Wiki Posts
Search

Speedpassion Brushless.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ian S
What timing has everyone been running on the GT with a speedpassion 3.5? I ran mine for the first time last night on 18.75, the motor on B, geared 9.8 on a fairly large indoor track and was supprisingly close to dumping my ib4600's.
i run mine at Zero timing(on motor and esc) and its plenty fast!! I may try level 1 tomorow and see. Im geared at a 9.49fdr with the 3.5( with lipo)
Old 01-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
whats the difference between advanced timing on the motor itself vs. in the software of the speed control? is 18.75 on the motor the same as 18.75 in the sofware? and at the same time... is say 5 deg on the motor and 13.75 in the software the same as both of the other options?
motor timing set to zero all the way. Software timing of the ESC is use to suitable different brand of brushless motor.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
whats the difference between advanced timing on the motor itself vs. in the software of the speed control? is 18.75 on the motor the same as 18.75 in the sofware? and at the same time... is say 5 deg on the motor and 13.75 in the software the same as both of the other options?
The motors can be constructed in more simple and easy to service way. The SP motors are the easiest BL motors to take apart, service or repair on the market.

Speedo timing and motor timing accomplish the same thing. Having it at the speedo give you a more precise and repatable adjustment. It also enables future features like on the fly variable timing to optimize power output per given throttle position. The Heli and Plane BL speedos already do this.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
The motors can be constructed in more simple and easy to service way. The SP motors are the easiest BL motors to take apart, service or repair on the market.
So true; these beauts are pieces of art!
Old 01-18-2008, 10:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The ability to remove the entire sensor board is quite nice. I'd much rather keep an extra one of those around than a whole spare motor. I'm becoming a believer in exposing the stator under a center ring (ala Novak) so you can stick a heat sink there.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
The ability to remove the entire sensor board is quite nice. I'd much rather keep an extra one of those around than a whole spare motor. I'm becoming a believer in exposing the stator under a center ring (ala Novak) so you can stick a heat sink there.
Yeah, there is no reason to ever send it in for service. You can fix everything on a Speed Passion yourself.

With LRP and Novak motors swapping rotors is dangerous. If you mess up and let the rotor slam into the motor without having the end line up to go in the back bearing you call break a hall sensor and then you have to send the motor back.

With the SP motors you take out 3 screws, pull the end bells off and the motor is in 3 pieces. The rotor will stick inside the stator. Pull it out carefully then insert a new one, put on the rear bell then the front bell, put in the screws and you are all set. You just can't damage the hall sensor that way.

If the hall sensor gets damaged somehow you can take it out of the rear bell with 3 screws and put a new one in yourself. No soldering, not little wires.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yeah, I have to agree. Novak likes to complain about Feigao copying them, but they made a lot of nice changes in the process.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hello

I have som questions...

Does the GT esc have reverse?

And is there anyone who run Orion Vortex motors with the SP GT esc?

Regards
Jimmy
Old 01-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by h8kid
Hello

I have som questions...

Does the GT esc have reverse?

And is there anyone who run Orion Vortex motors with the SP GT esc?

Regards
Jimmy
Reverse for brush motor mode only. It is very linear and efficiency when run Orion Vortex motors with SP GT esc.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Jan Larsen
Has anyone run the 2.5 yet? How does it compare to the 3,5's from other companies like LRP, Novak, Orion etc?

Well I am currently racing with a 2.5 (5cell 3200) I think its insane,

The down side on runnning a 2.5 is its too insane and you have to be very easy on the power so that you dont run out of juice, and the 2.5 also means alot of diff rebuilding

But the good things about this motor is I am as fast as a 3.5 motor running 6cell! (remember I am running 5cell)

I would only use this motor if you have a good set-up for the track and your an experienced driver other wise you will have too many problems you might not be able to fix. and that causes frustration and unhappiness.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

just got back from a weekend race we had around here, ran the SP bl speedo with an orion 3.5 then tried a lrp 4.0, orion motor had way more power on the bottom and a hair more on the top, the lrp was really linear, but the Sp bl was really smooth and had a brushed feel, really impressed
Old 01-22-2008, 05:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=25657
Old 01-22-2008, 05:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Kirby Masterman
Well I am currently racing with a 2.5 (5cell 3200) I think its insane,

The down side on runnning a 2.5 is its too insane and you have to be very easy on the power so that you dont run out of juice, and the 2.5 also means alot of diff rebuilding

But the good things about this motor is I am as fast as a 3.5 motor running 6cell! (remember I am running 5cell)

I would only use this motor if you have a good set-up for the track and your an experienced driver other wise you will have too many problems you might not be able to fix. and that causes frustration and unhappiness.
How is the Speedpassion GT speedo in general?, No thermaling issues?
Old 01-22-2008, 08:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thread Closed,

Please us this one

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=200179