Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey Zombie post some of you pic on the weight you put on your chassis. thanks
Old 07-03-2005, 11:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What kind of ballast do you all use? Lead tape?
-Josh
Old 07-03-2005, 01:49 PM
Tech Regular

ok folks heres teh scoop on teh weight.

in almost all situations your battery weighs more than everything on the right of the car (servo, rx, speedo, motor, part of motor mount to right of centerline, trans, etc). naturally you would like the weight distribution to be equal on both sides. this means that you need to add enough weight to make the right side weigh as much as the left side.
fortunately the pro4 is underweight and can be made even more underweight (lighter parts such as screws). unfortunately its prolly not underweight enough that you can get the car balanced.

in my case my car is underweight overall by just over 2oz, however the battery weighs about 3oz more than the right side stuff. so im still left with ~1oz of weight diff (which means left is .5oz heavy and right is .5oz light).

to add weight you should get strip wheel weight. the kind that are little squares all in a long strip. you should try to get as thin of weight as possible, but make sure that you have enuf room on the chassis for however much you need. i know it wont make much diff the thickness of it, but why not try to keep the cg that much lower?

if you already have your car put together and its not easy to take everything off to weigh it do something like has been previously mentioned, get golf tees or the hudy balance posts. weigh the car overall to see how much you are underweight so you dont go adding way too much lead. then put car on balance and add as much weight as you are underweight (ie your car is 2.5oz light, add 2.5oz to right side). then just double check that your car is still heavy on the left side. if you're lucky and the car is heavy on right side remove some weight from the right side and place it in the center until the car balances perfectly.

also you should take into consideration if possible front/back weight balance.

more than likely you wont be able to get car perfectly balanced and stay under weight, but im sure its possible if the CAR (not the electronics/battery) is light enuf.

keep in mind that the CAR itself should be almost perfectly balanced since the only things that arent symetric are the battery holdon (if any), the motor mount, and the servo mounts. everything else is balanced (diffs cancel each other out). so if you get lighter electronics you're not really helping out the weight balance since you're just removing weight from the side that needs more weight!

hope this isnt too confusing
Old 07-03-2005, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default pro4 user faq?

hey guys i have convenient (for me) hosting access so i was thinking of creating a pro4 frequently asked question page.

would any of you be willing to help? if so pm or email me.

seems like we're getting the same question over and over and over. obviously searching isnt convenient enuf so maybe a pro4 faq page would be.

yeah contact me if you're interested in answering questions, or have any info you feel should be on there, or any ideas.

more than likely i'll setup some simple wiki system where people can edit the information easily
Old 07-04-2005, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
Where have you been lately...it's been out for a couple of weeks now... Tower has them instock... $375 w/$25 discount code. $399 reg.

I posted some pics of the box and contexts a handful of pages back.
Ive been in nitro land. Good I just saw it as well. Gosh its tempting.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:36 PM
Tech Regular

Ok, so what is the difference between the pro4 hara and the pro4 2005 edition?
Old 07-04-2005, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

what are some stronger ball cups for the turnbuckles?
Old 07-04-2005, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Default carpet set up

I know you guys must get sick of this, but any set up hints for a pro4 running stock on carpet & foams ? my car is kit set up at present ( original kit not a v1.1 ) I have performed the upper deckmod, and fitted the aluminium camber plate, other wise car is original. Also, how do i work out rollout figures ? The track is in Australia, so I guess will be a little hard for you guys to perhaps know an ideal setting. Thanks
Old 07-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

here's what works for me now...i just had a fast guy look at my car and he put his own setups on it. So the main thing he did for me was to take out all pivot block spacers. My ride height is 5mm and droop is 6. That's just a general setup that worked for me.

this is for rubber though...but it might still work if your track is really smooth.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

uuummmmm,,,,the drive train can not get smooth....
how do you guys shim it ?? mine's not smooth at all eventhough I tried to shim so many time. it makes gear noise as well.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by josh69162
What kind of ballast do you all use? Lead tape?
-Josh
using the Xray lead weights.(long type)
approx. 1.25 oz screwed to the side of the motor. ( Xray weights )
another .75 oz on the side of the servo area. (stick on strip weights)

will post some pics later this evening.

Last edited by rc-zombies; 07-05-2005 at 09:50 AM.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Just purchased a PRO4 last night. Should get here soon. Cant wait to run it got a brand new shock motor and a battery pack waiting just for it.

What are some good rubber tires to run with these?
Old 07-05-2005, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Just purchased a PRO4 last night. Should get here soon. Cant wait to run it got a brand new shock motor and a battery pack waiting just for it.

What are some good rubber tires to run with these?
rubber tires...all depends on the track, surface, weather etc.
Sorex tires are popular with permant outdoor tracks..and Take Off/RP tires for parking lot tracks.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by axel
what are some stronger ball cups for the turnbuckles?
I use the HPI heavy duty cups, works great:

Old 07-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

The Pro4 has the smoothest drivetrain out of the box period,I would shim it per the manual,If it's making any type of noise I would look at the ring and pinion gears in the front oneway,I would bet you'll find a a few teeth missing on the ring gear.I own a few other shaft drive TC's and the only one that even comes close to the drivetrain of a Pro4 is the R3 Cuda and that was with alot of hop ups and alot of time.Look for other problems..like the gears or a bad bearing..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.