Search
Like Tree6Likes

Tamiya Ta06

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SNIPR
Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!

Really trying to figure out if this car is worth it being that TC5R/JRXS-R are going for $150 on here. I think the only other car that has battery in middle would be the Team Magic car... Hmmm
Team magic= Greatest chassis I have ever driven. Only one issue. Parts are IMPOSSIBLE to find.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jerzi
Tigermoth v10 http://tigermothracing.com/products_10.html
has also the battery in the middle of the car.
This car (I mean ta06) is superb to drive and it is very easy to handle.
Jerzi
holy gorgeous.

How much?
Old 10-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Only through Wolf correct? Banzai, etc. does not provide part support?

Originally Posted by silverhkswrx
Team magic= Greatest chassis I have ever driven. Only one issue. Parts are IMPOSSIBLE to find.
This car has been around since early '09. From what I heard from the official forum parts are still available through them but the car itself has since been discontinued

Originally Posted by silverhkswrx
holy gorgeous.

How much?
Old 10-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What do you mean by mistranslating the bearings? Is there a DIY some where?
I am looking to get a sonic clear soon..
Old 10-21-2011, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Hi all.

Been watching this thread for some time now and have a couple of questions.
At the local club where I race they have the 540 "silver can" motor class which I have been racing in with a basic TA05.

In the future they will be introducing a "blinky" 21.5 class where it will be zero timing on the esc but timing alowed on the motors.
As the TA05 has been a good car for me in the silver can class I was thinking of stepping up and trying out a TA06 for blinky 21.5.

A couple of features on the TA06 appeal to me such as the option to run upright shocks on the front and the battery laying up along the center of the car.
One thing that concerns me a little is the gear driven rear wheels, will this create more drag and rob the car of some acceleration and top end speed using the zero timed esc and open timing 21.5 motor?
Also I have been advised that I should not run the included gear diffs and get the optional ball diffs. Would it be better to use ball/gear diffs front & rear or a combination of both?

The track I mainly race on is a small track on a medium traction concrete surface.
The next cars I am looking at to be my "blinky" car is either the TA06R or an TA05R, I am going with tamiya as they can stand up to a lot of abuse (as mine have) and parts are reasonably priced and easily available.

So any thoughts, advice and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

This will make for some good reading for you: Ball Diff / Gear Diff / Spool

Originally Posted by ta04evah
Hi all.

Been watching this thread for some time now and have a couple of questions.
At the local club where I race they have the 540 "silver can" motor class which I have been racing in with a basic TA05.

In the future they will be introducing a "blinky" 21.5 class where it will be zero timing on the esc but timing alowed on the motors.
As the TA05 has been a good car for me in the silver can class I was thinking of stepping up and trying out a TA06 for blinky 21.5.

A couple of features on the TA06 appeal to me such as the option to run upright shocks on the front and the battery laying up along the center of the car.
One thing that concerns me a little is the gear driven rear wheels, will this create more drag and rob the car of some acceleration and top end speed using the zero timed esc and open timing 21.5 motor?
Also I have been advised that I should not run the included gear diffs and get the optional ball diffs. Would it be better to use ball/gear diffs front & rear or a combination of both?

The track I mainly race on is a small track on a medium traction concrete surface.
The next cars I am looking at to be my "blinky" car is either the TA06R or an TA05R, I am going with tamiya as they can stand up to a lot of abuse (as mine have) and parts are reasonably priced and easily available.

So any thoughts, advice and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Ok I found the pinion ! Sweet one less to buy for now.
I bought this car with the idea of being competitive someday... I am sad to learn this car is a pig... maybe we just need more timr with it.

As a newb I keep seeing "blinky" mode mentioned. What is that is being referenced by that?

Btw, I got an axio body and a graiya body for rcgt. Just need to finish building.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

It was never designed to compete w/ the likes of HB TCX/TC6/Xray etc. That is what their TRF416/TRF417 are for

I am sure it will make for a great starting point for you or to be raced in VTA/USGT etc.

Originally Posted by Profoxcg
I bought this car with the idea of being competitive someday... I am sad to learn this car is a pig... maybe we just need more timr with it.
What I really like about this car is the centralization of everything. Only two other cars offer this and one is discontinued the other (TM ER4S) is hard to come by for parts due to overseas. With that said the same company is ditching it's 3 belt design/centrailized in favor of 2 belt standard design such as Xray/TRF417
Old 10-21-2011, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

As a newb I keep seeing "blinky" mode mentioned. What is that is being referenced by that?
The term "blinky" refers to the timing mode that an esc in, when the esc is set to zero timing the light on the esc will blink with a constant rate.
Zero timing in the esc means there is no "turbo boost" enabled in the esc.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ta04evah
The term "blinky" refers to the timing mode that an esc in, when the esc is set to zero timing the light on the esc will blink with a constant rate.
Zero timing in the esc means there is no "turbo boost" enabled in the esc.

Cheers
Rob.
so when running in blinky mode, you are running some sort of boost or timing? or the other way around?
Old 10-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

No boost / No timing

so when running in blinky mode, you are running some sort of boost or timing? or the other way around?
Old 10-22-2011, 01:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have taken what I learnt with the 05IFS-R and put it on my 06Pro and this car is far more competitive, leaving really, nothing to be desired, only thing that is bothering me, is getting the right gearing for a Turbo'd 13.5.....
Old 10-22-2011, 01:39 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
I have taken what I learnt with the 05IFS-R and put it on my 06Pro and this car is far more competitive, leaving really, nothing to be desired, only thing that is bothering me, is getting the right gearing for a Turbo'd 13.5.....
64dp ??
Jerzi
Old 10-22-2011, 04:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Did anyone previous had a TB03? How did it compare with the TA06 in stock class (black cans or blinky 17.5)
Old 10-22-2011, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Just as a perspective... Results from the Tamiya Asia Cup finals held in singapore early this october
1st ta06 gear diff front and rear
2nd ta05v2
3rd ta06
4-5th tb03

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.