Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Jason, I am one of the customers at RCHobbies in Jonesboro, anxiously awaiting the arrival of the DB12R's. I was just curious if they were able to be shipped today and/or if you thought we would have them by Friday so that we can get them put together for our first points series race on Sunday? Thanks in advance.

Zach
Old 07-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by chris moore
How about a pic of the layout you came up with.
Well as you can see there still is some work to do on it but here it is.
Attached Thumbnails BMI's DB12R-gregbmi.jpg  
Old 07-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zdiddy
Jason, I am one of the customers at RCHobbies in Jonesboro, anxiously awaiting the arrival of the DB12R's. I was just curious if they were able to be shipped today and/or if you thought we would have them by Friday so that we can get them put together for our first points series race on Sunday? Thanks in advance.

Zach
Keep em crossed!
Old 07-10-2008, 03:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I am hoping to have the order shipped today. I will see about expedited shipping.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just let us know! Thanks again Jason.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Well as you can see there still is some work to do on it but here it is.
you may want to place the cap on the right btwn the rcvr and servo. it should balance the car better. also you should try running the motor wires under the tubes as they may make contact with the body if you take them over the top. if I can figure out how I'll post a pic of my layout when I get home.

E
Old 07-10-2008, 03:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by EricF
you may want to place the cap on the right btwn the rcvr and servo. it should balance the car better. also you should try running the motor wires under the tubes as they may make contact with the body if you take them over the top. if I can figure out how I'll post a pic of my layout when I get home.

E
I thought about both of those but with the size of the reciever I just didn't like putting the cap over there. I've tried under the tubes but I find that ran that way it either binds on the batts or makes the batts too difficult to remove. I've ran them over before and so long as they are lower then the ball cup on the shock they usually clear just fine. If you look a few pages back you'll see on my car I'm actually running the wires under the battery. I'll be testing that this weekend to see if it effect the tweak of the car or not. If not I may re-wire his car to match mine...I just didn't want to go replacing out all his stock wires.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

dont worry thats a bmi this car u dont have to worry about the tweak put a battery and motor and let the car do its work

I thought about both of those but with the size of the reciever I just didn't like putting the cap over there. I've tried under the tubes but I find that ran that way it either binds on the batts or makes the batts too difficult to remove. I've ran them over before and so long as they are lower then the ball cup on the shock they usually clear just fine. If you look a few pages back you'll see on my car I'm actually running the wires under the battery. I'll be testing that this weekend to see if it effect the tweak of the car or not. If not I may re-wire his car to match mine...I just didn't want to go replacing out all his stock wires.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigPapa
dont worry thats a bmi this car u dont have to worry about the tweak put a battery and motor and let the car do its work
Na. It doesn't tweak as long as the pod is free. I rewired my car before I went to the Indoor Champs in Cleveland and I was like WTF because my car was driving with a tweak... I looked at the wires and they were too tight going to the pod. I fixed it and it was driving like a dream. 2 runs later I hack myself into the wall in the sweeper and break the lower pod plate and have to run the CRC. Don't worry Jason, I have spares this time so I will put her into the A this year (I wish).
Old 07-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BigPapa
I know...I've been driving one 6 months now and been following the car since it's prototype days. However...even though you don't set tweak in the car you can still induce tweak by building it improperly.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RCSteve93
Na. It doesn't tweak as long as the pod is free. I rewired my car before I went to the Indoor Champs in Cleveland and I was like WTF because my car was driving with a tweak... I looked at the wires and they were too tight going to the pod. I fixed it and it was driving like a dream. 2 runs later I hack myself into the wall in the sweeper and break the lower pod plate and have to run the CRC. Don't worry Jason, I have spares this time so I will put her into the A this year (I wish).
Are you running the batteries all the in the rear position or more foward. I've noticed that with the batteries all the way to the rear the wires seem to pinch between the damper tubes and the battery. I'd prefer not to risk that.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:27 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up good luck this year :D

as long as the pod is free I rewired my car (od racing 16 awg i dont have any issues wow break the lower pod plate good luck this year

Originally Posted by RCSteve93
Old 07-10-2008, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

You could use 16 gauge TQ Draggin wire to eliminate a possible tweak from the wiring.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Tech Champion

For those who know the GTB better thank I...I'm really not liking how thick the wires are leading to the cap...It makes it a real pain to place the cap where I like. Will it effect the performance noticably if I put a Dean's connector on it to make wiring easier or if I change out the wires to 16awg like the rest of the wires?
Old 07-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

are you running carpet or asphalt?

Are you running the batteries all the in the rear position or more foward. I've noticed that with the batteries all the way to the rear the wires seem to pinch between the damper tubes and the battery. I'd prefer not to risk that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.