Originally posted by Super Steve
a cool link for pro 4 owners
http://www.rczone.net/modules.php?na...rticle&sid=432
looks similar to the 415..
hmm...Pro5 in the works?
Old 06-07-2004, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

yeah that did look semi simular to the 415 cept for the purple and minor things... that looked pretty cool, but why would they need a pro5 already when the pro4 is doing so well???
Old 06-07-2004, 08:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by JoshR 85
HeY!!!

yeah that did look semi simular to the 415 cept for the purple and minor things... that looked pretty cool, but why would they need a pro5 already when the pro4 is doing so well???
I think that proto was done as a one-of-a-kind and was being developed during the same time as the Pro4 proto.... as you can see with the 2002 report date...
Old 06-07-2004, 08:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by rc-zombies
looks similar to the 415..
hmm...Pro5 in the works?
The post was on October 23. It's a prototype pic of the Pro 4 not an upcoming Pro5.

I think he just posted it so that we could see what we might have gotten from HPI.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default Re: pro4 CVD's

Originally posted by rc_square24
ive measured the cvd bones of the pro4 to the pro2 front bones and they are about the same with 1-1.5 mm difference, never tried running them though, has anyonelse compared the 2?
They're the same, except for the fact that the Pro 4 drive pins (where they engage the outdrive) are much larger than the Pro 2. The Pro 4 pins look very similar to TC3 pins.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

IC IC o-well i thought it was like a prototype of pro 5 i was just kinda scanning the aricle not paying very close attention cept for certain things that kinda stood out...
Old 06-07-2004, 10:37 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by JoshR 85
HeY!!!

Thanx Troy and Hudy Winer for the info that i'll be needing prolly... so troy how's florida, i miss ya man no one to annoy not that i've been down on tues. lately though but soon i will and it will be so quite w/ out someone smart talking to anyone and everyone that says something to ya, and will you be back for Novak Race in Jan.???? hope your having some fun!!!
Ha..

Yeah, I'll be back for the Novak race, don't worry.

So far so good, and I'll probably start looking at racing here sometime next week. I'm just about all settled in, started work yesterday.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default look!

dude did ya'll guys notice how they took back some characteristics of the pro 3....y? the pro 4 has been doing really well i think they should be like associated and keep the design for a while
Old 06-07-2004, 11:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default good

good thing they changed it just imagine what that car would have been like for production
Old 06-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: look!

Originally posted by HuDy WiNnEr
dude did ya'll guys notice how they took back some characteristics of the pro 3....y? the pro 4 has been doing really well i think they should be like associated and keep the design for a while
Once again, that article is and old one in the period where the Pro 4 was being prototyped. It was also a one-off car just made by Andreas Myrberg. Obviously if the car is belt driven and the Pro 4 prototype was shaft the easiest thing to do was to use some Pro 3 bits for the drivetrain.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Update on the swaybar situation I found on my car. I had found that the set screws in the gearboxes were not at the right angle to limit the up and down movement of the bars. Well after taking them out and reinstalling them at an angle towards the gearbox which tightened up well on the bars, I removed any hint of looseness to the left. The car drove real easy and balanced!!! The car transitioned perfectly. If anybody does find that they have a weird left or right turn looseness in a tight corner and you feel the setup is correct, take the shocks off and lift each arm to see if the opposite side comes up at the same height or time as the other side does. I bet you will find that one side will raise 2-3mm higher than the other side does.
Old 06-07-2004, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Doug Gaut
I know that HPI has a plate coming out soon but as far as I know PRP is the only way you will get one before this coming weekend. Here is a link to PRP. Ben will get it out quick and you should have it before Friday easily. I got mine in four days mail and I think Bear got his in three days.

http://www.teamprpracing.com/

O yea, internal ratio is 2.4375.
Thats ok I'm not gonna be racing by this weekend anyways. If all goes well it'll be next weekend at the earliest Are you gonna be there? Cause I planned on driving up anyway just to check things out.
Old 06-07-2004, 03:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Doug Gaut
Update on the swaybar situation I found on my car. I had found that the set screws in the gearboxes were not at the right angle to limit the up and down movement of the bars. Well after taking them out and reinstalling them at an angle towards the gearbox which tightened up well on the bars, I removed any hint of looseness to the left. The car drove real easy and balanced!!! The car transitioned perfectly. If anybody does find that they have a weird left or right turn looseness in a tight corner and you feel the setup is correct, take the shocks off and lift each arm to see if the opposite side comes up at the same height or time as the other side does. I bet you will find that one side will raise 2-3mm higher than the other side does.
i might be wrong but wouldnt one side of the sus. will always be higher/lower than the other when you lift one side to have the other side rise cuz the sway bar will twist abit from the weight of the opposite sus.unit?

just wonderin
Old 06-07-2004, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

If it does not rain we will be up for the race S15racer.

Okay, maybe a better description is in order. I took the tires and shocks off the car. I took a rideheight gauge and slowly lifed the left arm till I saw the right arm start to raise and measured that height. Then I took the gauge to the right side and lifted the right arm till I saw the left arm start to raise and measured that height. When I was having some looseness turning left my left arm would raise at a height 3mm higher than when the right side would raise. Does that help? I found this on the rear. The front bars were okay and raised at the same time.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

troy good to hear your still alive.... yea its not the same, i have no one to ask for gear ratio's anymore lol cya soon

lazy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.