Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Exclamation

Originally Posted by cwoods34
It's called A COUPLE OF PRACTICE LAPS
Just turning your car upside down in the sun to get the tires about the same temp as the asphalt also works.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default ???

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Hey All, Your Southern most VTA group is now online !! Check us out at www.bearrc.com
Please forgive any errors...we just became active a couple of hours ago.
Got enough room for a tractor trailer to park? Might stop by.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cwoods34
That's my Mountain Dew in the left of that picture! She is a cutey! I had a Vendetta tire that I was using to prop something up with, and she had her eyes on it for a few minutes. I handed it to her, and you would've thought I handed her a piece of gold. I've never seen a kid's eyes get so big!

Get a controller in that kids hands. Before she discovers boys.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lidebt2
Got enough room for a tractor trailer to park? Might stop by.
6 acres of concrete parking lot.....will that do ? Come on by anytime you're on the road and going by. There's a Jamison Inn across the street and the old Chevy dealership next door has become a bit of a truck stop. we're 2 blocks off I-95.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

May 31st Points Race #3 at Hobby Lobby.... Nashville,TN

FINALLY!!!..We get some asphalt under our wheels...they say the early bird gets the worm, that bird would be WW...we all should have got there early to put some laps on our cars...cause most of us have been carpet bound for so long that we forgot about the lack of traction on the pavement..that started the day as priority #1...lets see what we get our wheels to stick...we tried just about everything we had in our bags of tricks...but come to find out that FX mix with the gu and soft-eerrr setup does the trick..

When the races began..we had some outta towners in our mist....NEXUS.COM w/ Melvin and Arun came from ATL..we also had some from Alabama and W.KY...and a very special guest in Dan "drive anything and finish top 3" Reino...thanks guys for coming and hope to see you back soon.....

with the qual starting you could see the determination on alot of guys faces to do really good today...in both TA and TC...during the 1st qual about half way I lost a wheel after leading the race...goes to show bad maintanace will cut your race or your whole day short....so after the 1st round I was 12th on the board with 23/6:09...a long way from Melvin's 32/6:06...it seemed to be a uphill battle when Donald/TQ is 2 full laps off Melvin...

in Jr TA Yung brought the belt back to defend against any and all JR's that wanted some...but it seems that a new rival is on the horizon in Daniel..these two ended up 20 lappers at 5:02 and 5:11...with Daniel taking the round...Baby ended up in 3rd with a strong 15 laps

rd 2 started about like the 1st one with Melvin laying down some really fast laps and awsome driving..pulling another TQ with 33/6:09..WOW!..I only pulled a 31/6:08...but with a couple of races Rodney Barrett put everyone on notice that he was back with a 32/6:10...that allowed him to take 2nd on the board overall with me in 3rd....time to tighten it up...

the Jr's swapped spots with Spidey take 1st and Daniel taking 2nd...this is turning into a rubber match that Vince(WWE) couldnt have put together..

3rd turned into "TOP THIS"...with Melvin doing it again with a 33/6:06 and a fast lap of 10.77..sick speeds and cornering and driving...hats of to ya..but that didnt stop there...we had top 6 all step up into contention..

1. Melvin Lee 33 6:06.958 3 1
2. Rodney Barrett 32 6:02.796 3 2
3. Jason Graham 32 6:07.798 3 3 5.002
4. Donald Martin 32 6:11.881 3 4 9.085
5. Myron Kinnard 31 6:01.792 3 5
6. Todd Smith 31 6:03.428 3 6 1.636

the short and small reality of being not in the top 3 was a wake-up if ever there was one...but being 2 laps down was a harder pill to swallow....but thats is what racing is all about...if anything it will show you even if "you" think you are the best....somebody is always better....sometimes you just havent met them yet....

the JR class changed up with Daniel dropping elbow from the top rope with 21/5:08 to Spidey 20/5:01....its going to be a battle!!!

the mains are set and its time to put it down...the B-main/sportsmain class was a nail bitter from start to finish....it had a least 5 lead changes by 4 of the 6 drivers...not to leave out the 3rd place spot changed among all the drivers.....this is what TA is all about..coin tosses to the finish..the Sportsman class is by far the most door to door racing we get and thanks to these guys for putting it down...Will Hillis went from 12th on the board to take the win...great job guys....

the Main for the Jr class saw the title change hands and a NEW JR TA CHAMP was crowned....Daniel and Spidey changed leads at the start of the race several times...but it was Daniel who gained the lead on lap 5 and never looked back...Spidey made a threat at times but with a half charged battery...just didnt have anything to offer...with Daniel taking the title , he will hold onto it till June 14th...Baby finish 2nd....

I had to make a last min adjustment..I had to use my TC3 27t car due to spur gear stripped in the TC5...not enough time to change...it felt funny from the start...going from 21.5 in a new belted car to 27t in an older shaft car makes your driving different...but I havent done very well all day so what the heck..lets go for it...at the buzzard it lauched like a rocket ...and probably hit a couple guys....started in 5th and by lap 13...I was in 2nd...I could tell the difference in power loss as the race went,..the constant punch of the brushless wasnt there so rolling the corners became very important...after 8 mins of backwards racing Melvin took home the win...in a very close 2nd was Jason Graham..with me pulling out 3rd....this was a tight race at times due to me and Jason losing our position on the race....Jason didnt count for a lap...had my hopes up,lol
but all drivers finished with 39 laps or better.....I think its going to get tighter as the season goes...cant wait...time to work on my ride....

I seemed to believe that Trans-am racing wil save on-road r/c ....maybe it will and maybe not...but I do know this..races like this one makes it so much more fun for rc racing....

cya June 14th

NEW JR TA CHAMP
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-img_4553_resized_5f0a.jpg  

Last edited by DARKSIDE; 06-07-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I missed racing at Indy Slots in Indy on Friday, but looks like they had 15 VTA. The top 4 in the A-main were within 1 lap and the top 2 were within 1/2 second.

To make up, I raced on Sunday at Hobbytown Indy North in the parking lot. This was the first parking lot at their new location so turn-outs were a bit light. Still we had 6 VTA, which wasn't too bad. Top 3 cars were fairly close and the top 2 ended up within a second which put on a good show for the crowd watching racing. Can't beat racing outside.

Can't wait to race VTA next week in Indy. Now to decide if I'm going to race inside on carpet, outside on asphalt, or both!!
Old 06-07-2009, 11:40 PM
Tech Champion

the best way is to do both
Old 06-08-2009, 08:17 AM
Tech Champion

plug......Beat the Heat 2009....Trans-am racing...lots of fast guys....come on..2 day event....asphalt.....BIG TRACK.....more info

http://www.rctech.net/forum/msra-memphis-tn-35/
Old 06-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

How is the VTA class doing at your local track?

Indy Slots on the SE side of Indy (Beech Grove) has been racing VTA for 52 weeks or 1 year. We have averaged 13.5 racers each Friday night over the last year. We have also averaged 17.5 racers in 2009 which is 23 weeks.

We race Friday nights and run 2 heats/1 main. We have never had a trophy race and our best turn-out has been 29 entries. Overall, we have had 80 different racers try out the VTA class at our track and currently have about 25 different racers actively participating in this class.

While numbers don't always tell the whole story, I think they do show that with consistent rules that put racing in the hands of the drivers (and not the racers with the deepest pockets) that you can have a successful class.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

VTA in Memphis is going well, with only the MiniCooper class outpacing it by 1 or 2 entries per week.

Competition is heavy on race weeks with both local competition and the Westerners (Jonesboro racers) coming over to whoop up on us.

I had the pleasure (or should I say misfortune ) of running against Arun and Melvin at Jonesboro a few weeks ago, and needless to say, both are very impressive, knowledgeable, and true ambassadors. Thanks to both for the pointers that week. I hope both make it to BTH in Memphis as well as anyone else that can make it.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:57 AM
Tech Champion

hey dont forget me...I got 3rd in that race.....lol...I really hoping we get a large turn-out for BTH in Memphis...Im pushing all my locals to come...as well as bringing some surprises for VTA myself...

Brian our outside program has done great on both points races with 20+...we ran our 1st race indoors due to rain, and the 2nd one was this past weekend(31st)...we had lite turn-outs for our Friday nite ,but fun as well...we ran laps instead of times this past friday nite...20 lap qual..and 50 lap mains...very interesting driving skill....but I will let Nash tell that story...

wheres the report Dirla?

oh yeah our Jr TA class is doing fine as well...the belt switched hands..cant wait to see how it works out this Sunday?
Old 06-09-2009, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
hey dont forget me...I got 3rd in that race.....lol...I really hoping we get a large turn-out for BTH in Memphis...Im pushing all my locals to come...as well as bringing some surprises for VTA myself...

Brian our outside program has done great on both points races with 20+...we ran our 1st race indoors due to rain, and the 2nd one was this past weekend(31st)...we had lite turn-outs for our Friday nite ,but fun as well...we ran laps instead of times this past friday nite...20 lap qual..and 50 lap mains...very interesting driving skill....but I will let Nash tell that story...

wheres the report Dirla?

oh yeah our Jr TA class is doing fine as well...the belt switched hands..cant wait to see how it works out this Sunday?
Myron, I can't make it to beat the heat but definitely want to make it to memphis w/ you what outta town races in Aug and/or september you are doing... we'll discuss Sunday.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Vintage Trans-Am race in Fort Wayne, IN - Three Rivers Festival Race

Three Rivers Festival Vintage Trans-Am Race Saturday July 11
Three Rivers Festival in Fort Wayne, IN
This official Three Rivers Festival event will be held outdoors on a street course on Calhoun street just west of Headwaters Park in downtown Fort Wayne, IN. Pit space with electricity will be available in the pavillion in Headwaters park. Three heats and a main will be run with all heats and mains being 8 minutes. Entry fee for pre-registrations will be $25 and $35 day of race. Each entry will recieve a free T-shirt and entry tickets for the door prize drawings. Trophies will be awarded. With the turnouts that Summit Raceway had at this past season's Vintage Trans-Am Midwest Super Series event, and the VTA class at the ROAR Region 5 Onroad, we are expecting a great crowd. Check out the flyer and registraion form HERE.
Links to the flyer and entry can also be found at the Summit R/C Raceway website at www.summitrcraceway.com, and at the Three Rivers Festival website at www.trfonline.org.
Also check out the many other events taking place during the Festival. The racing will take place withing walking distance of the Verizon Events Pavillion, Arts in the Park display, the Meijer Fest Unlimited with kiddie rides, helicopter rides, bungee jumping and climbing wall, the Crafter's Market and of course Food Alley with a huge selection of festival foods to enjoy.

Last edited by S.Heath; 07-01-2009 at 03:10 PM. Reason: updated the download link
Old 06-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hope to make it to this race, can't wait!

I'll definitely be hitting up those kiddie rides in between heats
Old 06-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Tech Champion

sounds like a great event...wish it wasnt on the same weekend as BTH 2009..

I think/wish we could all cordinate alot of the VTA events so most of us could attend....a major schedule among VTA....I tried to do something like that but Im only 1.....

hey USVTA, any ideas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.