Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 05-08-2010, 05:04 AM
  #12211  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,021
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Scooby Horton1
When is the cooper class going to go brushless?
do you really need to be asking this?!?!?!?

go ask in the TCS thread - 'cuz until Tamiya allows brushless in their Mini class, most if not ALL of North America will be running silver Johnson motors

so you need to convince Tamiya USA to change their rules...

stop trying to wreck a good fun class
k_bojar is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 05:19 AM
  #12212  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by k_bojar

go ask in the TCS thread - 'cuz until Tamiya allows brushless in their Mini class, most if not ALL of North America will be running silver Johnson motors

stop trying to wreck a good fun class
silvercans are no fun with a 70m straight on a track designed for 1:5th scale cars

but i agree with your comments otherwise
sidecarphil1 is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 05:28 AM
  #12213  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,021
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
silvercans are no fun with a 70m straight on a track designed for 1:5th scale cars
they weren't super quick going down the back straight at the one track near me - but there were a blast to race

nothing like seeing (and lining up) your pass 2 laps ahead of time

if people understood that closer, more even (and dare i say slower) speeds make for better racing, then people would get why some classes are more fun then others...

I should add to my post earlier - i'm not opposed to running BL in my M03/M05, but won't because 95% of the USA run silver can motors and 100% of my area run according to TCS rules...so like i said, until Tamiya changes (and i'd be all for a hobbywing/tamiya sensorless kind of system) very few tracks in the USA will
k_bojar is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 06:07 AM
  #12214  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Timbulb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,063
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Scooby Horton1
When is the cooper class going to go brushless?
Hopefully never. There's plenty of other classes for that.
Timbulb is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 06:24 AM
  #12215  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
KAHUNA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: ~ Stuck in ~ Maryland ~ For Now
Posts: 2,438
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool Scooby Who ?

Originally Posted by Scooby Horton1
When is the cooper class going to go brushless?
Only we can go brushless You have to stay with a silver can ! :- ) - lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note where can we get different body's for the M05 - L other then the 06 model , . Do they have any on the market ! That will fit !

Thanks !

.
KAHUNA is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 07:03 AM
  #12216  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,279
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PaPeRo
It says lightweight battery holder but is it actually lighter than the stock plastic ones?
i'm think not !
or use Lipo battery to balance !
RC MARKET is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 07:20 AM
  #12217  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by k_bojar
they weren't super quick going down the back straight at the one track near me - but there were a blast to race

nothing like seeing (and lining up) your pass 2 laps ahead of time

if people understood that closer, more even (and dare i say slower) speeds make for better racing, then people would get why some classes are more fun then others...

I should add to my post earlier - i'm not opposed to running BL in my M03/M05, but won't because 95% of the USA run silver can motors and 100% of my area run according to TCS rules...so like i said, until Tamiya changes (and i'd be all for a hobbywing/tamiya sensorless kind of system) very few tracks in the USA will
I love mini racing because it is slow and close .

i race TC because it is quicker , and if you want a quicker race join TC ,

minis are minis and they are ment to be slow and close racing
sidecarphil1 is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 12:34 PM
  #12218  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
BadSign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Franklin, IN
Posts: 1,267
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Das anyone tried the HPI 240z body on an M05?
BadSign is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 12:44 PM
  #12219  
Suspended
iTrader: (87)
 
RaceAce701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Carbondale, Pa
Posts: 3,044
Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Scooby Horton1
When is the cooper class going to go brushless?
never silver cans for life lol
RaceAce701 is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 01:33 PM
  #12220  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
tony gray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia. Home of rc-mini.net
Posts: 3,549
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Australia hasn't had TCS for years and years. And THAT is why we went to the Hobbywing 13T brushless system.

And I doubt you'd find a single person who doesn't think it's the best decision we ever made! Silver Cans and/or Sport Tuneds - up to 2000 rpm variance between what are supposedly the same motors.

Hobbywing, about 150 rpm variance.'

I can understand people staying with Silver Cans if TCS rules predominate, but if they don't then I couldn't change quickly enough!
tony gray is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 05:36 PM
  #12221  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
RossoTorro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Euro-Thrash
Posts: 400
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tony gray
Australia hasn't had TCS for years and years. And THAT is why we went to the Hobbywing 13T brushless system.

And I doubt you'd find a single person who doesn't think it's the best decision we ever made! Silver Cans and/or Sport Tuneds - up to 2000 rpm variance between what are supposedly the same motors.

Hobbywing, about 150 rpm variance.'

I can understand people staying with Silver Cans if TCS rules predominate, but if they don't then I couldn't change quickly enough!
Agree, we run 13T at our track in Norway. Best choice we made, even closer racing and not 1 single system has broken down yet! They are so reliable, don't matter if your system is 1.5 year old or brand new, they run equal!
With Sport Tuned and silver cans there was a huge difference between each motor. We even run them on foams, all run same tires/hardness, so it's down to driving and not finding a secret formula...
RossoTorro is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 10:01 PM
  #12222  
Tech Master
 
Scooby Horton1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,372
Default

Originally Posted by k_bojar
do you really need to be asking this?!?!?!?

go ask in the TCS thread - 'cuz until Tamiya allows brushless in their Mini class, most if not ALL of North America will be running silver Johnson motors

so you need to convince Tamiya USA to change their rules...

stop trying to wreck a good fun class
I was just asking a question! Calm down don't have your period on me! wow you guys could make it more even that way. Every race has to have an rpm limit. I think that is bullshit! So you have to have 5 different cheater motors oops I mean tuned motors to run this class in different places witch will run you $45 a piece! So I can see where brush less would be more expensive! Lol!!!!
Scooby Horton1 is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 10:03 PM
  #12223  
Tech Master
 
Scooby Horton1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,372
Default

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
I love mini racing because it is slow and close .

i race TC because it is quicker , and if you want a quicker race join TC ,

minis are minis and they are ment to be slow and close racing
This sound like a sexual thing!
Scooby Horton1 is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 10:04 PM
  #12224  
Tech Master
 
Scooby Horton1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,372
Default

Originally Posted by KAHUNA
Only we can go brushless You have to stay with a silver can ! :- ) - lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note where can we get different body's for the M05 - L other then the 06 model , . Do they have any on the market ! That will fit !

Thanks !

.
Lol!
Scooby Horton1 is offline  
Old 05-08-2010, 10:09 PM
  #12225  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,021
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Scooby Horton1
Calm down don't have your period on me!
no period here....just have seen you ask this question way too many times - convince tamiya usa to go brushless in mini, then you're set...

i'd gladly put a bl in mine - but the class is silver car, sorry Scooby
k_bojar is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.