Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

RCLAB 7even Cars.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2002, 10:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Some of the parts look like they're from a CE4, like the rear bulkheads, also the motor mount looks like CE4 with the exception of the missing bridge that goes to the front bulkhead (all one piece in the CE4)! Kinda looks like a combination of other cars as well!
Old 02-28-2002, 06:34 PM
Tech Adept

(formally 7even racer) ok , last week i ran my car and won my mains and all my other races YEAH!!, but after that somethin happened 2 my steering. i run a Hitec HS 615 ball beraing, metal gear, high torque, and my dual rate doesnt give me more sttering anymore, my lhs says its not my servo. i just wanted to know if u guys were running rubber sealed bearings in your steering posts, and also if titanium turbuckles would make a difference. thanks soooo much
Old 02-28-2002, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hello RSX,

the bearings used on the steering post are not plastic sealed.I used the ones that has metal shields in them.I find the plastic sealed ones binds.As for the turn buckles,I uses the original stainless steel ones.It seems that I haven't broke any on my 6.0.and it's easy to tune.Hope this helps.

Chrisman
Old 03-01-2002, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

I only ever broke the rear top link after a somewhat serious off!
but as the thread is a quick thread I found them easy to adjust....
Old 03-01-2002, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

the reasonfor me asking is because when i turn to the right my tries wont turn back to straight but when i go left it works fine. if u can answer before 7:00 (when i race) that would be great
Old 03-01-2002, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

nevermind, me and my dad fixed it, i cant believe how fast it took my dad to fix it, and he doesnt even race r/c.
thanksfor ur help chrisman
Old 03-01-2002, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Kwel.. have a good race.Have fun and win races...

Chrisman.
Old 03-01-2002, 09:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

What is a good setup for the car on high bite Ozite, tight track layout with good mix of slow and highspeed turns? Do people actually use the kit shocks or is everyone getting other types of shocks?
Old 03-01-2002, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Hello Racer Tex,I'll send set up sheet to you to your e-mail.
Check it out.

Chrisman
Old 03-02-2002, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

Do you still have the TBO1? if not can ya send me a PM maybe about getting my hands on a 7even?
Old 03-10-2002, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Shockwave.....Any news??..

Hey Mytxx....,

Last nite race was not bad with the turn out for mods.....20 guys in mod..10 in A's and 10 in B's too much....car finally handles the way it was before from Kamloops...hopefully next race be better.

Hey Jzone,

Hope next race will c u out.. I know it's been tough...C u Soon.

Hey Monsoon,

You coming out soon,,next race in 2 weeks or so...got to get some practice before the April big one...

C u all soon.

Chrisman.
Old 03-10-2002, 05:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Looks like everyone is running 3-4 degrees of toe in the rear. Do you need that much toe to keep the rear of the car in control? Is it due to the rearward battery placement? With that much rear toe, how do you get enough steering?
Old 03-10-2002, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

RacerTex
I doubt you will find out much set up info here. I check out this thread cause I have a seven but there is not much setup info posted. I use associated shocks and springs on mine. Check with MDI, they have there own thread in "commercial forums" on the forums page. They race Rc Labs cars and are a distributor for them.
Old 03-11-2002, 12:21 AM
Tech Addict

chrisman- Good racing last night. Your car should have placed higher but luck was not on our side. Had me on the edge of my seat! I know Melvin or at least his shoulder won't forget it. LOL.

RacerTex- You don't really need that much for stock, 1 to 2 deg. will do. For mod, 3 to 4 definitely helps.
I also use Assoc. shocks and springs on mine.
What class do you run in? How does your car work? Do you have any specific problems?

ottoman- No need to go anywhere else. Got a question or comment, ask. It's been pretty quiet lately but it will pick up. Have faith.

Jzone, Monsoon- You guys comming out of hibernation soon? Come out, come out. Where ever you are...
Old 03-11-2002, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Mytxx...,

Yeah,the race was good.Hope next time we bring the cam corder to film some racin..all I remember was I had a lot of power left and passing Danny on the outside caught him off guard and surprise..his excuse was battery was dumping...heem after 2 0r 3 minutes of the race??... ....aaahhh!! 2 secs apart from the Hacker Rob......hee!!hee!!..Keith those guys doesn't like him at all..all he does is complaint....

You race was good too....in the beginning start was awesome..the car is handling very well...a.lot of traffic and hackers too...I know they didin't mean to take you out....haa!!haa!! that hit from Mike was a hard one...slam!!!!...your batteries flew almost completely out...at least a good sportsman you finished the race..... there's always the next one...

Racer Tex,

Fill us in your set up and let us know what it is doing for you...this will give us a better idea of how we can give you answers.. to get you on your way.Everyone has different driving styles and it may not fit your driving needs.So it's definitely makes a different if you tell us yours and see what we can do to help....cya...

Chrisman

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.