Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood
Hey Pro 4 Guys; Sorry I didn`t get back. My computer was out for 2-months.

I thought this Pro 4 spot would be Dead; but it`s Not.....Yet.....Ha Ha!

I`m still Hopping-Up My Evo 5 and it now runs just as good as My Pro 4.
(My Evo 5 is Costing Me a Few $s.....I`ve spent over $650.00 already.)
-I`m afraid to race it.

Hey bxpitbull; You`re alright? You are the life of these message spots.....Ha Ha! You always bring-up a cool topic.

Take Care
I'm good. I am letting the Pro 4 take the winter off. I finally got beat by a nitro 1/10th scale (4 tec with the 3.3). This gives me reason to step it up to go 11.1/Mamba/5700. I hate the fact I loss, but it's all good. I hit you with a message at controlzone.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Yeah bxpitbull sure does liven up a forum

I still check here every couple of days to see if anything is happening....

At least bxpitbull can drive, my poor Pro 4 doesnt see much service anymore but im surprised i broke so few parts on it. As such the poor car deserves a good rest.

As for spool in the rear, i'll let the guys at our track know about it. BTW they find when they are drifting that resin tires are the best. I think its the stuff you use with fibreglass (although dont put fibreglass in the wheels). Only problem is it leaves white lines every where and it seems other cars following seem to pick up all the resin dust left, so the other racers dont like it.

Last edited by mangoman; 02-02-2007 at 10:46 AM.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

I recieved the message. I checked-out that R.C. Car Track Site. It looks more like a Off-Road spot. I only run Electric On-Road(Touring). But I`ll check it out when the weather warms-up.

My Pro 4 is done. I haven`t ran it since September 2006. I put in a 13-Turn Reedy Ti Worlds Edition Motor in October and I haven`t seen what it can do in the Pro 4.

I`m 1 Hop-Up short of having a totally Hopped-Up TB Evo 5. That`s what I`m working on in the R.C. Car thing.

I`m worried that Shaft Drive Kits will be No More. There`s only 2 out there.....Tamiya`s and Kyosho`s. I`ll never go Belt Drive.....until.....

Take Care
Old 02-04-2007, 10:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Hi

I am having trouble with clicking noise on the front diff. Having to change a few bevel gear sets. I have left this car alone for awhile and is giving it a try again. I guess I am having trouble shimming the diff and is causing some wear on the bears. I am getting clicking sound on accleration and out of the corners. I examine the bevel gears but it does not seemed to be damaged. So I tried to adjust the number of shims. I did end up noticing that the diff gear may be warped. What do you suggest that I do? Can I use the gears if it does not appeared to be damaged? Getting frustrated!
Old 02-04-2007, 11:12 PM
Tech Regular

The diff gears are stuffed.

Often the gears will look perfect but it will still make the clicking noise under aceleration.
Replacing both fr diff gears usually fixes it.
When you shim it, add shims, pushing the gears tighter into mesh with each other until there is only a tiny bit of play when you rotate the fr outdrives back and forward.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yellowtaro
Hi

I am having trouble with clicking noise on the front diff. Having to change a few bevel gear sets. I have left this car alone for awhile and is giving it a try again. I guess I am having trouble shimming the diff and is causing some wear on the bears. I am getting clicking sound on accleration and out of the corners. I examine the bevel gears but it does not seemed to be damaged. So I tried to adjust the number of shims. I did end up noticing that the diff gear may be warped. What do you suggest that I do? Can I use the gears if it does not appeared to be damaged? Getting frustrated!
Regarding the clicking sound, check your front input shaft's spring pin.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Usually i find once the bevel gear is damaged you can see it. But check both the small and large bevel gears inside the diff. Usually smashing the front bevel gears is only a problem when you are running a one-way or spool so if you are not using either the problem is probably somewhere else.

Shimming the bevel gears is very important and soak the bevel gears in hot water before you install them.

Also check the cross joins in the universals (the part between the universal and axle) to make sure the pin hasnt come loose and is rubbing on the inside of the knuckle.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

It`s could be the Cross Pin inside the MIP CVD`s. From what you said it leads there.
-The Set Screw could have came loose and the Pin is sticking out.

Take Care
Old 02-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Thanks for all the inputs! I will check on all the items.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

pro 4 for sale,,,,needs radio gear,,,great car,,,lmk,,,,,[email protected]...
Old 02-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Wow this is a huge thread a quick question about the pro-4 is it a decent carpet car?I have the opprotunity to pick one up that has seen some asphalt racing and has a one way installed but I race mostly carpet.If I switch it over to foams and put a front diff in will it get around the rug as good as my tc4 team?thanks
Old 02-14-2007, 03:54 AM
Tech Elite

I dont race on carpet but i see no reason why the Pro 4 shouldnt be competitive. Compared to the TC4 most people will agree that the Pro 4 is the better car.

Belt drives are the rage these days as they are meant to handle better however if you are running foams on carpet that will be pretty high grip so the advantage of shaft drive (more efficient and immediate power) comes to the fore in spec motor classes.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey zx9crazy; the Pro 4 is a good Carpet Kit/Car also. But there is a separate Bottom Carbon Plate for Carpet Racing. The one you have now is for Asphalt.
-The TC4`s Chassis is good on Asphalt and Carpet.

Anyone know where I can get the 2.5mm Upper Deck(Item # 73109) for the Pro 4(besides the HPI site.....It looks like that`s the only place that have it so far).

Thanks

Take Care
Old 02-14-2007, 09:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I may have a new 3.0mm carpet chassis and 2.5mm upper deck for sale...
I'll look when when I get home tonight..
Old 02-14-2007, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood
Anyone know where I can get the 2.5mm Upper Deck(Item # 73109) for the Pro 4(besides the HPI site.....It looks like that`s the only place that have it so far).

Thanks

Take Care
Tower has a 2.5mm Upper Deck for the Pro4 but it's part #73082, if that helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.