Wiki Posts
Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 06:23 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
cheston - who makes pink fronts? u don't think jack does?

is anyone going to the asphalt nats? I'm thinking about it but up in the air over which classes to run. stock might be kinda boring on a big outdoor track. and then again I might not be ready for mod.
If you have never un mod then i would just go with stock. You can gear the piss out of it if you drive smooth enough lines and keep the corner speed up

I wish i could make it out there. If you do go shoot me an email at [email protected] and i will send you a real good high traction asphalt setup.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:24 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Warren Weaver
THERE IS ONLY ONE 12TH SCALE BMI DB12R
OH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
WEAVERNATOR OUT
ps looks like i will finaly run it this weekend
Let me know how it goes bro.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

work was so busy this winter season i didnt get to run much but i am back in full swing cant wait to run it outdoors to.
talk to you soon
warren
Old 03-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Tech Lord

Cool. I am not running the 12R this weekend. I am going to do some last minute testing with the 10R to really nail it down on a real huge fast moving 1/8th scale track. The regular tracks have been done. Its this 1 big a$$ track that i feel i didnt get the car just right on. I am determined to do this this weekend so i needed no distractions.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
Your too much rick
You got pm.....
Old 03-24-2008, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChestyV32
Rcsteve- regardless what you do unless you run extremely high ride height your chasssis is going to get scratched its ok that just means your chassis is rollin lol and is the asphalt going to be treated cause if it is then i suggest startin with the stock setup and just some pink tires front and rear
hope this helps
Cheston
Thanks. I will get some tires and a chassis protector then. I will also ask around the track to but more than half the guys at the track haven't ran asphalt either.

Cheston, He will be running on asphalt with carpet traction. I think your carpet setup will work well. Run the .018 front springs to help keep the car more level and go to the angled servo. Will you be running stock or 19 turn?
Yeah I guess thats what you can call it because traction will be real consistent and high cause it is indoors. I will get that stuff tomorrow hopefully, and I have 2 cars, 1 for stock and 1 for 19t, but the 19t one is yet to hit the track... and the barriers.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
cheston - who makes pink fronts? u don't think jack does?

is anyone going to the asphalt nats? I'm thinking about it but up in the air over which classes to run. stock might be kinda boring on a big outdoor track. and then again I might not be ready for mod.
I will be at asphalt nats this year runnin either 1/12 stock or 19 not sure yet and also runnin a tourin class so i cant wait should be fun
Old 03-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Cheston, He will be running on asphalt with carpet traction. I think your carpet setup will work well. Run the .018 front springs to help keep the car more level and go to the angled servo. Will you be running stock or 19 turn?

Cheston, come out to ronnies this weekend. I will let you run my 1/12th car with the new springs on it. The car is so dialed. I ran 19 turn on a huge fast and flowing track. Not 1 scratch on the bottom of the chassis. The car worked really well. I will also have the new springs finished so you can pick em up.
Hey J im not going to be able to make it this weekend im going to visit UNF this weekend but yea i need to make an order with you before my next race
Old 03-24-2008, 07:34 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by RCSteve93
Thanks. I will get some tires and a chassis protector then. I will also ask around the track to but more than half the guys at the track haven't ran asphalt either.

Yeah I guess thats what you can call it because traction will be real consistent and high cause it is indoors. I will get that stuff tomorrow hopefully, and I have 2 cars, 1 for stock and 1 for 19t, but the 19t one is yet to hit the track... and the barriers.
For stock I would start with 2x pink rears and lilac front and 19 turn i would start with 2 x pink front and rears. Cut them down to carpet size also if you have traction roll problems.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:39 AM
Tech Champion

Eventually you'll find even the chassis protector is not worth the hassle. Vets have learned to get used to a scratched chassis on asphault. In 1/12th you'll be often tweaking and checking to make sure screws are tight and the protector just gets in the way.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:21 AM
Tech Addict

who makes the chassis protector? i guess ill be running on the asphalt at 360 as well this summer, if i have time, or ele, ill just wait until we go to carpet.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:37 AM
Tech Champion

Team Associated makes one
Old 03-25-2008, 10:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Jason or Adrian,
Sometime in May, 360 Speedway is pulling up the carpet and going to do asphalt over the summer. It is real smooth indoor track. Never run on either. Should I just start with the starting set up or would you suggest something other wise. I want to get an idea of the tires I will need and stuff. Also should I run a chassis protector or something to protect it from getting scratched or on a smooth asphalt track you wouldn't need that? Thanks alot,
Jason should be able to get info from Mike Herald Junior and Senior on a good setup for you. They run at Frederick, Md's indoor asphalt track. Their car's are dailed.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SRW141
Jason should be able to get info from Mike Herald Junior and Senior on a good setup for you. They run at Frederick, Md's indoor asphalt track. Their car's are dailed.
Like Steve says, the Heralds have the DB12R dialed in on asphalt and I race with them at the C and used a simular setup as they do. Start with this....

Purples in front and Yellows in rear
Thick flex plates
Red or bronze spring on shock
Battery placement all the way back.
Ride height : 4.5 in front and 5 in rear
Servo mounted flat
Old 03-26-2008, 03:13 AM
Tech Lord

Hey Rick,

Have Mike call me on monday. I want to go over a few new things with him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.