be an advantage. I can only think that an FWD will have all weight on front wheels and 4WD will be roughly centred so that may be a slight problem.

Sorry if these points seem a bit noobish but then i am one.
While im here does anyone know of any low budget cars that will survive a trip around the farm yard. theres quite a few stones out there so it will need a high ground clearance. can you get about 2-5cm? i have a feeling you cant and i will need to get a truck instead.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

I just bought another FF01 last week. Car was ok condition with lots of cracked. So i decided to draw one up to get made out of alum
Attached Thumbnails FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF-rearshock-final.jpg  
Old 08-31-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

got the part made. pretty strong 5mm thick.
Attached Thumbnails FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF-ff01rear1.jpg  
Old 08-31-2009, 01:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Every time this thread pops up I kick myself for not buying one of the Yokomo front wheels drive cars. I had the opportunity to buy one nib about two years ago, but passed it up. Oh well..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.