Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anyone know of a carbon battery tray? I am converting my Pro10 to a WGT car, and dont want to buy the new chassis. But, I was thinking, if their was a flat carbon battery tray the same thickness as the chassis, then my battery could tape to it, and it would give me a flat chassis for my electronics to sit on. (I have no intention of removing it. )

Shawn.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
Anyone know of a carbon battery tray? I am converting my Pro10 to a WGT car, and dont want to buy the new chassis. But, I was thinking, if their was a flat carbon battery tray the same thickness as the chassis, then my battery could tape to it, and it would give me a flat chassis for my electronics to sit on. (I have no intention of removing it. )

Shawn.
Shawn,

I have never seen a flat carbon battery tray for the Pro chassis.

I would go with the LE conversion because its chassis plate is narrower than the Pro and does not drag through corners...a significant improvement over the Pro chassis.

Ampdraw.com does have the LE Conversion Kit for only $64.89.

Bill
Old 04-17-2011, 06:13 AM
Tech Addict

I believe LOSI made a Graphite Battery Tray for their TC that also fits the GenX10. It has battery slots for Nimh.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:19 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ElliotCanada
I believe LOSI made a Graphite Battery Tray for their TC that also fits the GenX10. It has battery slots for Nimh.
There were two plastic composite trays with the Pro kit and an optional heavy weight stainless steel tray.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:09 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

do you know the part number of the posts you using?

Originally Posted by westy1969
Im using these post form xray.

Old 04-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by littlealex
do you know the part number of the posts you using?
Here ya go http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...a8ed5e754ef3da
Old 04-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the 1759 - Pre-formed foam bumper for Gen-X 10 & Battle Axe will fit onto the LE bumper? The bumper on my LE is shaped differently (No Transponder Mount Hole) and I think the actual body mount post holes may be in a slightly different location? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Justin
Old 04-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jdob
Does anyone know if the 1759 - Pre-formed foam bumper for Gen-X 10 & Battle Axe will fit onto the LE bumper? The bumper on my LE is shaped differently (No Transponder Mount Hole) and I think the actual body mount post holes may be in a slightly different location? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Justin
Logic tells me that everyone would be guessing because you have not said where the bumper came from. If it is a CRC bumper, I suggest you contact John at CRC. His e-mail address is [email protected]

If not, you might indicate the dimension of how far apart the post holes are from each other and how far back they are from the imaginary line between the two side screws that hold the bumper to the chassis. Hope that is clear...LOL

Bill
Old 04-17-2011, 08:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Logic tells me that everyone would be guessing because you have not said where the bumper came from. If it is a CRC bumper, I suggest you contact John at CRC. His e-mail address is [email protected]

If not, you might indicate the dimension of how far apart the post holes are from each other and how far back they are from the imaginary line between the two side screws that hold the bumper to the chassis. Hope that is clear...LOL

Bill
Hey Bill - This is the stock CRC bumper that came in my LE kit. Looks like this...Maybe somebody from CRC will chime in when they get a chance. Thanks!

Justin
Attached Thumbnails CRC 1/10 Pan Car-002.jpg  
Old 04-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Tech Champion

If those body post holes are 3" apart (c-to-c) and .95" (c-to-c) in front of the two side holes that mount it to the chassis plate; then, they line up with the standard front bumper.

You just have the one extra hole in the location where the transponder normally goes and the four cutouts are configured differently.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i went to a rubber/foam shop brought a couple pieces of closed cell of cuts for $2 (yep im cheap)
made my own bumper,maybe a little heavier and not as pretty but you can shape them to fit the front of the body better (more protection).
punch 2 holes so it slides over the body posts and use body clips to hold it down
Attached Thumbnails CRC 1/10 Pan Car-img_0422.jpg  
Old 04-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Still Bill
If those body post holes are 3" apart (c-to-c) and .95" (c-to-c) in front of the two side holes that mount it to the chassis plate; then, they line up with the standard front bumper.

You just have the one extra hole in the location where the transponder normally goes and the four cutouts are configured differently.
Those measurements are alike! Thanks!

Originally Posted by ozzy-crawl
i went to a rubber/foam shop brought a couple pieces of closed cell of cuts for $2 (yep im cheap)
made my own bumper,maybe a little heavier and not as pretty but you can shape them to fit the front of the body better (more protection).
punch 2 holes so it slides over the body posts and use body clips to hold it down
I hadn't thought of doing that - another great money saving idea! Thanks!
Old 04-19-2011, 10:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

think i have found a place for a bit of racing
brings me to the question of transponder mounting on the LE
the other crc cars have a spot for it but the LE does not
will it still work mounted over carbon fibre ???
Old 04-20-2011, 01:18 AM
Tech Regular

Default transponder

works just about any where, i have mine monunted on top of the servo ,so im always giving people a 150mm start. Works fine.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi All,

I've recently got a 1/10 pan car with some electronics moved from my touring. Hopefully can outrun some nitro heads on a asphalt club track with long straights

Need some advises on the followings, please help me out .

1. What is the appropriate roll out for 4.5T on SP ESC with 2S
2. What is the right diameter on both front and rear tires
- I got a set of Xceed pan car tires and trimmed down from 64 to 59mm. Rim seems abit large that only got 5mm foams remain. The rear ride height is now 7.5mm with the most upper adjuster installed, should I down size the tires ? Still runnable with foams less than 5mm on asphalts ?

Thx in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.