Search

Speedpassion Brushless.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SWTour
CONTROLLED RULES!

We're going into NEW territory for OVAL racing - and the one thing I plan to do is tread slowly into some of the new ground so things with the NEW direction don't get as SCREWED UP as things were in the OLD DIRECTION!

Having many, many, many, many options doesn't make for GOOD CLEAN TIGHT RACING....and can be a TECH CREW Nightmare.

I'm only interested in GOOD RACING - Take the wonder of "IF" somebody is beating the other guy because of his equipment OUT of the equation...and the racing instantly becomes a little better. Put everyone in the SAME equipment - and racing ...TRUE PURE racing... becomes a LOT better.

Our races have become better since we made the switch, and more important...our racers have been HAPPIER! That says a lot, cause our racers sometimes are not easy to please.
Great Answer.

Good move. Hard core honesty rules.

jacko
Old 01-02-2008, 10:12 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SWTour
CONTROLLED RULES!

We're going into NEW territory for OVAL racing - and the one thing I plan to do is tread slowly into some of the new ground so things with the NEW direction don't get as SCREWED UP as things were in the OLD DIRECTION!

Having many, many, many, many options doesn't make for GOOD CLEAN TIGHT RACING....and can be a TECH CREW Nightmare.

I'm only interested in GOOD RACING - Take the wonder of "IF" somebody is beating the other guy because of his equipment OUT of the equation...and the racing instantly becomes a little better. Put everyone in the SAME equipment - and racing ...TRUE PURE racing... becomes a LOT better.

Our races have become better since we made the switch, and more important...our racers have been HAPPIER! That says a lot, cause our racers sometimes are not easy to please.
I take it that everyone runs the same brand cars, tires, lipos and same gearing as well. Don't help to limit brand of speedo choice and motor choice and not limit everything else. Not all cars are equal so equipment would still play a part if you don't limit everything.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
Yea, that will be fun Jaybee, keep up the good work. It's good reading about you and Ritchie and everything that your learning about the BL stuff. When I do start running again it might take a wee bit of time to get up to speed. It looks like I have a bunch of new stuff to learn. See you soon.

Steve
naw its like that guy on tv says "set it, and forget it". for me, i find a gear where the motor preforms the best, and that means trying different size gears within the same ratio.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:44 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I'm going to tattoo 9.5 on JB's head
Old 01-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Why is it sensored speedo's only? Sensorless is suppose to suck so why worry if a guy runs a sensorless speedo? Never thought racing would be setup by what brand speedo you run.
Here's why...

I am not aware of any sensorless motors that comply with the current rules.

I am also not ware of a sensorless controller that performs well enough with legal motors at start up to race with sensored controllers.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Can guys post what settings they are running on the SP GT w/ a SP 10.5R.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
You're like putting the cart before the horse, ain't cha? You gotta catch me first How about a 6.5 too

Last edited by JayBee; 01-02-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

How about 2.5, that'll catch you

Originally Posted by JayBee
You're like putting the cart before the horse, ain't cha? You gotta catch me first How about a 6.5 too
Old 01-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I take it that everyone runs the same brand cars, tires, lipos and same gearing as well. Don't help to limit brand of speedo choice and motor choice and not limit everything else. Not all cars are equal so equipment would still play a part if you don't limit everything.
Not quite true - because the cars and tires are pretty equal already and w/o being brand specific they are built to pretty much the same specs (believe me - if they weren't I'd be CONTROLLING THEM too) and the LIPO's we allow WE do control (ONLY 3200 Carbon Edition ORIONS for '08)

If others MFG a 2s-1p cased LIPO in the Mah range we have selected...and the size fits within the general size of that battery, we'll evaluate it during the '08 season for consideration in '09. We spent MUCH of '07 testing stuff that was AVAILABLE to use in our '08 classes, and testing was completed late Sept. early Oct. and the products for '08 were locked in at that time to allow the racers enough time to make the transition before the first event in Feb. 08.

Several other clubs, tracks and groups have also adopted the same rules package or something VERY VERY close to help get racers on the same page...

LIKE it or DON'T like it... ALL of the racers who have participated have agreed - THE RACING IS BETTER - and a good number of them have stated THEY ARE ENJOYING THE RACING MORE NOW than they have over the past 15+ years of "Product Wars"
Old 01-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Does anyone know the weight of a GT ESC, with or without wires.

Skiddins
Old 01-02-2008, 03:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

46 grams WITH capacitor and NO wires
Old 01-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
He already has that tattoo on his back, just above his belt line.

And how do I know?
Saw it when he bent over the track to fluff my foams, he does like to put on a show!!!!!

Old 01-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
Can guys post what settings they are running on the SP GT w/ a SP 10.5R.
The GT default settings seem to be the best place to start. Everyone that started with low timing and punch was slow. Everyone than just threw it in and ran it was fast.

This speedo is not a GTB or Sphere. Don't assume anything as far as what settings will mimic a Novak or LRP speedo.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The GT fit real nice in my 1/12th car.
Attached Thumbnails Speedpassion Brushless.-brushless-1.jpg   Speedpassion Brushless.-brushless-2.jpg  
Old 01-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
The GT default settings seem to be the best place to start. Everyone that started with low timing and punch was slow. Everyone than just threw it in and ran it was fast.

This speedo is not a GTB or Sphere. Don't assume anything as far as what settings will mimic a Novak or LRP speedo.
So you are saying start with the GT settings straight out of the box to start with? If so I guess I will hit 'reset' on the handheld and go from there.

Jason nice SP DB.

Sorry I didn't call you guys. I'm on vacay and was running around. I'll try and get a hold of you tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.