Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity goes EP!! Wh00t!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tallyrc
novak announced in another thread that they are developin a "spec speed" motor like a 17.5 that will probably allow 12th scale guys to run 7.4v with similar speeds to what some classes of 12th run now.. now fit issues in 12th are another issue..
That's one way to fix the problem of voltage differential, and I like that a whole lot better than the "voltage regulator/limiter" ideas that have been tossed around in other threads.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

the guys from the SWTOUR have been testing it in 4 cell oval..
Old 06-27-2007, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

off topic, but just for reference.. novak says you can even order one now for fun..
Novak will soon be offering a 17.5T motor for spec racing----SW Tour (ARCOR) has been testing. The motor can be built as an EX (bonded rotor) or an SS Pro (sintered rotor). We can upload the motors to Shopatron anytime if clubs or tracks are interested in trying them out.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ghuber
Trinity Products is extremely proud to announce that we have secured the exclusive distribution rights for East Power batteries in North America. East Power clearly understands the tremendous benefits of joining forces with the number one battery company in the RC racing world, Trinity Products. For them, the decision for Trinity to manage their North American distribution was an easy one to make

We are confident that East Power will rise to be the next powerhouse in racing and sport batteries, providing maximum performance, price, and above all.....reliability.

East Power batteries will prove to be superior to any other cells on the market today, and we look forward to a long and successful relationship with them.

Whether you’re headed to the race track, or back yard bashing, East Power and Trinity have formed the perfect winning combination. Watch for EP/Trinity batteries at your favorite hobby shop or race track!

Lets see we have a section where companies can support RcTech, I would think this would be a good place for your advertising. What is Team Trinity to cheap to spend a couple bucks?
Old 06-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Interesting, I was unaware that the Orion Lipo was in fact a Lithium Manganese construction. That would explain their claims of lower volatility, as opposed to packs by thunder power, and others on the market.

Does Orion have any plans to market any type of cells that would fit in a 12th scale car, and if so, how can a manufacturer overcome the voltage disparity between 4-cell (4.8v nominal) nimh rules for 12th scale and the available voltage ranges possible with Lipo's?
I've been told that Orion batteries will not flame up, only puff up and pop their casing. I have been looking and not found any reports of flame ups from them. I have looked into this so much because I am running them with 3 of my kids(youngest is 4) and I wanted to be comfortable in their safety.

I wouldn't have posted this here but you guys started it!
Old 06-27-2007, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrBlack
Lithium Mangenese is a LiPo battery.

Infact many people would consider the Orion LiPo battery by definition a Lithium Manganese LiPo battery and as it is the top selling LiPo in our market. I guess your prayers are answered, I am sure your local hobby shop carries them.
it just gets confusing when you see them refered to as LiMn instead of LiPo. the LiMn advertisement/statements i've seen on TowerHobbies and other battery sites touts thems as safer, etc.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:45 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by David Galdo

That's Lipo for ya folks!
No !

Thats a racer sponsored by Trinity trying his best to sell Trinity battery`s that nobody will buy....
Old 06-27-2007, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
No !

Thats a racer sponsored by Trinity trying his best to sell Trinity battery`s that nobody will buy....
Yes, it is truly sad to see company representatives use fear tactics, horror stories, and disinformation to sell outdated technology. However, I do think plenty of people will buy these batteries and I'm sure that will include some of the people on the "Hate Trinity" bandwagon. I've never been a member of that group until I read some posts on this site recently and now I'd rather buy IB4200's from other companies than buy EP4200's and line Trinity's pockets. Hopefully, some motivated entrepreneurs will see the opportunity that a Trinity monopoly of EP cells will produce and come up with a more viable NIMH alternative than the current IB4200's.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
What type of lipo was that? Thats actually the first fire I have heard of at the track other than Cuff's catching on fire in his real car.

EA
That's the one thing that always seems to be missing from the stories and pictures people bring up. It is an important piece of info unless it's just for scare tactics...
Old 06-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leodis
Hopefully, some motivated entrepreneurs will see the opportunity that a Trinity monopoly of EP cells will produce and come up with a more viable NIMH alternative than the current IB4200's.

http://www.speedzoneusa.com/batteries/

Pretty in pink.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
I guess I'll have to spend a little time researching these Grepow cells. My brother hadn't seen an RC battery pack since 1996 until he picked up a pack of my IB4200's last night and he said "Damn this thing is heavy!". I think most of us don't realize just how much heavier these batteries have gotten over the years. It's nice to see there is an alternative to IB and Trinity EP out there that is consistent and lighter.

Could you let me know how much a 6 cell sideXside pack of Grepow 4200's weighs? Thanks again for the link...
Old 06-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

This is a quote from Gavin Creado, acomplished Racer and good friend who owns Speedzoneusa. Only cells I will run......

Speedzone will now carry the Grepow SC4200 NiMH Cell

This cell has shown great promise with runtime and reliability exceeding our expectations. In addition, the Grepow SC4200 cell has proven to be a lighter, more consistent cell, with no drop-off and minimal self-discharge when compared with other cells available in today’s R/C market.

We are excited about this new venture and will continue to supply our customers with quality battery packs at affordable prices. In the coming months, we will work directly with Grepow to improve this already impressive cell and further increase its performance.

Cells are currently available through the Speedzone website. As always, we continue to offer very competitive pricing, often the lowest in the industry, without sacrifice to quality or service!

All Grepow matched Cells will be labeled with our standard matching information, including the cells release date, which was first introduced by us over 2 years ago, in 2005.

Visit the Speedzone website for the latest pricing on the Grepow SC4200s and the Intellect IB4200s.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Interesting, I was unaware that the Orion Lipo was in fact a Lithium Manganese construction. That would explain their claims of lower volatility, as opposed to packs by thunder power, and others on the market.

Does Orion have any plans to market any type of cells that would fit in a 12th scale car, and if so, how can a manufacturer overcome the voltage disparity between 4-cell (4.8v nominal) nimh rules for 12th scale and the available voltage ranges possible with Lipo's?
Right now it would probably be better to adjust the motor as motors tend to be purchased for specific cars and batteries tend to be used in a users entire line of cars.

We have a design in place for a saddle pack LiPo and it is just a matter of when and if we want to pull the trigger. So far demand is just not there to put it ahead of the other forth coming LiPo's on the list. if demand continues to increase at the same pace then these batteries could be out sooner then later.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
No !

Yeah, Cuffs set his car on fire on purpose. Jesus, this is probaly the most blatantly stupid post you've ever dropped on RCTech, and for you that's saying something. But then again, it all reverts back to the Screw Wild Cherry Conspiracy now doesn't it?

You don't think Ernie's working on some LIPO stuff too? I don't know if you noticed, but he doesn't usually miss out on a chance to make money.

Scare Tactics by Trinity drivers, to keep selling batteries? Lipo's ain't legal yet guys, so they'll keep sellin' cells to people who race at major events and club tracks with rules. They don't have to scare anybody.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MrBlack
Right now it would probably be better to adjust the motor as motors tend to be purchased for specific cars and batteries tend to be used in a users entire line of cars.

We have a design in place for a saddle pack LiPo and it is just a matter of when and if we want to pull the trigger. So far demand is just not there to put it ahead of the other forth coming LiPo's on the list. if demand continues to increase at the same pace then these batteries could be out sooner then later.
Thanks MrBlack.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.