Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Old 09-22-2010, 12:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by housey
You should come all the time man, its an ace facility, mind you, if moto is your regular place then I suppose anywhere else will be like a crap hole
No way Ardent is a top Facility, Wodson is ace and Silverstone would be world class if the track markings were better. Anyways back on topic!!!
Old 09-22-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Martin!

I wonder how this engine (sport 9.5t, 6554) can work with lrp 80750 (modified speedo ...) on 6.6V.

I ask because my friend want get some gm engine and maybe this one will be better, because we can get more torque then revs from this power plant with this old speedo ...

Can you tell me what rotor it has (diameter) and how it feel, it is easy to spin or you feel that it has small gap between rotor and winding and it holds strong.

Thanks for advice!

m.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

I may have missed this in other posts but i am having a little trouble with my gm 120 7.2 software in my gt pan car.

I am running 1s and 10.5 gm motor with a reciever pack, and the car cuts out. lipo voltage is 3v. i have been told of an issue of them cutting out but i was wondering if there is a way round this, etc.

many thanks in advance
Old 09-22-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jamesalex
I may have missed this in other posts but i am having a little trouble with my gm 120 7.2 software in my gt pan car.

I am running 1s and 10.5 gm motor with a reciever pack, and the car cuts out. lipo voltage is 3v. i have been told of an issue of them cutting out but i was wondering if there is a way round this, etc.

many thanks in advance

Set cutt of to 2.1V or the lowest value

I have same problem with gm 95
It goes to ~3.1-3.0V and it cut of ... even if you set 2.1V

Or switch to V2 speedo, there is new electronics and it works (especially
when you need power on 1S in stock ;-) )

Regards!
M.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:45 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz
Hi Martin!

I wonder how this engine (sport 9.5t, 6554) can work with lrp 80750 (modified speedo ...) on 6.6V.

I ask because my friend want get some gm engine and maybe this one will be better, because we can get more torque then revs from this power plant with this old speedo ...

Can you tell me what rotor it has (diameter) and how it feel, it is easy to spin or you feel that it has small gap between rotor and winding and it holds strong.

Thanks for advice!

m.
I just know the 13.5T version of the Sport motor and this uses 12mm rotor from my knowledge but I think all motors from this type are the same just difference in winding/turns. Overall this type of motor has more revs and more torque than the other GM motors. Because of different construction of this motor itŽs nearly impossible turning the rotor just with the fingers despite the fact itŽs a small 12mm rotor.
IŽm using a LRP 80700 ESC what is nearly the same as 80750 and usually thatŽs a big disadvantage these days. But I have to say with such type of motor this works very well with the old LRP ESC also those motors donŽt need as much turbo/boost as usual motors if any.

IŽm not using 6.6V LiFe battery but 2S Lipo but I think should work also.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by V12
I just know the 13.5T version of the Sport motor and this uses 12mm rotor from my knowledge but I think all motors from this type are the same just difference in winding/turns. Overall this type of motor has more revs and more torque than the other GM motors. Because of different construction of this motor itŽs nearly impossible turning the rotor just with the fingers despite the fact itŽs a small 12mm rotor.
IŽm using a LRP 80700 ESC what is nearly the same as 80750 and usually thatŽs a big disadvantage these days. But I have to say with such type of motor this works very well with the old LRP ESC also those motors donŽt need as much turbo/boost as usual motors if any.

IŽm not using 6.6V LiFe battery but 2S Lipo but I think should work also.
As long as there is n limitation on motors always go for the Graupner Sport motors 65xx numbers. These are by far the fastest motors out there

the magnet is 12.5mm but to be fair it does not matter as no other magnet even fits into that motor.

They react quite a lot to a proper speedo / setting and expecially the gen2 speedo makes it go ballistic! but they are ok with old speedos aswell.
generally the new speedo is definately just faster.

don't care about the numbers posted on the website of any manufacturer! in fact the graupner motors do have more rpm than the gm ones even though you cannot turn it by hand and they got super much torque.
This is just down to the way they are built! BUT
you need to gear them really hard compared to other motors
so if you'd gear a gm / speedpassion motor 5.5 you need to gear the graupner one 4.7!
Old 09-23-2010, 01:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for replay!

Now maybe my friend will save some money and this winter season drive
on old speedo and learn how to set tc car (driving truggy 1/8).

Now Martin, this sport engines are outlaw?
On gm site is that they are DMC/EFRA legal, so why you Martin wrote
that you can use them when track/event rules are not restricted?

What is the problem ?

Regards!
m.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Martin, will the gm speed controls be roar legal in the future?

reason I ask is the new rules next year in Australia is for roar legal speed controls only for stock class, even though the GM has a flashing light, its still not technically 'legal' for use.

Last edited by hacker; 09-25-2010 at 03:15 AM.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

feck me my car was fast, scary fast compared with the stock settings i was running.

Now using the stock settings Martin suggested, how do i slow it down a touch and make the throttle a bit smoother.
And my brakes were not that great either.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hacker
Martin, will the gm speed controls be roar legal in the future?

reason I ask is the new rules next year in Australia is for roar legal speed controls only for stock class, even though the GM has a flashing light, its still not technically 'legal' for use.
I send this question to Ralf (GM tech guy) some weeks ago, and he answered to me that, he wait for replay from ROAR ...

Maybe ROAR wants money or new moon light or whatever ...

Maybe you should update ROAR rules for yours local options, if speedo is
0 timing when set is right :-) then just allow it to Australia

Regards!
M
Old 09-26-2010, 10:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Firmware upgrade

Hey Martin

I'm having a problem with upgrading my firmware. I have read all the instructions but have failed every time.

When I'm pressing the set-button and then presses the USB-adaptor nothing happens. I have tried a million times. At a race I borrowed another cable from another guy and it worked. So I guess it's my cable thats off. I can read and change the values in the speedo and it works fine. So the connection is there, I just can't upgrade the firmware.

Have you had this problem or is it just a defective reset-button???

Best regards
Søren
Old 09-26-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ssoslot
Hey Martin

I'm having a problem with upgrading my firmware. I have read all the instructions but have failed every time.
Søren
Sounds like the same problem i had. This worked for me.

Originally Posted by Martin Hofer
for new series speedos (laserprinted case) you need to use the upgrader instructions for "new bootloader"!

Bootloader 5 (the current one) features a writing protection to make sure the speedo cannot produce errors itself, which means for updating you have to do the following:

open upgrader
browse for firmware
make sure comport is correct
connect usb wire to speedo
push and hold the set button on the speedo
click program
push the button on the usb dongle
see the program doing it's job
when it's doing "flash programming xx%" you can release the set button of the speedo
Old 09-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the fast reply, Andy. It doesn't work yet, alltough it did do something. The upgrade program gives some feedback but I don't understand it. Maybe somebody can help:
Attached Thumbnails GM Brushless-problem-med-opgradering.jpg  
Old 09-26-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ssoslot
Thanks for the fast reply, Andy. It doesn't work yet, alltough it did do something. The upgrade program gives some feedback but I don't understand it. Maybe somebody can help:

Question is from WHICH software you update to V13?

If from 11* or something under 12, just update to 12 and then to 13.

That was my case ...

good luck!
m.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.