Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

and here i thought tamiyas don't break yes i am a tamiya owner so I know what I am saying
Old 02-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHARLIE BROWN
I remember that movie but ive never heard it described that way before
its a leaf or stick that breaks the line and one of the foreman ants has to coach the other ants to go around....funny as...you know....

ps..yeah I watch it alot..got 2 girls..duh
Old 02-12-2010, 01:20 PM
2xs
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jato Fox
Yeah but Hot Bodies is the 'performance division' of HPI. I also think the Cyclone S would be a better choice than the Sprint 2, but maybe that's just because I have one.
I think you are missing the point. I am sure the Cyclone S or TC would be great VTA cars. BUT the price point for having them as a RTR VTA car would be a lot more than a S2S.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i have a novak havoc esc for sale if intrested plz me ill send pics and info
Old 02-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2xs
I think you are missing the point. I am sure the Cyclone S or TC would be great VTA cars. BUT the price point for having them as a RTR VTA car would be a lot more than a S2S.
If a hobby shop was to take the same novak brushless system, same radio, etc, I doubt the price point between the two cars would be less than a few dollars. I was just checking the price difference between the Sprint 2 Drift (w/o electronics) and the Cyclone S from ultimatehobbies.com, and the Cyclone is actually $5 cheaper.

The major difference between the two options would be whether a new racer would want to take it out of the box and run it immediately like the Sprint, or take the time to put it together, as is the situation with the Cyclone S.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Talked to some of the oval guys tonight as the Havok is a popular spec ESC for a lot of their classes, many claim the Havok Pro to be at least .2 faster on the track. Maybe Novaks claim that the Havok Pro is faster is true after all...
Old 02-13-2010, 04:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trerc
Talked to some of the oval guys tonight as the Havok is a popular spec ESC for a lot of their classes, many claim the Havok Pro to be at least .2 faster on the track. Maybe Novaks claim that the Havok Pro is faster is true after all...
What motor class? How many cells? This is useless information without context.

Also what people? Just some dudes?

Are you saying this because you like Tekin?

So far in the Hurricane series and at several big races limiting the esc has been successful across different brands, not models, producing closer lap times. We should be able to take this success further with the restriction of escs to the list on the new rules. At our level of amp draw, on right and left turns of varying speed, i have a hard time seeing how it's going to be .2 per lap. Single cell pan cars on foam tires on an oval is a whole different ball game. I understand they have a lot of information on what may be fastest, but it is not a 100% correlation to what we do.

Last edited by robk; 02-13-2010 at 04:48 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cyclone x
i have a novak havoc esc for sale if intrested plz me ill send pics and info
Im inqiring within : hey chase
Old 02-13-2010, 05:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

As far as I can tell without opening it up, a Havoc Pro is pretty much a GTB with a black heat sink and clear case. I keep meaning to ask Novak 2 if this is true.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Havok Pro for me...seen it work with the C-USVTA rules and it held its own..

Rob ygpm
Old 02-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Company Representative

The Havoc Pro should offer the same performance charcteristics as the GTBs and SLYDRs; same MOSFETs and on-resistance. As I commented in my "official" thread, the HPro firmware offers additional options and a different programming style by way of a single, motor mapping area.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
As far as I can tell without opening it up, a Havoc Pro is pretty much a GTB with a black heat sink and clear case. I keep meaning to ask Novak 2 if this is true.
Got an answer (on Saturday, no less!!) over on the Novak/USVTA thread.

The Havoc Pro is a GTB with some updated selection methods/options.

Same on-resistance, same timing advance (zero added) as the GTB...mostly more convenient to use. I'd bet that in CONTROLLED testing there would be no performance difference between the Havoc Pro and the GTB, and minimal (probably theoretical more than actual) between the Havoc Pro/GTB and a "lesser" Havoc.

I respectfully offer that this "performance advantage" to the Pro is likely much ado about nothing.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Got an answer (on Saturday, no less!!) over on the Novak/USVTA thread.

The Havoc Pro is a GTB with some updated selection methods/options.

Same on-resistance, same timing advance (zero added) as the GTB...mostly more convenient to use. I'd bet that in CONTROLLED testing there would be no performance difference between the Havoc Pro and the GTB, and minimal (probably theoretical more than actual) between the Havoc Pro/GTB and a "lesser" Havoc.

I respectfully offer that this "performance advantage" to the Pro is likely much ado about nothing.
You probably will not experience much performance difference between the Havoc Pro and the Havoc 2S on the 25.5 motors.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 2xs
just a minor adjustment and we set...logo incl

http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/100422/
Old 02-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
What motor class? How many cells? This is useless information without context.

Also what people? Just some dudes?

Are you saying this because you like Tekin?

Any straight axle/pan car chassis
-Any Novak 13.5 Havoc System or the Novak XBR w/ the 13.5 SS or EX(both silver can) brushless motor
-World GT tires(BSR or TM)
-Thunder Power or SMC 1cell(40c)Lipo/(or SMC 1cell(25c)Lipo)
-HPI Trans Am body with issued paint & decaled by R/CAR

One class for instance, and this was the same guy using the same car the same night the only difference was switching the ESC between rounds and picked up .2 over the Havok 2s.

The Havok is spec in several of the oval classes and the oval guys are going with the Pro's because there's been enough proof to show that there is a definite advantage with the Pro over the regular 2s.

Yes I am a Tekin guy but I also just received delivery conformation that my reman Havok has been shipped so I should be receiving it early next week. This will be the 2nd Havok I've owned. Come September when everybody's running the spec esc options if we discover the same thing that the oval guys are discovering about the Pro then it likely won't be my last.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.