Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

For Lemans why not put a small tape strip ontop of your pipe? No worry about the cars running over it then. Since the cars are against the pipe it makes it easy.

Just a thought,
Paul
Old 11-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

If you're gonna do a Le Mans start. Do a REAL Le Mans start! Line up the cars with the transmitters next to them, all the drivers stand on the opposite side of the track. When the whistle blows, all the drivers sprint to grab their transmitters, get to the top of the stand, and get movin! I think half of us would be breathing like a steam locomotive by the time we got to the top of the driver's stand.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpraydbySprague
If you're gonna do a Le Mans start. Do a REAL Le Mans start! Line up the cars with the transmitters next to them, all the drivers stand on the opposite side of the track. When the whistle blows, all the drivers sprint to grab their transmitters, get to the top of the stand, and get movin! I think half of us would be breathing like a steam locomotive by the time we got to the top of the driver's stand.
We kind of do that -- transmitters are on the rail and we stand with our backs against the railing behind us. On the horn it's a couple of quick steps across the stand but not so fast that you knock your tx off the railing!
Old 11-25-2008, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

$150 for the Novak Havoc ESC WITH the 21.5 motor:

Novak Havoc 21.5 Combo

Going right to 21.5 in USVTA just got a lot cheaper. When I was running 27T/4-cell I was using an $85 Novak Rooster ESC and a $35 motor = $120.

Very extremely worth $30 to me not to have to maintain that brushed motor. Moreover, if you consider that you'll replace the brushed motor a couple of times before you'll have to replace the brushless motor and you're ahead.

IMO, don't bother arguing that you'll be off the pace with the Havoc ESC vs. something else.

Thanks, Novak!
Old 11-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reenmachine
We kind of do that -- transmitters are on the rail and we stand with our backs against the railing behind us. On the horn it's a couple of quick steps across the stand but not so fast that you knock your tx off the railing!
Dude I saw a guy drop his radio off the driver's stand. He was trying to swat away a bee during a race. First time I ever saw a transmitter need to be marshalled. Luckily, it was a cheap rtr am radio.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:05 PM
Tech Adept

I spotted somewhere (I think) number decals and dots with the VTA logo.
If they're still available can someone direct me to where I can purchase some?
Old 11-25-2008, 11:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Kenji,

Hey man, how are you doing? It has been a few years since you visited Trackside.

We start the mains at Trackside with a rolling, single file start. By far the cleanest first laps of all the methods we have tried. Lemans may lead to too much carnage as drivers try to accelerate, turn onto the straight and avaoid each other. Inverted starts are fun, but if there is a bit of skill diferential front to back, it is difficult to have clean racing for several laps.

Tuesday night we had 20 entries in T/A. 10 in A and 10 in B. Both starts were single file rolling starts and very clean. Just a bit of rubbing, but clean none the less. If you want to observe how it works for us at Trackside, Next Tuesday sign into RCLive and watch the mains, They should start around 9:00 pm, CST.

Marty (The Father of Vintage Trans-Am)
Old 11-26-2008, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 414MPH
Kenji,
Hey man, how are you doing? It has been a few years since you visited Trackside.
]
Hi Marty! Yes it has been a while. I helped create and now help run two racing venues very near to my house, Strictly and Underground. That's why you haven't seen me in a while. It used to be I had to drive to Brookfield WI, Joliet and Kenosha to find a race. Now a race is 15 minutes or less from me.

I still have my two punch cards in my glove box.

I'll try your rolling start this weekend at Underground and see how we do.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Last night was my fisrst experience with a rolling start and I must say they are pretty fun. I think the start for the T/A mains should be up to the race director of each track. This gives a variety of styles and keeps the fun factor in the class as you can have different experiences at each track.

I like the Lemans style start as well as the rolling start. I think the motocross style start would be fun to drive as well.

Whether you start Lemans style, rolling start, motocross style, 2 by 2, or whatever the class is still a blast.

My car was terrible last night but I still had a blast. The A main had some great racing going on in it.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Novak Havoc 21.5 Combo

Going right to 21.5 in USVTA just got a lot cheaper. When I was running 27T/4-cell I was using an $85 Novak Rooster ESC and a $35 motor = $120.

Very extremely worth $30 to me not to have to maintain that brushed motor. Moreover, if you consider that you'll replace the brushed motor a couple of times before you'll have to replace the brushless motor and you're ahead.

IMO, don't bother arguing that you'll be off the pace with the Havoc ESC vs. something else.

Thanks, Novak!
This is great news. When I talked to Charlie at the Ihobby show this year I asked if the Havoc would be offered with a 17.5 or 21.5 motor and he said that he doubted it would. I am glad to see that Charlie and Novak have changed their mind. Hopefully they produce enough to keep them in stock because they will go fast when they are released.

Way to go NOVAK!!!
Old 11-26-2008, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Novak Havoc 21.5 Combo

Thanks, Novak!

Preordered for my son car.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

Novak Havoc 21.5 Combo

Thanks, Novak!
I think i just soiled my trousers....

THANK YOU NOVAK!!!!!
Old 11-26-2008, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Here we go, puts on flame suit.

Doug- I love what you've created with USVTA.

I nominate you to start a realistic CORR class for the Slash
Old 11-26-2008, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TwoTone
Here we go, puts on flame suit.

Doug- I love what you've created with USVTA.

I nominate you to start a realistic CORR class for the Slash
What would it be besides stock Slash, which is already being run all over the country?
Old 11-26-2008, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

What would it be besides stock Slash, which is already being run all over the country?
Read the Slash rules tread in the off road section.

It would just be nice to get some standard amoung the tracks.

Even in my area the closest 2 off road tracks running different 'spec' Slash rules.

This wasn't meant as serious, guess just venting frustration.

Last edited by TwoTone; 11-26-2008 at 09:56 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.