Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

GM Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 12:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Forgot to mention, I am running 5.5 fdr. My friend is running 4.9 fdr with same setup and we still have smae top speed.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sonter
Forgot to mention, I am running 5.5 fdr. My friend is running 4.9 fdr with same setup and we still have smae top speed.
Hi Martin or anyone else as my friend Ian (Sonter) was saying we had a test today. I just took the reading from my speedo too and my motor temp went up to 91 deg since i incresed fixed tming to 25 and max timing to 26. At 4.9 fdr the motor isnt kind of maxing out (no screaming noise) at the end of the 150ft straight. Do you think i should leave gearing as is and increase timing further or maybe drop a pinion.

I also noticed that the rpm reading after increasing timing has dropped from 40k to 37k on the following run is that an indication that im over geared maybe?

Great speedo love playing around with this software and settings
Old 11-11-2010, 12:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pro Models
Hi Martin or anyone else as my friend Ian (Sonter) was saying we had a test today. I just took the reading from my speedo too and my motor temp went up to 91 deg since i incresed fixed tming to 25 and max timing to 26. At 4.9 fdr the motor isnt kind of maxing out (no screaming noise) at the end of the 150ft straight. Do you think i should leave gearing as is and increase timing further or maybe drop a pinion.

I also noticed that the rpm reading after increasing timing has dropped from 40k to 37k on the following run is that an indication that im over geared maybe?

Great speedo love playing around with this software and settings
5.5 is definately undergeared, 4.9 sounds more like it.
the motor shall NEVER scream! more rpm means more heat! and less power and punch!!!!
so always go for the hardest gearing you can without the thorttle efeling getting spongy

91° sounds like you have left the motor temp cut-off at 100°C? there's a reason why I said set it to 115 for the gm motor ...

@ sonter, I hope you realize that you have to push the button shortly after each run beore switching off the speedo in order to have it save the motor temperature !

how much fixed timing are you running?

I think you should try gearing harder aswell.

if you have "highspeedtiming with switchpoint" ticked, try unticking it.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:03 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Martin tks for the reply.

My temp cut off is set at 115 as you suggested. Would you see an advantage if i had to increase the the timing up another step? All I'm after is slightly more punch out of the corners.

As regards to Sonters settings i can tell you that his fixed timing is set to 27 and max to 28.

Tks Gus

Originally Posted by Martin Hofer
5.5 is definately undergeared, 4.9 sounds more like it.
the motor shall NEVER scream! more rpm means more heat! and less power and punch!!!!
so always go for the hardest gearing you can without the thorttle efeling getting spongy

91° sounds like you have left the motor temp cut-off at 100°C? there's a reason why I said set it to 115 for the gm motor ...

@ sonter, I hope you realize that you have to push the button shortly after each run beore switching off the speedo in order to have it save the motor temperature !

how much fixed timing are you running?

I think you should try gearing harder aswell.

if you have "highspeedtiming with switchpoint" ticked, try unticking it.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:15 AM
Tech Master

ok then you can easily increase fixed timing further.

and as I said if you have HST with switchpoint ticked, try unticking it
Old 11-11-2010, 01:45 AM
Tech Regular

Yep im running with that unticked to get the most out of it. I will increase fixed timing and share results.

Thanks for your help as always.

ok then you can easily increase fixed timing further.

and as I said if you have HST with switchpoint ticked, try unticking it
Old 11-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Hi,

had a problem with GM75 and I had to reset it, do I use 4 kc or 4 kc with adjustable current drain limit ?

Thanks.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi all,

I am new to GM and i would like to know if I can upgrade any genius 90 or 120 to the latest software?

Is the 2010 version improved in terms of track performance? And how can i differenciate it from the former versions? They seem to look the same to me.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:15 AM
Tech Master

always with adjustable current drain

the old version has got the caps directly on the curcuit board, a different switch and no laser engravement on the case

the 2010 version is userupdateable, the old one only by gm.

the new one is faster and features a smart tempprotection for MOTOR and speedo
Old 11-15-2010, 04:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Anyone know what degree each hole on the endbell changes the timing on the GM motors?
Old 11-16-2010, 03:13 AM
Tech Initiate

always with adjustable current drain

the old version has got the caps directly on the curcuit board, a different switch and no laser engravement on the case

the 2010 version is userupdateable, the old one only by gm.

the new one is faster and features a smart tempprotection for MOTOR and speedo
Thanks.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:06 AM
Tech Initiate

will be getting my GM 75 soon.

I borrowed a GM90 off my friend to race at ardent on sunday and it was ballistic and the motor temp was 55 degrees.

running 10.5 stock with 116/27. so much speed !
Old 11-16-2010, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

are you guys racing in cold climates?

reason I ask is, I can run my tekin and HW speedies 20-30c cooler than with the GM. Sometimes I need to back off the GM so much when ambient temp is >25c that I will be better off with the tekin/HW.

still nothing is smoother delivery than the GM however.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

what class / motors are you talking about?

We've been racing in Heemsteede the last summer. 30+°C. 4.5T motors. 115+km/h topend and still no heat issue really.
I think if it survived that (180° hairpin at the end of the straightaway) it will literally survive everything!

the internal temp figure will always be higher as it is measured more properly and closer to the fets than a tempgun ever could measure
Old 11-16-2010, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

what class / motors are you talking about?

We've been racing in Heemsteede the last summer. 30+°C. 4.5T motors. 115+km/h topend and still no heat issue really.
I think if it survived that (180° hairpin at the end of the straightaway) it will literally survive everything!

the internal temp figure will always be higher as it is measured more properly and closer to the fets than a tempgun ever could measure

I temp my motors manually so I can compare with different speedies. The GM is still my pick as its so smooth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.