Old 11-14-2010, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Rob will the GTB 2 be legal?
Old 11-14-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
The Novak Kinetic, SpeedPassion GT 2.0 and 2.1, Tekin RS, etc. etc. will never be allowed as they can be reflashed and reprogrammed for timing advance. The idea is to only allow non re programmable, non advanced escs which have permanent software.
I really don't understand this one. I'm all for taking timing out of the equation, but isn't this a little paranoid? They have sportsman modes to disable the offending features. And it's easily teched visually. Why not allow a racer to use a speed controller that they can grow into another class without purchasing a second controller. Besides, the industry has already shown they police their own when LRP busted Tekin for version 208. I just don't get it...

Bill D.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lost Aggresiva
I really don't understand this one. I'm all for taking timing out of the equation, but isn't this a little paranoid? They have sportsman modes to disable the offending features. And it's easily teched visually. Why not allow a racer to use a speed controller that they can grow into another class without purchasing a second controller. Besides, the industry has already shown they police their own when LRP busted Tekin for version 208. I just don't get it...

Bill D.
You pretty much answered your own question in your post. On the local level there will not always be someone there to bust another. With everyone using a spec controller, you look at the ESC in each car, tech done. You don't even need someone in tech because each racer would be able to look into each car and see what ESC is in there without having to turn it on and count beeps and lights.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mojo 309
Which tracks in the midwest have a usvta class running at the present time that holds weekly races and lager events.
The only place North of Kankakee that is carpet and holds larger TA events is The Track, in Winthrop Harbor IL.

Underground RC Racetrack, actually in Chicago, races TA on Sundays, but doesn't hold anything but club racing.

Where in Illinois are you?

Also....Being that I'm part of the rctech spelling police I noticed in your profile you have
"Illinois" incorect.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Has anyone dropped 4 round cells and a brushed stock motor back in and raced against the 25.5 motors?

Is it still competitive, but without gearing to the point of burning up a motor now that slower brushless ESC's and slower brushless motors are used?

Just had that thought today racing, and was feeling especially old school.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by f1larry
You pretty much answered your own question in your post. On the local level there will not always be someone there to bust another. With everyone using a spec controller, you look at the ESC in each car, tech done. You don't even need someone in tech because each racer would be able to look into each car and see what ESC is in there without having to turn it on and count beeps and lights.
Huh? Just ask them to turn it on for a moment. I don't have a problem with anyone asking me. I do run a Tekin, and it has given me no advantage whatsoever. Of course, it'd need to be one helluva advantage to overcome my driving....

Bill D.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

There was already one case this fall where ROAR had to ask a company to change their software due to some "problems". That sort of thing was the exact reason the rules were written the way they were.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I love the new rule changes --to keep thinks even

just wondering has anyones local tracks tried an MOD VTA class instead of TC mod ...i know seems kinda stupid but i would love to see an way over powered cuda run LOL
Old 11-15-2010, 02:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by robk
There was already one case this fall where ROAR had to ask a company to change their software due to some "problems". That sort of thing was the exact reason the rules were written the way they were.
Did you read my post? I addressed that already. Tekin got busted. The industry righted itself and we the consumer benefited. But I'm thinking this is a waste of time. You've already made up your mind and there's no amount of common sense I can throw at you to change your mind. It's a shame. I think this class could be so much more. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Bill D.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I really think VTA should have went with fixed gear ratio. That makes more sense to me. If they wanted to keep it closer and easier that sounds like a much better idea. I don't understand the police thing, they do it with every other class. Now that I'm stuck with the new rule after I got a Tekin. GT here I come! lol
Old 11-15-2010, 04:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lost Aggresiva
Did you read my post? I addressed that already. Tekin got busted. The industry righted itself and we the consumer benefited. But I'm thinking this is a waste of time. You've already made up your mind and there's no amount of common sense I can throw at you to change your mind. It's a shame. I think this class could be so much more. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Bill D.
Wow.... Well, this conversation was had a few months back, and there are those that get it and those that don't. We see which camp you fall in and there is no amount of "common sense" which can be applied to help you understand why the rules were made the way they were.

Now, can we avoid the chaos this topic always brings out and get back to some USVTA racing discussion? .
Old 11-15-2010, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

And there will always be those who think the "lets go faster than most can drive" mentality is the majority. VTA has and continues to prove them wrong. VTA is stable and continues to show growth. More than that, it's come to a point where arguments like this are quickly dispelled by those that enjoy it. Good going all.....keep it on track and going forward.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:30 AM
Tech Regular

Just amazing. I can't even imagine the poop-storm that may occur if someone brought up running a D3 25.5. Oh well.

Bill D.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evoracer
And there will always be those who think the "lets go faster than most can drive" mentality is the majority. VTA has and continues to prove them wrong. VTA is stable and continues to show growth. More than that, it's come to a point where arguments like this are quickly dispelled by those that enjoy it. Good going all.....keep it on track and going forward.
Lifting the FDR as resulted in the cars not really being that much slower than they were before, tho with the new esc rules the power is just more linear than aggressive like it is with boost and Turbo. As far as growing... sadly, locally our numbers have dwindled. We went from averaging 16 vta racers a week to only getting anywhere from 4-8 a week.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Driver counts are down all over the country. Naturally there are pockets where numbers are up. Don't give up. Watch what happens if HPI releases a new VTA body. Not that you need my opinion but I noticed something when doing non rc events and shows. People react to vta cars well enough but the younger folks just don't have the historical knowledge to embrace vta. Allowing the Pantera and the Corvette body is something that helped. They didn't know what they were but the "shape" attracted them. This would be a good time for a new body release though. C'mon Javelin !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.