R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Trinity goes EP!! Wh00t!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/169890-trinity-goes-ep-wh00t.html)

ghuber 06-26-2007 04:05 PM

Trinity goes EP!! Wh00t!!

Trinity Products is extremely proud to announce that we have secured the exclusive distribution rights for East Power batteries in North America. East Power clearly understands the tremendous benefits of joining forces with the number one battery company in the RC racing world, Trinity Products. For them, the decision for Trinity to manage their North American distribution was an easy one to make

We are confident that East Power will rise to be the next powerhouse in racing and sport batteries, providing maximum performance, price, and above all.....reliability.

East Power batteries will prove to be superior to any other cells on the market today, and we look forward to a long and successful relationship with them.

Whether you’re headed to the race track, or back yard bashing, East Power and Trinity have formed the perfect winning combination. Watch for EP/Trinity batteries at your favorite hobby shop or race track!

fast-ho-cars 06-26-2007 04:28 PM

was this a verbatim press release from Trinity/EPIC? i just couldn't let the following go: the number one battery company in the RC racing world

what cells do they make? :sneaky:

RCRAY 06-26-2007 04:52 PM

Well I guess ProMatch and others just might as well just close their doors!

vtl1180ny 06-26-2007 05:32 PM

Wonderful... Another product for Trinity to completely screw up... I won't buy any product imported by Trinity....

yyhayyim 06-26-2007 05:36 PM

Bad move...you should be working on LIPO cells, cause the old sub-c will be old news in a few years...

DavidAlford 06-26-2007 05:43 PM

A few being like 5....

Don't really like this move. But what can you do, big business always wins in the end.

David Galdo 06-26-2007 06:17 PM

LOL... amusing posts. I am very impressed with the new EP cells. They did not vent on the first charge like my IB's have. The IR is lower, the punch better, and last longer on the track than the IB's.

I do not like how temperamental the IB's are to charging, they seem to vent easily. I feel the EP's will last longer. I have in the past month had IB cells fail. I look forward to more consistent and longer lasting EP battery packs.

...here is another recent report concerning EP cells:: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...postcount=4511

schmelme 06-26-2007 06:25 PM

So all the small battery companys will get EP's through the "exclusive distributor"? looks like expensive batterys this year:eek:

wallstreet 06-26-2007 06:31 PM

Wow Congrats !!!!!!

Team Hurricane , ProMatch, and Kwik all have been offering these cells for 6 months now and there havent been any horror stories like everyone has for the IB cells.

Now maybe people will believe me when i tell you again, like i did 6 or more months ago THESE ARE THE REAL DEAL !!!!!!!!!!!!! :tire:

About 4 months ago there was gonna be a new batch from IB that was gonna be the " Hot Ticket " and not vent and self dishcarge to zero....... New batch released and didnt happen. Now they are saying it again with a new batch soon to be released.... Fool me once same on you, fool me twice shame on me !

And again there is no argument about the performance and victories accomplished by the IB cells...... But more and more mains are being filled up by drivers running EP cells.. The performance of the EP cell is just as good ( or better ) as the IB cells with little to no problems being reports. With trinity sponsoring some of the top level Mod Drivers, we will now see how many wins the EP cells will take away from the IB guys.

I am sure there will be some bashing on me but there will also be alot of people giving EP cells praise

ghuber 06-26-2007 07:16 PM

I personally think it's a smart move since EP is really the only competitor to IB... If Trinity works closely with EP, they might be able to make the cell even better cell than what’s presently available. I think that compounded with the decreasing satisfaction with the IB cell with make the Trinity/EP combination a winner.. :tire:

wallstreet 06-26-2007 07:31 PM

EP became a winner long before trinity came along. When they caught the eyes of Team Hurricane and Pro Match ... These two companies aren't going to risk there reputation for providing great products and the many national championships each year on a product they dont totally 100% believe is great.

Anyone who was run the EP cells will tell you the truth.. They are as good or better than IBs and they can be run many many times in a day and stil be as good or better than the first run. No venting, and no cells DOA.

CarlosG. 06-26-2007 07:41 PM

I guess I will be joining the bandwagon on the EPs since I am not able to get IPs anymore for racing. I just hope their worth the money since IBs to me seems to not hold up to the IPs I have. I will be looking forward to my first purchase of these EPs.

andrewdoherty 06-26-2007 07:43 PM

:o
I think Ernie P. is just egotistical enough to deal with ANY company that has his initials! :lol::lol:

j/k

Jeff Cuffs 06-26-2007 07:50 PM

Ive tested the new EP's from trinity and ive have yet have any fail or vent. Very equal to the IB's performance and more reliable.

Double Quattro 06-26-2007 07:59 PM

Does this mean that Kwik and the other matchers will no longer be selling the East Power packs? I only have one EP4200 pack from Kwik and they are, by far, the best and most stable pack I own! I've been eagerly waiting for these to become available again!