Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

RCLAB 7even Cars.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 11:47 AM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So you are saying, Go with a 24 tooth pinion, correct?

Cmotif <><
Old 08-19-2002, 04:13 PM
Tech Adept

yes Cmotif, that should stop your burning hot motor then you can go from there to get your speed. see i run 64 pitch and to me a 33 would be good but, that all depends on your driving taste. so whatever you like as long as your motor is not burning and you have good speed you should be fine. just mess around with some combos, also what spur are you rrunning? is it the stock spur? if so when i changed my pinion not spur it made my motor really hot. all i ccan say is try some different combos.

Hope that helps,

NAte
Old 08-19-2002, 06:33 PM
Joe
Tech Regular

Cmotif: My track is about that big and I run 96/30-32.
Old 08-20-2002, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Talking

Hello fellas,

yes...has been away for a while...it's been dead in here for so long.Need to get those fellas back here ....recently been busy racing away ......got excited at the tcs too..we all did well.Time to get back to the 7even cars..

Here's wats new on my car.New battery tray to keep the batteries in tight and no slops.Check it out.

It works well and saved my batteries from getting distroyed by rock debris....on a bumpy track.cya...
Old 08-25-2002, 05:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

HI GUYS,
IVE BEEM THINKING OF GETTING IN TO T/C BUT CAINT MAKE MY MIND UP BETWEEN THE TC3 F/TEAM OR RC LAB,I CAN GET PART SPONSOR FOR THE R/C LAB-BUT ON THE UK WEB SITE I KEEP READING THAT PEOPLE ARE HAVING TO DRIL HERE AND DREMEL THERE WHICH IS PUTTING ME OF HAS I WANT A GOOD CAR STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX,DO YOU THINK THIS CAR CAN KEEP UP WITH THE TC3 & IS THERE A LOT OF DRILLING/DREMEL TO DO ON THIS CAR?WHAT ADD ON'S DO I NEED TO MAKE IT GO..??
PLEASE TALK ME IN TO GETTING THIS CAR!!
STEVE
Old 08-25-2002, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

hey stevie,

the only reason people are drilling here and there is because either they need the slightest amount of weight gone to get in the weight class without going over, or to change a little bit of the car's handling. When you buy the car out of the box, and build it correctly you are set. if you are a perfectionist, which most r/c drivers are, you buy the hop ups, mostly eye candy but sometimes for handling or speed. if you have support around you go for the RC LAb we all love it, why not one more person? plus you get the satisfaction of being different. To make the car go you need a Electonic Speed Control, tires and inserts, servo, radio and reciever, batteryies,and motor. Hope this answers all your questions.

NAte
Old 08-25-2002, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

hey dudes,

alright just got back from racin(a few hours ago), i have this prob with my tires, they sound like a thick vibration when i turn like a "ddddddddddd" but a lighter tone (if you understand)

Also what do you guys use to keep your car super clean, Chrismans car looks like it was just built, do you rebuild everyday.

I have a great setup i love it,

here it is,
60w all around
HPI linear pink in rear
Losi blue in the front
-1 camber all around
biggest swaybar in the rear

Tell me anything i could do in order to make it the slightest bit better

thats all i can think of now(veeeerrry tired from football practices, so i can tryout.

NAte
Old 08-25-2002, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hey fellas,
i have still to run my evoII, but something did occur to me recently. how do you get a hinge pin out of the bulkhead if you bend both sides? just a thought.
Old 08-25-2002, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Hello RSX,

I see u been busy racing ttoo.the noise could come from the frt oneways if you run them.It'a just the out drives and cvd inner pins contacting...when it is freewheeling.Other wise if you took the grease out from ur bearings it does it too..remember to oil them.

As for the cleaning part...a good brush and compressed air makes the difference.

Also let us know what or how you feel with your set ups so we know what to suggest doing...oversteer or under steer or rear spinning out with oneways...blah..blah blah.... lots of tips.

Check out the rear top plate.I cut them in 2 pieces.I got lots of rear traction no more spin outs and work with drop screws for better steering in frt.http://www.rclab.com/discus/messages/4/54.jpg

Until then......cya..

p/s Seaball..if you got hinge pin in bend both ways...I sugest heating it up and hammer it out..try heating it with a heat gun.WEAR GLOVES....!!!otherwise pliers and hammer.
Old 08-26-2002, 10:22 AM
Tech Adept

Unhappy

thanks for the response chrisman.

my prob was a stupid mistake, the locking pin in the wheel.it fell out when i was changing tires. Thanks on the tip for cleaning i use a brush most of the time, but since my air tank is empty thats all i have.

For oneways, is it much harder to drive, and would i half to do totally different setup because right now i have no sliding. Would you recommend it to me, i am in between a novice-intermediate. but much closer to the intermediate.

Thanks
Nate
Old 08-26-2002, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Rsx.... I guess the pin explains it all...

Oneways,heem....it makes a difference in a big track high traction.You will see the gain in lap times and possible make up 1 to 2 laps if you got the hang of it.All it is,is lots of practice and set ups to your driving needs.When you have the car dialed in with oneways,you can even apply brakes to a corner.Now the brakes has to be dialed too from the esc.I start from lowest settings and go from there until the brakes are good enough without spinning out out.

I have tried full time 4x4 and oneways and in comparison oneways is my preference now.I rarely change back to full time 4x4.Hope this helps....
Old 08-26-2002, 01:45 PM
Tech Adept

thanks chrisman i feel kinda stupid now, but who cares.

i am about to try out the oneway. Cant wait

NAte
Old 09-01-2002, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

CHRISMAN!
oh, sorry there. what would be the easiest way for me to get the blade drive conversion? does rclabusa have them? i know i have to go through the uk site to get the larger pulleys. is that the only way? any help would be appreciated. i think i'm gonna bust out the lab for the carpet season. i've had it for a few months now, but i think i'm gonna find a 9550 servo to give me more room for elec up there. ok, later.
Old 09-01-2002, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Hello Seaball,

On your question there,give Steve a call or an e-mail at RCSPEED Tech.He be glad to help you out on your needs.UK has the pulleys but try Steve first and see.He's closer to you.I may some spares but they are for me....LMK how it turns out.Talk to you later...

P/S.Mine is getting a tune up soon...glad to see u busting out the LAB out....cheers.
Old 09-02-2002, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

Hi guys I have a question. How many teeth are on the 7 even's belt? Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.