Old 12-24-2007, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Tekin R1 ESC

Tekin
R1 & R1 Pro was release la !

after some hours can test .

www.rcmarket.com.hk
Attached Thumbnails Tekin R1 ESC-dsc03850.jpg   Tekin R1 ESC-tekin-r1-pro.jpg   Tekin R1 ESC-tekin-r1-pro-35g.jpg  
Old 12-24-2007, 09:12 AM
Regional Moderator

So how exactly do shops in Hong Kong get the R1 before places like Stormer, Tower, etc?

Every two weeks, the expected date at Tower slips two weeks.

I gave up waiting and bought a Spread Spectrum enhanced Novak GTB.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
So how exactly do shops in Hong Kong get the R1 before places like Stormer, Tower, etc?

Every two weeks, the expected date at Tower slips two weeks.

I gave up waiting and bought a Spread Spectrum enhanced Novak GTB.
before was pre-order today all was sent ,
order now 27th can send out !
Old 12-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Your website said they were coming in June. Thanks for misleading us.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by adamge
??
Old 12-24-2007, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Thumbs down

sensorless
Old 12-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

A comment like that is because?????

If you understood the technology you would understand that sensorless is not a problem.

In industry 99.99% of systems are sensorless as it is more efficient, more powerfull.

All Tekin products are exceptional quality, I have 10 year old Tekin products that I use still today and I wouldn't replace them with new equipment as the Tekin products are still better. I remember when Tekin went with a tripple regeneration circuit in there ESCs and how people said it will never work. Yet after 6 months everyone was using it as it provided a significant increase in run time.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

looks larger than advertised by Tekin
Old 12-24-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by convikt
looks larger than advertised by Tekin

http://www.teamtekin.com/r1.html
Old 12-24-2007, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If you understood the technology you would understand that sensorless is not a problem.
Hmmm, It's my understanding that there is/has been a problem with the sensorless...which is why I understand TEKIN is currently working on a SENSORED B/L control.

(Things like the car taking off backward and/or cogging...I believe they said it was moreso with the higher wind B/L motors and some of the 4 cell stuff.)

TEKIN has always had great products - and even though this B/L speedcontrol seems to have taken WAY too long based on announced estimated release times, etc...I'm sure it will be a very good product.

One of my favorite old ESC's were the old 411G's, and I always LOVED the way the TEKIN "Torque Limiting" worked back in the day of batteries that could BARELY make a 4 minute run. (Wow did that provide an advantage)
Old 12-24-2007, 06:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

i just want one like now....!
Old 12-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SWTour
Hmmm, It's my understanding that there is/has been a problem with the sensorless...which is why I understand TEKIN is currently working on a SENSORED B/L control.

(Things like the car taking off backward and/or cogging...I believe they said it was moreso with the higher wind B/L motors and some of the 4 cell stuff.)

TEKIN has always had great products - and even though this B/L speedcontrol seems to have taken WAY too long based on announced estimated release times, etc...I'm sure it will be a very good product.

One of my favorite old ESC's were the old 411G's, and I always LOVED the way the TEKIN "Torque Limiting" worked back in the day of batteries that could BARELY make a 4 minute run. (Wow did that provide an advantage)
The way that I understand it is that the sensorless have a short delay in going forward after the car has been rolling backward, like after a crash. Tekin has obviously taken alot of time and effort to minimize this effect and still provide the best possible product for the market. As far as them developing a sensored product, I would say that it's more political as the current rules development only allow sensored motors. I'm still getting one as soon as they are available. My son gets to be my lipo/brushless test mule.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adamge
Quit being a tool. Everybody knows Tekin has been causing the delays...
Old 12-24-2007, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I will agree that 'politics' probably has a part to play in the sensored as well...

I know, I'm a part of those politics for OVAL racing...our B/L rules are only allowing the use of SENSORED ESC's. in NON- Open Modified classes.

We have offered or allowed for the past 2 seasons the use of SENSORLESS B/L stuff in our OPEN MODIFIED class, but nobody wants to go that fast on the oval anymore.

We did have someone last year give it a try with the MAMBA MAX system...and the car went BACKWARD about 90% of the time off the line...and it bacame a problem with the car was backing into the car behind it...or failed to even move off the line.

...I can say, I am wanting to try/test a TEKIN Sensored B/L ESC when they come out...currently I have both LRP's and NOVAK's...so I'm sure I'll have a TEKIN too.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Tool? That's harsh. Though not too bad if I keep in mind it's the name of the best band of all time.

I was just pointing out that, in this situation, RCMARKET guy did a poor job running his retail business.

Now, remember that RCMARKET just posted what he was told, Tekin was actually in control. A little bit of reasoning gets you a rough estimation of what I think of Tekin's job.

Oh, and Tekin, you might want to put some effort into convincing us that the R1 can do as good a job with all the sensored motors out there as the GTB and TC Spec. If you want to capture more than 5% of the racing BL market, that is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.