Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony gray
It doesn't make ANY difference whether its an M03 or an M03M Aaron.... They'll fit on either.

The only thing which will be a problem is the steering knuckles as the M03M has a different front end and the old style alloy ones won't fit. But you don't need em anyway on the M.
Yea only had them because I kept breaking the plastic ones. Would break them in a way I couldn't fix them. This all happened until I got my steering set right. Thanks for the info I appreciate it alot.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 02-17-2008, 01:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Thumbs up SPICE MINI TYRES

Hello all,

Have been running the Spice 32R mini tyres on the rear of my MO3R and believe them to be as good as when running Pits on the rear. They are packed with the Hard Tamiya foam insert. These tyres hang on well on high and low traction tracks and are internally belted. These are smaller in diameter than 60D's but larger than Rides/Pits.

I haven't tried them on the front, as yet, still run 60D's for the higher roll out.

Just thought I would share this info with fellow mini drivers. Especially now that you can't get RP,HPI and Pit mini tyres.

Later

Calvin.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

calvin is that on carpet?
Old 02-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by caltek1
Hello all,

Have been running the Spice 32R mini tyres on the rear of my MO3R and believe them to be as good as when running Pits on the rear. They are packed with the Hard Tamiya foam insert. These tyres hang on well on high and low traction tracks and are internally belted. These are smaller in diameter than 60D's but larger than Rides/Pits.

I haven't tried them on the front, as yet, still run 60D's for the higher roll out.

Just thought I would share this info with fellow mini drivers. Especially now that you can't get RP,HPI and Pit mini tyres.

Later

Calvin.
Spice 32R have stock !
Spice 36R , RP 30 ,36 &40 March arrive !
Old 02-17-2008, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Talking SPICE 32R

Vicko,

I have not tried them on carpet.

I have only driven on carpet twice and use the tamiya M grips front and the standard mini tyres rear for carpet. The inserts I used were the standard hard Tamiya foam. I also found the HPI 4533 Mini Super radial M compound tyres for carpet work well, especially on the front.

Hope that helps.

later

Calvin.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wicked-Wayz
I got a question for any of you mini guys. I probably know most of the answers now but I am having brain farts. I want to know what hop-ups from the mo3 will work on the mo3m. My mini has alu steering knuckles, sway bars, tao3 ball diff, cva short shocks, carbon shaft set. What out of all of that can I still use, I know the shocks & diff for sure the rest I dunno. Please let me know asap.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Dont listen to any of the other blokes advice. NONE of the hop ups will fit so if you want to send them to me (free of course) I will take them off your hands.

Honest Sam
Old 02-18-2008, 01:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I tried the spice 32 tyres on the weekend, and they had more grip than anything I have run. The car was traction rolling when I had them on all 4 corners of the car.

I tried with spice on the back and 60D up front, and the back was so planted that I couldn't get the car to turn in... I should have persevered and tried more toe out but seemed more hassle that it was worth, so went back to 60D all round.

I'm sure you could make the 60D/Spice Front/rear combination hook up well on the majority of tracks.

Scott.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Ash
Dont listen to any of the other blokes advice. NONE of the hop ups will fit so if you want to send them to me (free of course) I will take them off your hands.

Honest Sam
I wasn't born yesterday.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 02-18-2008, 07:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

SPICE
New Mini Drift Tire
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-sp-spa-155.jpg  
Old 02-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

SPICE
New Mini Drift Tire
And the award for "completely unneccessary product of the week, designed to part a fool and their money" goes to....
Old 02-18-2008, 07:51 PM
KDR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Attention Mini Cooper Freakazoids. Ventura Roadrunners RC had a good turn out last race day in our Mini class. We want to do even better this coming Sunday. With that said..... We have decided to let any Mini Cooper have a completly free race day... Thats right....FREE RACE DAY FOR MINI's THIS SUNDAY

Not only can you race for free...but get a chance to win a VCRR RC club pin. We give out pins in all classes for TQ, first, second and third. Come out and enjoy sun, ocean breeze and a really good group of RC racers.

Feel free to PM me with any questions

-Stevehttp://roadrunnersrc.com/default.aspx
Old 02-18-2008, 09:01 PM
Tech Adept

Just a quick question.

I'm just about to put a black can in my Mini...have noticed that it already has capacitors on the "+" & "-" poles, does it require (already have & can't see) another capacitor between the two poles.

I'm running a Novak GTX ESC and don't want to damage as stated in the manual if capacitor aren't used.

Cheers
Old 02-19-2008, 09:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NOZ69
Just a quick question.

I'm just about to put a black can in my Mini...have noticed that it already has capacitors on the "+" & "-" poles, does it require (already have & can't see) another capacitor between the two poles.

I'm running a Novak GTX ESC and don't want to damage as stated in the manual if capacitor aren't used.

Cheers
I have never run capacitors with my GTX/Blackcan combo nor with any motor and I have never had a problem. My GTX has a pretty big capacitor that dangles off the ESC so that I would assume would be the motor capacitor. It does come on all the GTX models so check yours out.

Good Luck
Old 02-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NOZ69
Just a quick question.

Cheers
Black can = mabuchi sport tuned ?

If that so, no need to add anymore capacitors. The capacitors are already built-in.

BTW, your GTX ESC has 3 Amp BEC power, so you won't glitch due to motor problem.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wicked-Wayz
I wasn't born yesterday.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Damn
Do you know anyone who was? I will split the spoils with you.

Honest John

P.S.
Do you want to buy a used car? Only used by grandma on sundays.

Last edited by Team Ash; 02-20-2008 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.