Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Tech Initiate

TeamButter.....my brother from another mother.....pick a window youl eaving...
Old 03-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Orion 4200SHO Great runtime, serious punch, and most importantly no bad cells...
this cell have better punch than intelect batery ?? u guys running this cell with brushles or brush motor ?

thanks
Old 03-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FREDDIE G
TeamButter.....my brother from another mother.....pick a window youl eaving...

What's up my S.A Brutha!!! How have you been? I hear you are back racing..hope to see you soon man....maybe at Arkansas for the nats?

Call me....561-301-1861
Old 03-11-2008, 07:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kschu
this cell have better punch than intelect batery ?? u guys running this cell with brushles or brush motor ?

thanks
I haven't run the IB4600 packs but definately more punch than the IB4200. I have used them with both brushed and brushless down to 3 turns with no problems. Like I said though, the best thing about them is when you get to the track and don't have to worry about having a bad cell.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Aaron,

From talking with Paolo, the things the team drivers have discussed with him are being addressed in Holland. As far as the belts are concerned, this seems to be directly related to the Gear Diffs in high traction situations, turning your brakes down, and running the belt tight helps a bunch (again they are working on a solution for this too).

The car is relatively easy to wrench on, spur gear changes are not the same as the Mi3, but are the same as the current crop of cars that are configured similar. I can say I have run my FDR down to about 4.5, and there was room for more....
Originally Posted by TeamButter
Aaron,

adding to what Tim posted. The issues you have pointed out have been addressed and improvements have been made on both materials and design. The CVD pins is an issue that happens to most cars using that design. A simple solution that I use is to file a flat spot on the pin and be sure to use thread lock. That will solve that problem. As for the belts, a new material has been used for the next batch of belts that seems to greatly help with this issue will be released soon.

It's a work in progress as this is Serpent's first attempt at an electric anything and the factory is really listening to our input so the improvements that have to be made to the car to make it better are already under way.

There should be a few new parts released end of April beginning of May that will be real nice!!

Butter

Thanks guys for your replies.

The car certainly appears to work quite well, my concern was just that it would cost a little more money and time to run this car over another due to the breakages.

It's great that Serpent are listening to their drivers and custmers and fixing the issues.

I guess the only question I would have left is when will these issues be resolved so I could order a kit with the revised parts?

Cheers
Aaron
PS: That is if I decide to go the Serpent way
Old 03-12-2008, 01:42 AM
Tech Elite

thanks randy. this make me feel wan to buy 4200 SHO cell...

wat system r u using for ur brushless ?? LRP sphere ?
Old 03-12-2008, 05:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zacabrandy
Thanks guys for your replies.

The car certainly appears to work quite well, my concern was just that it would cost a little more money and time to run this car over another due to the breakages.

It's great that Serpent are listening to their drivers and custmers and fixing the issues.

I guess the only question I would have left is when will these issues be resolved so I could order a kit with the revised parts?

Cheers
Aaron
PS: That is if I decide to go the Serpent way
Aaron, another great thing about this car is the parts are very inexpensive. Here's a couple of examples. 2 CVDs cost the same, if not less than 1 xray CVD. For the cost of 1 xray wishbone you get two on the s400. With that said, the ONLY thing I have broken is CVDs, and I've hit some stuff pretty hard since I've had the car. My belts are fine so far but I run 13.5 so I'm not sure that makes a difference vs running more powerful motors.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by kschu
thanks randy. this make me feel wan to buy 4200 SHO cell...

wat system r u using for ur brushless ?? LRP sphere ?
The LRP Sphere TC with Orion Vortex motors.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Got my kit today, just taking a break from the build. Gotta say everything looks to be great quality, cant wait to get it all built.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Got my kit today, just taking a break from the build. Gotta say everything looks to be great quality, cant wait to get it all built.
Taking a break? What kind of RC enthusiast are you? LMAO!!!!Non-stop son!!!

Tried a bunch of stuff at the track today with Paolo...some good, some not so good but definitely learned a BUNCH. Gimme a shout when you have a minute.

Butter
Old 03-12-2008, 11:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

It's going together well, the fitment of everything seems great so far.

I don't know if people are worried about the durability of the arms but they seem to me like they will be plenty durable.

Sanding and sealing all the CF takes forever, but I should have the car built in the next day or so..
Old 03-13-2008, 12:00 AM
Tech Elite

It's going together well, the fitment of everything seems great so far.

I don't know if people are worried about the durability of the arms but they seem to me like they will be plenty durable.

Sanding and sealing all the CF takes forever, but I should have the car built in the next day or so..

Breaking arms is a non-issue with the car. I can't think of anyone running the car here that has busted an arm. Make sure to put a drop of threadloc on the servo saver knurled nut on the bottom.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XACDesigns
Aaron, another great thing about this car is the parts are very inexpensive. Here's a couple of examples. 2 CVDs cost the same, if not less than 1 xray CVD. For the cost of 1 xray wishbone you get two on the s400. With that said, the ONLY thing I have broken is CVDs, and I've hit some stuff pretty hard since I've had the car. My belts are fine so far but I run 13.5 so I'm not sure that makes a difference vs running more powerful motors.

Thanks mate.,

I will be running stock as well, at least initially so I should have any dramas with belts, it was just that I had heard reports the car had a few suspect parts, but have since been told they are being addressed.

If you or anyone else on here knows when the kits that will have the revised parts will become available that would be great.

Cheers
Aaron
Old 03-13-2008, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

hi guys, have u guys tried center 1 way running with spool ???can d car still use brake ? wat d advantages of using center 1 way ??

thanks!
Old 03-13-2008, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by zacabrandy
Thanks mate.,

I will be running stock as well, at least initially so I should have any dramas with belts, it was just that I had heard reports the car had a few suspect parts, but have since been told they are being addressed.

If you or anyone else on here knows when the kits that will have the revised parts will become available that would be great.

Cheers
Aaron
Aaron- the revised parts are being tested to ensure they do in fact perform better than the original ones before they are released. More likely than not it will be a running change within the kits. I'll get more info and i'll post it on here as it becomes available.

kschu- Generally we run a spool without the center one-way. The center one way virtually eliminates braking because when you stop the motor both the front and rear tires free spin. I have not tried the set-up you mentioned so I can't give you too much info on it. Maybe Randy has tried it before and can shed some light. Better yet, why don't you try it and post your results on here so other Serpent owners can read as well!!

Good luck!!!!!

Butter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.