Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 01:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
need help finding these....what hobby shop...Amain Hobbies ect?

Associated
6180 Driver, unpainted, 1:10

McAllister
#423 Stock Interior and Driver
#419 SPRINT CAR DRIVER
This guy works well too....
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSB1399
Old 11-19-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trerc
what scale is it?...1/10...?
Old 11-19-2010, 07:58 AM
Company Representative

We are doing the final Beta testing on our new GTB 2 Sportsman esc. We believe that it is important for manufacturers to "put our money where our mouth is" in regards to affordable racing products. So, our original workhorse GTB has undergone a significant makeover without sacrificing its price point (under 100.00 "street price"), low on-resistance (0.00040ohms) and motor limit (3.5T, sensored).

This is an ideal esc for 2011 cost-controlled racing. This GTB 2 is a stand-alone, non PC-programmable, non firmware-updateable controller ideally suited to Sportsman/Spec racing, such as USVTA. With its new case and cross-cut heat sink, along with a much smaller power cap, we believe this controller will continue to be the winning esc for future spec class racing. We have also included our new braking and diagnostic features. Backed by Novak support and Trade-Up Programs.

The Ultimate Sportsman Speed Control!

Shipping, December 2010. Link above includes a side-by-side comparison between our orignal GTB and the upcoming GTB 2. If this GTB 2 is approved by USVTA, we will offer 25.5 combos for your upcoming season.

Multiple adjustable parameters via on-board programming:

...Minimum Brake (0-30%)
...Drag Brake (0-30%)
...Minimum Drive (0-15%)
...Dead Band (2-8%)
...Throttle Curve (Linear/Expo)
...Brake Curve (Linear/Expo)
...Brake Frequency (1.67-13.7 KHz)
...Brake End Point (10-100%)
...Drive Frequency (16-7 KHz)
...Reverse
...Motor Rotation
...Voltage Cut-Off
Old 11-19-2010, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I have no issue with Novak products in the least, and applaud the move towards an ESC with low cost and a focus towards spec racing.

BUT, size has ALWAYS been an issue with Novaks. Big heatsinks, fans, power caps and a massive footprint make it increasingly difficult to place one in the narrower touring cars of today's LiPo designs.

PLEASE make it as small of a footprint as physically possible.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
I have no issue with Novak products in the least, and applaud the move towards an ESC with low cost and a focus towards spec racing.

BUT, size has ALWAYS been an issue with Novaks. Big heatsinks, fans, power caps and a massive footprint make it increasingly difficult to place one in the narrower touring cars of today's LiPo designs.

+1000!
Old 11-19-2010, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
what scale is it?...1/10...?
Its made fir their 1/18th mini sprint but works and looks fine in a 1/10th scale, its the same width as a 2s lipo, you wouldn't want it any bigger...
Old 11-19-2010, 08:18 AM
Company Representative

I have sent a couple of questions to engineering to see whether or not we could recommend running this new GTB 2 with our low-profile HS (in photo) and no fan for 25.5T events only---it may be possible
Old 11-19-2010, 08:38 AM
Team Tekin

This really shows why having multiple manufacturers is a good thing. Innovation and competition benefits everyone by providing choices, better products and lower costs.

Thanks for the nod Rob. Since these classes do not run low turn motors we think a small unit that fits the application will be well received. We can be very competitive on price by designing the right product for the application.

Will our 25.5 motor be considered for approval?

Tekin Prez
Old 11-19-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez
This really shows why having multiple manufacturers is a good thing. Innovation and competition benefits everyone by providing choices, better products and lower costs.
However, it also fuels the "gotta have the hot product of the week" syndrome associated with classes with very close fields. When the RS was introduced a couple of years ago, it was noticeably faster on track than other ESCs in a VTA car. This was before turbo or cheat mode timing adjustments made their way into the programs.

Understand, that faster is not better in these types of classes. We don't want more, we want balanced and even from all of the manufacturers. No one-ups, no hot ticket, no buying new electronics every 6 months to keep up. In a perfect situation, a "spec" class car should not need to be replaced or upgraded regularly to keep up, and should be able to be brought to ANY track in the country and be raced knowing full well that the guy next to you on the driver's stand has the EXACT same power available to him.

Spec classes in the SCCA have done it very well of late. One manufacturer, one source for the cars and parts, and bulletproof powerplants that are identical across the board. They are the biggest and most competitive classes everywhere, and for a really good reason.

Market competition is not always the best thing for a spec class environment.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:08 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Hey Rob,

Can you send me an email at [email protected]

Thanks
EA
Old 11-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Champion

How was everybody racing this weekend....good I hope...

we ran a 50 lapper main that took about 14 mins.....how about you?
Old 11-21-2010, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Has anyone ever tried to run a "last Man/Woman Standing" race. By racing untill the last person dumps their batts then whom ever has the most laps wins?

Sounds fun to me, Throttle strategy and racing the best line
Old 11-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Tech Champion

Ive put together 2 different enduros for VTA...that worked out really well...check it out

http://www.nashrcracer.com/coppermin...s.php?album=35

http://www.nashrcracer.com/coppermin...s.php?album=37

they are alot of fun....teams of 3 with a team member driving, another pitting and the other marshalling...its a blast...planning another real soon
Old 11-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah, I agree and it's the big reason I have not went with Novak since the Tekin came out. I hoped Novak would make a smaller footprint. It's a huge selling point for many. I don't know the SP esc size, but if it gets approved, it's size and cost is very low.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well, I seriously don't understand why the Tekin is not allowed in it's spec mode. It's not really, easier? If you can't tell someone is running turbo or advanced timing then...well...don't be a tech. What VTA needed is a fixed gear radio. In the end you still have people tring to do stuff to their motors and then it comes down to better batteries. Sounds like to me it's the motor guys cring they want to tweak motors, gear hard and buy better batteries? VTA too boring for you? If they are that serious why are you racing the VTA class? I thought that's what they were tring to change.

Now one more thing, bodies? Honestly no one cares about the old TA series back in the day. I'm 36 and had no idea it existed. If you want to grow the class, then I recommend allowing more vintage bodies. Perhaps you guys pick them, but no one young gives a darn about some old racing series. The younger people see "cool cars" and want to get involved. Don't we need the young people in this class? The next generation of racers? It's a good starting class, but they need to adopt rules that make more sense. Add a few bodies, go to fixed gear ratio, allow speedos that allow growth in the next class. Just my 2 cents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.