Wiki Posts
Search

SMC Lipos 7.4 5000mah

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 06:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC

It has never been my companies goals to bash other companies products.
What has Orion created ? They just use Kokam packs and market them. Last time I checked Kokam wasn't the leader in Lipo technology but you guys may want to believe all the hype.
Sorry I just found this funny as back to back posts.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

There is no problem for a regular style Lipo when used in the proper car/truck. I know this is an onroad forum where most of you run sedans but cam you stop and think that our Lipo pack was designed and built to fit in offroad cars/ trucks.

When we do come out with a Lipo pack in a hard case then you guys can pass on your proffesional comments.

As far as pricing goes last time I checked Horizon Hobby was selling our Lipo pack 15 dollars cheaper than the Orion 4800/20C pack. When I look at Lipo pricing capacity and C rate increases the price.
Um, Danny, cool your jets and look at my posts. I am not an Orion guy, I am a Maxamps guy. AND, $15 dollars cheaper for a soft pack w/o internal fusing will make some dudes wonder. Maxamps gives alternatives...such as higher C ratings and a BEVY of mah offerings. I work in marketing and if you are going to bring a product into the mix, you have to bring something that differentiates you from "the other guys". $15 less than Orion, soft case, no internal fuse AND exposed cells (blow up your own image) and maybe you can see where the doubt is cast. Again, steer your debate away from me and towards those who bash your product.

Last edited by bxpitbull; 09-25-2007 at 06:35 AM.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:28 AM
Tech Champion

You know actually there has been very little bashing of the actual product (except its lack of a hard-case which was address in the first couple pages of the thread). The only "bashing" seems to come from the lack of safety data/methodology being shared. For some reason SMC just ignores the requests for it.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by or8ital
The only "bashing" seems to come from the lack of safety data/methodology being shared. For some reason SMC just ignores the requests for it.
No, that doesn't sound like bashing at all.

Is it me or do the same 5 people keep posting on this thread?

A lot of what you are requesting is spelled out in detail in our two page instruction sheet that comes with every pack.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:46 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer

A lot of what you are requesting is spelled out in detail in our two page instruction sheet that comes with every pack.
Can you post it? I shouldnt have to learn about safety AFTER I bought the product. Can you answer the questions from my post a few posts ago (list of questions).

You should thank those 5 people. You said the more post the more you sold!
Old 09-25-2007, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

You can probably chalk it up to people that have used your sub c cells and want to give your lipos a shot.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Jack,
I just went to SMC's website and can't seem to find any information out about the packs. I now know how to treat your nimh cells as that information is readily available. Honestly there was no mention that I could find that you even have lipo packs unless I missed it. I guess I'm just at a loss as to why if this information is available on a piece of paper that it can't be available on the website/on request. Did someone lose the Word doc used to create that piece of paper included with the packs?
Old 09-25-2007, 06:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
You can probably chalk it up to people that have used your sub c cells and want to give your lipos a shot.
?
Old 09-25-2007, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

?
That statement was in response to your comment/question,"Is it me or do the same 5 people keep posting on this thread? "
Old 09-25-2007, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

No, it doesn't. It sounds like a simple request from people who are genuinely interested in finding out more about YOUR products. It sounds like people who are concerned about more than just battery performance and discharge rates. It sounds like thinking individuals who want to know what they are buying BEFORE they buy it.

And yet, you continue to insult our collective intelligence by trying to turn this entire thread into some kind of "attack SMC/JACO" stance when it's wholly not.

The results of this thread for anyone who has read it's entirety is that SMC and JACO either won't or can't supply buyers with any information about the specifics of their LiPo packs. And, regardless of the reasons, insist of berating those who are only asking for details. It's NOT too much to request, and yet it continues to be a sticking point for SMC and it's spokesmen.

In that, I'm disappointed in a company I had more respect for. In the future, I will make more of an effort to support other companies and individuals that are more concerned with their buyer's needs, wants and concerns, and doesn't brush off difficult questions with martyr groans of "public bashing."

That's just me—I could be wrong.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
No, it doesn't. It sounds like a simple request from people who are genuinely interested in finding out more about YOUR products. It sounds like people who are concerned about more than just battery performance and discharge rates. It sounds like thinking individuals who want to know what they are buying BEFORE they buy it.

And yet, you continue to insult our collective intelligence by trying to turn this entire thread into some kind of "attack SMC/JACO" stance when it's wholly not.
Hammer, nail, head...

One thing the LiPo faithful should be mindful of is the outright negativity toward Chinese sources. A lot of reputable companies source their LiPos from China (Apple's iPhone, for example), and that's a device where the thing can't even be replaced. Linger has stated in the past that he's visited Chinese factories that are very close in quality to those found in Korea and Japan. Just something to keep in mind, because Danny's point about people being negative toward anything that isn't Enerland/Kokam/Saehan is pretty accurate.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed

The results of this thread for anyone who has read it's entirety is that SMC and JACO either won't or can't supply buyers with any information about the specifics of their LiPo packs. And, regardless of the reasons, insist of berating those who are only asking for details. It's NOT too much to request, and yet it continues to be a sticking point for SMC and it's spokesmen.

In that, I'm disappointed in a company I had more respect for. In the future, I will make more of an effort to support other companies and individuals that are more concerned with their buyer's needs, wants and concerns, and doesn't brush off difficult questions with martyr groans of "public bashing."

That's just me—I could be wrong.
What does JACO have to do with this?
Old 09-25-2007, 07:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

That statement was in response to your comment/question,"Is it me or do the same 5 people keep posting on this thread? "
Hey, good one! Glad I'm wrong about the bashing. I must just be paranoid.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

What does JACO have to do with this?
I beleive he was talking about the negativity of the SMC management which is similar to the Jaco management, is it not?
Old 09-25-2007, 07:53 AM
Tech Champion

Hey, good one! Glad I'm wrong about the bashing. I must just be paranoid.
Its sad that people asking for more information about your product (safety, performance, etc) is seen by you as bashing.

SMC target customers:

sheep
noun1. woolly usually horned ruminant mammal related to the goat 2. a timid defenseless simpleton who is readily preyed upon 3. a docile and vulnerable person who would rather follow than make an independent decision; "his students followed him like sheep"
WordNet® 3.0, © 2006 by Princeton University.

Last edited by or8ital; 09-25-2007 at 08:03 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.