Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Biggest word of wisdom I can offer..."temporary" isn't, at least not in the context you are proposing. Once allowed it will be forever allowed because the only thing worse than buying once is buying twice. Won't happen.

There is NOTHING wrong with "sticking to the rules like a bible", that way there are fewer problems down the road. I can't imagine too many "legal" esc's that aren't on the VTA list. GTB's are available for $50-60 every day in the bst fora here, and complete legal brand new systems (motor and esc) are available from Novak for $120.

The guys need to face it...it costs money to go to a new class. The ONLY thing "not recoverable" are the tires and wheels, and there's a ready market for those here on RC Tech as well.

If you're just now starting the class, doing so by the established rules is THE way to go or you'll play hell getting there down the road. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Biggest word of wisdom I can offer..."temporary" isn't, at least not in the context you are proposing. Once allowed it will be forever allowed because the only thing worse than buying once is buying twice. Won't happen.

There is NOTHING wrong with "sticking to the rules like a bible", that way there are fewer problems down the road. I can't imagine too many "legal" esc's that aren't on the VTA list. GTB's are available for $50-60 every day in the bst fora here, and complete legal brand new systems (motor and esc) are available from Novak for $120.

The guys need to face it...it costs money to go to a new class. The ONLY thing "not recoverable" are the tires and wheels, and there's a ready market for those here on RC Tech as well.

If you're just now starting the class, doing so by the established rules is THE way to go or you'll play hell getting there down the road. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
+1000000000000

I have been preaching this in our area but people just dont get it. They want to adjust everything. enough to make it already no fun and not even a race run yet. Got a fully legal VTA car here with a 2nd in the process but not as into it anymore because nobody wants to just run the rules set in place.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CSeils
Doug, thanks for the hint. I have 25,000+ font installed in my computer at work. I try not to memorize them all.

I do have that font though.

Thanks

well, whats the name of the font?
Old 04-24-2011, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Just a question for the VTA guys here. I have a 10yr old TC3 almost complete Factory Team and a Brand new TA05 IFS not the R never touch the floor. Which would you use? Need the help...
Old 04-24-2011, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PadrinoNY
Just a question for the VTA guys here. I have a 10yr old TC3 almost complete Factory Team and a Brand new TA05 IFS not the R never touch the floor. Which would you use? Need the help...
It really comes down to parts support and brand loyality. Both cars are equally capable. Not much of an answer I know, but I know both cars are used alot. I'm still using a first gen TA-05 wher I run.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PadrinoNY
Flip a coin. Both will get the job done. Maybe find out if at the track you are racing at if there is one of those two that has a bigger following. That way, you could solicit more help from your fellow racers.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by looper
I guess what i am seeking is help with a resolution, we have racers that want to try but dont want to dump too much money into a maybe, then on the other side we have promoters that dont want to see another "spec" class become a money=win class like the 18r class did.
That's why the USVTA rules are in place it and you should run by them. If everybody has the same equipment it won't be a $$$=win class, it will be a driver=wins class because everybody is the same electronics wise.

Lynn
Old 04-24-2011, 11:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
+1000000000000

I have been preaching this in our area but people just dont get it. They want to adjust everything. enough to make it already no fun and not even a race run yet. Got a fully legal VTA car here with a 2nd in the process but not as into it anymore because nobody wants to just run the rules set in place.
its going to be okay Monkey....everybody will see that the USVTA rules are the POO...and get onboard
Old 04-25-2011, 01:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

some guys at our local track are trying to get a usvta class going. there are a good group of people interested in the class.

The only thing is that the promoters are sticking to the rules 100% like is it a bible and that is making a few racers shy about making the change and getting the asst items to be legal. We have not had a vta race yet.

What would you recommend as a way to get people interested in the class without making the big commitment to converting their cars to the class?

Right now the sticking points largely are the esc's since there is a long list of 0 degree fixed esc's on the roar list (mostly older ones like spheres and the like) that are not on the usvta list. They dont want to get one off the short list for a class that may or may not take off.

I guess what i am seeking is help with a resolution, we have racers that want to try but dont want to dump too much money into a maybe, then on the other side we have promoters that dont want to see another "spec" class become a money=win class like the 18r class did.

Is there words of wisdom you can share or some examples where being flexible helped with the establishment of a new class? I am hoping something can happen where the two sides of this can find middle ground. even if temporary.
Originally Posted by Scottrik

+1000000000000

Originally Posted by CobraRman
That's why the USVTA rules are in place it and you should run by them. If everybody has the same equipment it won't be a $$$=win class, it will be a driver=wins class because everybody is the same electronics wise.

Lynn
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
its going to be okay Monkey....everybody will see that the USVTA rules are the POO...and get onboard

Looped, if there is anything I can do to help get you legal please be sure to let me know via PM here or on our forum. Glad to see you're into USVTA!

AWD
Old 04-25-2011, 01:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Looped, if there is anything I can do to help get you legal please be sure to let me know via PM here or on our forum. Glad to see you're into USVTA!

AWD

thats cool. i was posting that to see if there was any outside input that would be applicable to the situation. i was asking because i was at a loss and d and d to me seemed a representation of a larger group. i read the replies and yeah they make sense.

as for getting stuff lined up im pretty much there, have a chassis, body, wheels, radio, motor and esc lined up, still need to get batteries and chargers though. thats gonna hurt. oh as for servo i have a hitec 525mg that i will slap in there.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs up

well, whats the name of the font?
It's named 3 posts before the one you quoted.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

thats cool. i was posting that to see if there was any outside input that would be applicable to the situation. i was asking because i was at a loss and d and d to me seemed a representation of a larger group. i read the replies and yeah they make sense.

as for getting stuff lined up im pretty much there, have a chassis, body, wheels, radio, motor and esc lined up, still need to get batteries and chargers though. thats gonna hurt. oh as for servo i have a hitec 525mg that i will slap in there.
Looper, batteries and charger shouldn't hurt at all. Check out these links from Hobbypartz.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/thch1.html

http://www.hobbypartz.com/roarapproved.html
Old 04-25-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Champion

+1000000000000

I dont get it thats right its me. Every body look at me. I am the one making the ruckus. You are so worked up over two people that want to run four cell 27 turn. Two people that may or may not ever show up and you keep bitching about a gen one rules car being allowed if you dont want to run then dont, but until then you dont even know if it works or not.

Better yet how about you give me the time and money that I have sunk into that track. You give me that back. You go finish it and you can go and do it how ever the hell you want.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I dont get it thats right its me. Every body look at me. I am the one making the ruckus. You are so worked up over two people that want to run four cell 27 turn. Two people that may or may not ever show up and you keep bitching about a gen one rules car being allowed if you dont want to run then dont, but until then you dont even know if it works or not.

Better yet how about you give me the time and money that I have sunk into that track. You give me that back. You go finish it and you can go and do it how ever the hell you want.
lol snoopy im not referring to just YOUR track. As I said last time i was out there...its YOUR track, YOU make the rules and if it is no fun for US...WE wont race...was that simple. If you didnt want to take on building and running a track then you know what? You shouldnt have done it. And this is why I quit coming out, You know damn well I physically cant do the work, hell I go into surgery in 2 days. But yet you complained to me about people coming out and not helping. So I quit going out there. Nobody put a gun to your head and told you to put money into it. So dont go complaining about you doing it. If you dont want us out there then you can stop reading now and just get off your soap box and tell me. BTW entry fees are giving you the money back when the rent is that low. Hell if ran every week, just our 4 entry fees each week pay almost double what you 2 said the rent was a month.

All the changes ive heard talked about for YOUR VTA class was bodies, tires, motors, esc's. YOU for 1 talked about allowing other tires and bodies in the class when we talked at YOUR track. As I told George as long as the 27T cars didnt dominate then fine let them run till people could upgrade them, but i was against 21.5's running in a 25.5 class.

I do this for fun, not cause I expect to win, I dont think Ive ever won any RC race. If a class is said will be running I for 1 expect that classes rules ot be run so it is THAT class...not a hodge podge version of it. If thats whats gonna be run then that needs to be said. Ive got 1 VTA legal car ready, 1 kart almost ready and another VTA almost done for quinn. Tristens is next. But if this is how you truely are then there is no point in it.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Whoa whoa whoa...

Dudes, step back, take a breath.

Monkey--if someone's going to the effort to have a track and run races, SUPPORT IT. Don't stay away, give yourself a RIGHT to comment on how things are run by being a part of it..

Snoop--sometimes other folks MAY be "right", and trying to satisfy everybody ultimately leads to satisfying NObody.

What you'll both find is that 4-cell/27T will be a bit slower than the 2s / 25.5. Maybe look at a gearing limit on the LiPo/Brushless cars if it's the right decision for your track.

Snoopy is absolutely correct...regardless what anybody says, unless you've got a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG straight, you cannot get "parity" mixing 21.5's and 25.5's unless the 21.5's carry a ridiculous gearing limitation.

Take a breath both of you. The last thing ANY local scene needs is bad blood that is really over nothing. If you've got something CONSTRUCTIVELY critical to say, either of you, handle it in person, not on the internet. Bickering like this is EXACTLY what ruins race programs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.