Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Brand new to VTA, no flames pls? :)

Hey all. I've been bashing Traxxas stuff for a few years, and I wanted to give VTA a try. I bought a JL-10e, built it out with a leftover ESC/motor I had on the bench, and it's a lot of fun! The helpful folks at Fantasy Hobbies in Tacoma hooked me up with a proper 200mm body, wheels and tires, so I think I'm g2g there.

I'm thinking about entering a Novice event at the local track (Fantasy Hobbies in Tacoma, again), and to that end I decided to get a 'proper' motor/ESC combo. I have a factory rebuilt Novak Havoc 2S/SS Pro 25.5 VTA Combo coming in the mail for that.

My concern is whether or not the 25.5 was the proper motor for me to choose. I saw that it was the spec on the usvintagetransam site so I went that way. Is this enforced at local races, or more of a 'run what ya brung' situation?

Thanks!!

-dd
Old 07-31-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

welcome DD to VTA.....

if your club is racing USVTA rules, just go by the rules on the USVTA website...that way you are legal all the time...and almost anywhere...glad you are in VTA and good luck
Old 07-31-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Fantasy World, last I knew, does not race by VTA rules...best bet would be to check with the guys there. I think they have a couple different specs that "race". Kind of true as far as I know for most things they run...they're big on "local option" rules.

Mike, Mike, Richey, et al can get you headed in the right direction.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys is there any Tracks near western Maryland I'll be visiting my family out there in Garret county it's about 40 minutes west of Cumberland ?
Old 08-01-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Here's a pic of the line-up from last Thursday's VTA Race at Mike's Hobby Shop in Carrollton, Texas.
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-img_w247b.jpg
Old 08-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

HEY,

I was on the ROAR site doing some investigation for a "challenge" in our local Short Course racing program when I saw there had been an announcement a week and a half ago that ROB KING HAS BEEN NAMED ROAR'S ELECTRIC SECTION CHAIRMAN. I hadn't seen any mention of this, so thought I'd point it out.

Congrats Rob! I'm not sure we (electric racers) could have better representation within the national body if we'd paid for it.

FURTHER...the release on ROAR'S site indicates that Rob was "former" president of USVTA. Has there been a leadership change?

Scottrik
Old 08-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik

FURTHER...the release on ROAR'S site indicates that Rob was "former" president of USVTA. Has there been a leadership change?

Scottrik
You can't get rid of me that easy...I think that's a typo..
Old 08-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by omega655
Hey all. I've been bashing Traxxas stuff for a few years, and I wanted to give VTA a try. I bought a JL-10e, built it out with a leftover ESC/motor I had on the bench, and it's a lot of fun! The helpful folks at Fantasy Hobbies in Tacoma hooked me up with a proper 200mm body, wheels and tires, so I think I'm g2g there.

I'm thinking about entering a Novice event at the local track (Fantasy Hobbies in Tacoma, again), and to that end I decided to get a 'proper' motor/ESC combo. I have a factory rebuilt Novak Havoc 2S/SS Pro 25.5 VTA Combo coming in the mail for that.

My concern is whether or not the 25.5 was the proper motor for me to choose. I saw that it was the spec on the usvintagetransam site so I went that way. Is this enforced at local races, or more of a 'run what ya brung' situation?

Thanks!!

-dd

As ScottRik mentioned, I don't think Fantasy World uses 25.5. Go in the Northwest section, and look for the 'FWR Racing Season' thread. They'll sort you out.

Also, depending on where in the Puget Sound Area you are, you should definitely check out FastTrax NW in Monroe (there's also a thread in the Northwest Racers section, or go to www.fasttraxnw.com). We race VTA with a 21.5, and I'm not sure if the minimum weight is observed / enforced. At FastTrax, there's only a ~1 lap in 8 minutes difference between 25.5 and 21.5, as long as you're driving well.

At Hanger 30 in the winter, VTA is run as part of the Scale Spec class with a 25.5. So, if you're planning to race at the Hangar this winter, the 25.5 is probably a worthwhile investment. It won't slow you down too much while you're learning the ropes, and then you'll be able to use it all winter.

-Mike
Old 08-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

Default 2011 USVTA SOUTHERN NATIONALS IN MUSIC CITY,USA

hey guys, I just want to thank all of you for the support. Ive got close to 70 entries and another 10-20 possibles.

Ive also got orders for 30+ shirts. If you have not given me your size, please do asap. I dont want anybody going without, but I dont want to over order as well.

We are going to post a list of names next week of all the racers that plan to attend the event. I hope you get your entry in or call me so I can add you to the list, and dont forget your t-shirt size.

Time is going fast, and the event will be here sooner than you know it....

2011 USVTA SOUTHERN NATIONALS IN MUSIC CITY, USA....THE ONE NOT TO MISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.thunderrcraceway.com/Thun...ionals2011.pdf
Old 08-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
hey guys, I just want to thank all of you for the support. Ive got close to 70 entries and another 10-20 possibles.

Ive also got orders for 30+ shirts. If you have not given me your size, please do asap. I dont want anybody going without, but I dont want to over order as well.

We are going to post a list of names next week of all the racers that plan to attend the event. I hope you get your entry in or call me so I can add you to the list, and dont forget your t-shirt size.

2011 USVTA SOUTHERN NATIONALS IN MUSIC CITY, USA....THE ONE NOT TO MISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys doing loaner transponders or will we need to get some?
Old 08-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

I can't be there. But I want a shirt! Let me know if that's possible. I would rather not get the shirt and be there instead. But I can't make it this year.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE

this is cool...i cant wait to see the names on the list
Old 08-01-2011, 05:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by texastc
I can't be there. But I want a shirt! Let me know if that's possible. I would rather not get the shirt and be there instead. But I can't make it this year.
no problem..pm your info and Ill send you one...I got you on this one..thanks to the TX crew and Mike's Hobbyshop for running VTA...
Old 08-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by starrx
this is cool...i cant wait to see the names on the list
if everybody shows...it will exceed 100 entries...most guys are running 2 classes, but some are just one....I cant wait
Old 08-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Hey, Darkside am I going to get to chase you around the goonies track this thursday ==

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.