Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sportpak
Has anyone else had any extra lousy experiences with tires lately? I have a set of rears that have 15 runs on them and they still suck.

Maybe we should leave the speed thing to people that make the decisions and we should bitch about tires.
My dad mounted up a new set to run at the Champs, and the car pushes bad ever since he started using this set.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Has anyone else had any extra lousy experiences with tires lately? I have a set of rears that have 15 runs on them and they still suck.

Maybe we should leave the speed thing to people that make the decisions and we should bitch about tires.
I thought maybe you were gonna suggest we be able to use the new HPI vintage tires as another tuning option

Old 11-29-2009, 03:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anybody enforce the rule saying driver must be in the car? Just seen this on the VTA site.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bboard
Anybody enforce the rule saying driver must be in the car? Just seen this on the VTA site.
I believe that is up to the race facility to decide if they want to enforce the driver rule. So far none of the tracks I've been to are enforcing this.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I just mounted a new set for this weekend and they worked great right out of the package which I was shocked about. They usually take about 5 or so runs to come around but this new set was good from the first run on.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
I just mounted a new set for this weekend and they worked great right out of the package which I was shocked about. They usually take about 5 or so runs to come around but this new set was good from the first run on.
same here the car actually looked really good
Old 11-29-2009, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

My last set of fronts were awful, didn't seem to take dope well and would get extremely gummy. I ran a new set this weekend and they were great, maybe HPI had a bad batch?
Old 11-29-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

also tried slicks just to see and yeah there heavey but they did the same lap time has the spec tire
Old 11-29-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I just figure it today. I had awesome car. Ran like it was on rails. I changed tires and ever since couldn't get my rear to work. Problem was only mid turn and only off power, so didn't think its got anything to do with the tires. From my experience, I had to wait few runs to get the fronts to work, never rears, they always worked OK from the beginning.
After completely rebuilding my car, only thing left was to change the rear tires and my car is back. Too bad it took only like 3 weekends of frustrations.

Always something, today for change was my aluminum antenna holder: half way through the race car would start glitching.

But why do I worry?
Looks like I'll be banned from VTA anyway. I have 2 cars and 2 speed controls and both are Tekin

Rob
Old 11-29-2009, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Cool

I`ve been running the slicks since my first time on the track 3 weeks ago , awesome traction from the start. Ive actually had a hard time getting steering on my TA05 Shell car.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I always have a great grip from the spec tires when they come out of the package.
I did try the new treaded tires just to see if there is any difference between those and the spec tires, and for me at least there's none. (carpet track) maybe will work better on asphalt.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by robus
.But why do I worry?
Looks like I'll be banned from VTA anyway. I have 2 cars and 2 speed controls and both are Tekin

Rob
I wouldn't worry about that. Most tracks say it takes 3 to make a class, you figure the number of racers who choose to run the newer equipment vs the racers who don't and it will only a matter of time before the evolved racers create a pro VTA class. I just hope the minority is left with enough racers to make a vintage equipment class...
Old 11-29-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The new threaded tire has more of a square shoulder and does not roll over as much. I would like to try a set........
Old 11-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Also, before anyone tries to get a hold of one, the Advance ESC is not going to be legal at this time.
for the Novak race or period from this point on?
Old 11-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robus
But why do I worry?

Rob
Non-Binding Informational Suggestion: Current testing shows that speed controls set to 10 degrees timing advance, with no additional "Boost" or "Turbo" functions, or profile #1 on LRP speed controls are very close in speed. This is a suggestion for those tracks having a disparity between cars equipped with high timing ESCs and those without. *THIS IS NOT A CURRENT RULE*

That is what is on the rules page. There is NO BAN ON TEKIN EQUIPMENT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.