Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

Tamiya Ta06

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Smile Tamiya TA06 Pro Bearings

We have just released our TA06 Pro Ceramic Bearing Kit. Only $89.99 with FREE shipping worldwide!
Old 10-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
Is there an advantage to swapping servo sides or u guys are just doing this to do it?
the benefit is the weight savings and "safety".

The wires are long when installed conventionally, this legnth can impact brushless voltage and possibly getting caught on the belt. the solution is to place it closer to the motor. However, if this is done, it is usually placed behind the servo, but this causes too much weight on one side. therefore placing the servo on the opposite side can balance the weight and less is hanging out.

However placing the esc on the center is an idea I havent thought of... My Tekin RS is light as can be. Do you have a picture of your placement?
Old 10-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by acerracing
We have just released our TA06 Pro Ceramic Bearing Kit. Only $89.99 with FREE shipping worldwide!
And I just ordered abec 7 ceramic bearings-which required me getting 10 more bearings than needed... Great. And I spent nearly $100 (not shipped) doing so.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silverhkswrx
And I just ordered abec 7 ceramic bearings-which required me getting 10 more bearings than needed... Great. And I spent nearly $100 (not shipped) doing so.
Well my setup is just the regular setup except i put the receiver on the rite side and the servo in it s regular spot and the esc beside the servo for shorter motor wires....................as for the acer bearing kit are u saying its a rip off
Old 10-02-2011, 05:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by theatriks
Well my setup is just the regular setup except i put the receiver on the rite side and the servo in it s regular spot and the esc beside the servo for shorter motor wires....................as for the acer bearing kit are u saying its a rip off
the exact opposite, its expensive if you buy them separately, but as a kit, its much cheaper. I wish I would have waited and gotten it.

Acer bearings are the best.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

the exact opposite, its expensive if you buy them separately, but as a kit, its much cheaper. I wish I would have waited and gotten it.

Acer bearings are the best.
ok cool because i just ordered that set lol
Old 10-02-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by acerracing
Hey i was just wondering how long does your free shipping take to get to canada?
Old 10-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Heat sink motor plate and Carbon reinforced lower deck in stock!
Old 10-05-2011, 06:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default FF03 Spec R diff in TA06

Hi There

Just wanted to see if anyone out there tired to put a spec R FF03 Diff in the TA06, as I find that the out drive of the rear diff is wearing very fast, and if we are able to use a horse shoe system will be much better.

Cheers

Last edited by Warbird; 10-05-2011 at 06:31 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-05-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Warbird
Hi There

Just wanted to see if anyone out there tired to put a spec R FF03 Diff in the TA06, as I find that the out drive of the rear diff is wearing very fast, and if we are able to use a horse shoe system will be much better.

Cheers
I swapped to a ball diff. I prefer consistency

I tried the gear diff and....not so much. Its either great or horrible. Plus you have to dismantle the whole thing to change its effictiveness(there is a wider range with gear diffs) but a ball diff has only failed me once, and it was too loose. (melted pulley)
Old 10-05-2011, 07:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

I swapped to a ball diff. I prefer consistency

I tried the gear diff and....not so much. Its either great or horrible. Plus you have to dismantle the whole thing to change its effictiveness(there is a wider range with gear diffs) but a ball diff has only failed me once, and it was too loose. (melted pulley)
Thank you so much for the advise, will give that a try, cheers!
Old 10-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

is anyone else running a center one way? a few days ago I moved my esc to the center of my chassis and put on the kawada belts, and a few other parts I received and am too lazy to put on (and I JUST got my tamiya carbon reinforced deck today ) I noticed there was a clicking sound. After ruling out the 3 racing alum rear gearset, and the hollow alum gear holder, the Tamiya front spool, and picking up the slack that the Kawada belts created, I found it is the one way!

The bearings on the oneway line up RIGHT with the hole on the center shaft. It sounds like the bearings are bouncing in/out the holes for the crosspin(stock pulley)! anyone else have this issue?
Old 10-06-2011, 02:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

very interesting thread. I am on the market for a new car. I want to race again this time electric. But in between racing, I want to do a little casual driving, maybe drifting (just to relax after work).

I was looking at different cars by tamiya:

TA05
TB03
FF03

however I was recently made aware of the TA06. I wonder if this new chassis will fit my needs.

My understanding is that this T06 is the evolution of the TA05 is this correct? Which for someone like me who is getting back to rc, make sense to buy over a T05 (older platform).

Thanks
Old 10-06-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Spec R FF03 Diff in TA06

Hi there, I went ahead that tested that the Spec R FF03 diff in TA06 rear. It did fit well, just needed to add 0.3mm shim on each side of the diff.

The reason that I am using this diff, is that it allows me to use horseshoe, as the stock diff out drive wear down to quickly.

Cheers
Old 10-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Warbird
Hi there, I went ahead that tested that the Spec R FF03 diff in TA06 rear. It did fit well, just needed to add 0.3mm shim on each side of the diff.

The reason that I am using this diff, is that it allows me to use horseshoe, as the stock diff out drive wear down to quickly.

Cheers
or you can buy two sets of the gear diff II outdrives, and use the short sides to get the horseshoe. Kinda expensive, but you save weight too.

Found this Japanese site:
http://ani.blog1.fc2.com/blog-entry-856.html#more

you save about 8g of rotating mass when you switch to those outdrives and considerably lighter than a ball diff.

Last edited by inpuressa; 10-06-2011 at 11:33 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.