Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jcr
I'm finding the same issue with RC Mart lately.... using Hong Kong Post RC Mart was ok.... using Swiss Post, I'm still waiting....
Same here. I can't seem to understand that the Xmas rush is still in effect at the HK post office I ordered from other HK dealers and their stuff reached me faster than RCmart... I really hope they are not making some excuse to buy time. In terms of promptness, RCmarket ftw. If only their website was a little faster than 56K speeds.

Preparing to revive my M05 from the ashes...
Old 01-26-2010, 06:54 PM
jcr
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by inpuressa
Same here. I can't seem to understand that the Xmas rush is still in effect at the HK post office I ordered from other HK dealers and their stuff reached me faster than RCmart... I really hope they are not making some excuse to buy time. In terms of promptness, RCmarket ftw. If only their website was a little faster than 56K speeds.

Preparing to revive my M05 from the ashes...
finally got my stuff today from RCMart..... yeah took a bit longer than expected
Old 01-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

sounds like Swiss Post is the issue as that who they have been using from there ebay store.
Dennis from RCMart has been very good and now looking after me and sending my old order with a new order just placed..Xevo kit etc by EMS so should all be here nice and quick...this time...
Old 01-27-2010, 05:50 AM
Tech Adept

RCMart shipped my ebay order out and arrived last week having taken 2 weeks which is about 4 days longer than I expected. However, the order I put in through the online store the day after the ebay order is still not showing as being in the UK yet (no, I didn't do EMS because I am a tightwad) so I am starting to get a bit jittery about it.

I still don't understand why their ebay store only carries limited items compared to the online shop.

PS. Did anybody ever reply to the thread asking where we could buy the Team Atlas MR2 shell. Would it be safe to assume it was an old one that the poster had dusted off and fitted to his chassis?
Old 01-27-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 3Racing WARNING

i bought the speed gear set for my M-05 and it broke within 1 battery and then they were distroyed

i mailed them and was told "We are sorry that we are not to provide the replacement as the packing of the parts are opened.
If you have any question, please feel free to contact us"

how am i supposed to use this if i dont open it then how do i use it ???

really really disgusting service !!!!

WARNING DONT BUY 3RACING PARTS!!!!!

i am selling my 3Racing F1-09 because of this , there customer service is CRAP !!!!!!
Old 01-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Tech Rookie

i mailed them and was told "We are sorry that we are not to provide the replacement as the packing of the parts are opened.
If you have any question, please feel free to contact us"
I believe that’s a tactful way of saying:

We could send you a set of new gears, but they'll probably strip after a battery too; because that’s what we’ve designed them to do as an ironic joke on cheaters.

Really they're saving you the hassle of stripping down your car – again - to remove the second set.

(The above is not the view of 3racing. Please don’t sue me, the rest of your stuffs great!)
Old 01-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by V1nce
I believe that’s a tactful way of saying:

We could send you a set of new gears, but they'll probably strip after a battery too; because that’s what we’ve designed them to do as an ironic joke on cheaters.

Really they're saving you the hassle of stripping down your car – again - to remove the second set.

(The above is not the view of 3racing. Please don’t sue me, the rest of your stuffs great!)
thats the sad thing , the F1-09 is great , but i am selling it now on principal of the matter !!!

they have REALLY REALLY pissed me off !!!! and to think i was thinking about buying there new ehem "pink" touring car !!!! they can whistle now !!!!!
Old 01-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

The same goes for their balldiff's.
I tried both for M03 and M05, rebuilt it and lubed them up before install.
On both the thrustbearing worn away withing 1 batterypack.
I reinstalled them with Tamiya thrustbearing but then diffballs melted the diffwheel. Buy Tamiya orginal parts, better in the long run!

No way if anything other than orginal Tamiya parts goes on my car!

i tried sending 3racing email and got same answer as above, no warranty since parts where used!
Why buy parts when you can't use them, when using them voids warranty?????

Makes sense?
Old 01-27-2010, 01:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mini35
RCMart shipped my ebay order out and arrived last week having taken 2 weeks which is about 4 days longer than I expected. However, the order I put in through the online store the day after the ebay order is still not showing as being in the UK yet (no, I didn't do EMS because I am a tightwad) so I am starting to get a bit jittery about it.

I still don't understand why their ebay store only carries limited items compared to the online shop.

PS. Did anybody ever reply to the thread asking where we could buy the Team Atlas MR2 shell. Would it be safe to assume it was an old one that the poster had dusted off and fitted to his chassis?
Definitely spend the money on EMS it's well worth the piece of mind. I live in Miami. I order with RCmart on Thursday I have it on Monday. Every time.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default up rights

Does any one know where to get 0-degree rear up rights for the Mo 5?
The ones that come with kit are 1.5-degree. We race carpet oval during the winter months in North Carolina.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RossoTorro
The same goes for their balldiff's.
I tried both for M03 and M05, rebuilt it and lubed them up before install.
On both the thrustbearing worn away withing 1 batterypack.
I reinstalled them with Tamiya thrustbearing but then diffballs melted the diffwheel. Buy Tamiya orginal parts, better in the long run!

No way if anything other than orginal Tamiya parts goes on my car!

i tried sending 3racing email and got same answer as above, no warranty since parts where used!
Why buy parts when you can't use them, when using them voids warranty?????

Makes sense?
I don't buy anything structural from 3racing too. That ball diff was horrid. The alum C-hubs bent after one crash. Steering rack bent after one crash. The only thing I have from them is the motor heatsink now. Even that is more prone to bending than other brands. Maybe they are using recycled alum cans? fyi, I never bent a Tamiya part yet.

Don't want to bash companies, but if a part sucks, it SUCKS. They need complainers or how else are they going to improve? In these tough economic conditions, it's about quality if you want to stay in business.

"If you buy our product, you automatically void all warranty"
Old 01-27-2010, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nc state
Does any one know where to get 0-degree rear up rights for the Mo 5?
The ones that come with kit are 1.5-degree. We race carpet oval during the winter months in North Carolina.
I think the original M03 rear hubs were like 0 or 1 deg. Be advised though, this car with 0 deg rear toe is hard to drive even in a straight line.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I hate being this guy, but if anyone is interested I have an M04 for sale in the swap and sell section.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ml#post6917940
Old 01-27-2010, 05:51 PM
jcr
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by redbones
I think the original M03 rear hubs were like 0 or 1 deg. Be advised though, this car with 0 deg rear toe is hard to drive even in a straight line.
oh yeah with the original M03 0 degree rear hubs, you'll need different bearings
Old 01-27-2010, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Jamie Hanson, your car has been sold.

NC State, send me your address at [email protected] and I'll mail you two pairs of zero degree rear hubs for free. They take 5X11mm bearings, but otherwise will fit any M series car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.