Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Tech Regular

Hi guys,

can anyone tell me which bearing sizes are used in the kit? I ordered a ceramic bearing set (not serpent) and the shipment was all wrong! only 6 of the 18 bearing had the right size.

I found these sizes:

outer diameter / inner diameter / width

10x5x3 [8x] front and rear hubs (4+4)
15x10x4 [4x] diffbearings mounted in bulkheads
8x5x2.5 [2x] diffbearings inside diff
8x4x3 [2x] centerpulley
7x4x2.5 [2x] servo saver

Can onyone confirm these sizes, because the bearing manufacturer isn't really helpfull and they say they checked the manual. but the shipment isn't good at all.

thanks in advance!
Old 10-25-2007, 02:05 PM
Tech Adept

http://www.serpent.com/product/401124/
and these ones for the belt-tensioner.

Can I ask who is the manufacturer?
Old 10-25-2007, 02:39 PM
Tech Regular

yes gergely, I forgot those!

of course you may know which manufacturer, but I'm not posting this to flame them. It's acer racing. I think they have a faulty manual or maybe the prototypes manual. I'm not sure, but my shipment was really bad. I already emailed serpent, but they aren't responding to my emails.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

but still, does anyone know if these sizes are right? I measured them, but a second (third, fourth,...) opinion is always better...
Old 10-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gergely
Take it easy... Didn't you think the reason they haven't yet published one is that they are still testing several things, did you? As we can read somewhere in this forum already they are coming out with a foam version soon so you will have the basic foam setup in the same time. Until that we can practice (and let Jeff to work on the S400 )
Take it easy?? Funny coming from someone that only has 10 posts under his belt.

I just wish that Serpent would either publish setup sheets either like AE, Losi, Tamiya, X-Ray.. whatever.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

http://www.serpent.com/product/400001/setups/

There is a setup sheet, fill it out.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TimPotter
http://www.serpent.com/product/400001/setups/

There is a setup sheet, fill it out.
Thanks, printed a few of those out already..

How about yours? Is it posted on Serpents site? Anyone elses?
Old 10-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StadiumChris
Thanks, printed a few of those out already..

How about yours? Is it posted on Serpents site? Anyone elses?
What about yours? Read the set up book in your kit and try to get a good carpet set up yourself...its no fun to just copy someone's set up...take your car to the track and work on it. If its carpet....run the tires most good drivers run, and try the oil their using, as well as springs, and take it from there...other people's set up should be a reference point for you...most of the time, each driver likes his car to handle different than the other drivers...so copying others set up might not work! You need to set up your car and like how it works for your own liking-- J. Cuff's set up will work for J. Cuffs...but Billy Easton might have different settings on his car to reflect his driving style and approac/strategy- which might not be what J. Cuffs is running on his car, yet J. Cuffs car is working very well for his driving style and technique...Its all relative...Team drivers set ups are very good good starting points which we have to first test and see if they work work each of us...you get the drift- set up will be up in no time...in the mean time...test and work on your car and have fun
Old 10-26-2007, 03:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
What about yours? Read the set up book in your kit and try to get a good carpet set up yourself...its no fun to just copy someone's set up...take your car to the track and work on it. If its carpet....run the tires most good drivers run, and try the oil their using, as well as springs, and take it from there...other people's set up should be a reference point for you...most of the time, each driver likes his car to handle different than the other drivers...so copying others set up might not work! You need to set up your car and like how it works for your own liking-- J. Cuff's set up will work for J. Cuffs...but Billy Easton might have different settings on his car to reflect his driving style and approac/strategy- which might not be what J. Cuffs is running on his car, yet J. Cuffs car is working very well for his driving style and technique...Its all relative...Team drivers set ups are very good good starting points which we have to first test and see if they work work each of us...you get the drift- set up will be up in no time...in the mean time...test and work on your car and have fun

Ok, let me explain myself again... I already have something setup for Foam, i am looking for other "reference" points to see if something totally different will drive any better for me. I have no idea why the hell people are ripping on me for asking Serpent to post some setup sheets on their website. As company owners, it would be in their best interest.

AND NO, THIS IS NOTHING AGAINST JEFF CUFFS LIKE SOME OF YOU ARE TURNING THIS INTO. HE IS A BUSY MAN.. AND GUESS WHAT, SO AM I. THIS IS SIMPLY A SIMPLE REQUEST FOR THE COMPANY SERPENT-USA TO PUT IN AN EFFORT TO START POSTING MORE INFO ON THE S400.

Thank you!
Old 10-26-2007, 05:17 AM
Tech Adept

Give them some time. Though info is being fed back it needs to be examined prior to just chucking on a website. The car is still quite new and im sure before this year is out alot more info will be available, not only in the US but UK and Europe as well.

For all those that want the editable S400 Team setup sheet please find a copy posted here in this website

http://www.rcracechat.com/vb/showthread.php?t=36312

there is also some good UK based threads in there from the SerpentUK team drivers. I hope this info helps.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Chris,

I agree with you. I thik one of the reasons companies like Xray are so successful is exactly wha you are requesting.

Originally Posted by StadiumChris
Ok, let me explain myself again... I already have something setup for Foam, i am looking for other "reference" points to see if something totally different will drive any better for me. I have no idea why the hell people are ripping on me for asking Serpent to post some setup sheets on their website. As company owners, it would be in their best interest.

AND NO, THIS IS NOTHING AGAINST JEFF CUFFS LIKE SOME OF YOU ARE TURNING THIS INTO. HE IS A BUSY MAN.. AND GUESS WHAT, SO AM I. THIS IS SIMPLY A SIMPLE REQUEST FOR THE COMPANY SERPENT-USA TO PUT IN AN EFFORT TO START POSTING MORE INFO ON THE S400.

Thank you!
Old 10-26-2007, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Chris,

I agree with you. I thik one of the reasons companies like Xray are so successful is exactly wha you are requesting.
Ding Ding Ding... Give this man the prize.

This is exactly the reason other companies are so successful. One of the first things I do before buying a product is read-up on the forums. This tells you a lot about what people think of company and the products. Look up support info for the company. Are manuals easily downloaded for past and present models, or just current models only. For TC's, are setup sheets available and current for the car when it was produced. Are parts available, and how easily are parts attained. All this will tell you how happy or unhappy you will be with your purchase. I know most people look at $$$ only, but while Serpent may be a good company, they just don't have the presence or support that others do.

It takes time for companies to build a relationship and reputation with customers to become successful. If more and more people tell others they are happy with the product and the support, more people will buy the product, period. XRay is example of this.

Another example is Novak. I my eyes, Novak is failly successful company. Support stays in the USA, and warranty support is good. Most people I talk to have used or currently use Novak, and have been relatively happy during process. Novak would be nowhere near as successful today if thier support, product, and warranty sucked.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

For those planning on running carpet, check this out: http://www.redrc.net/2007/10/serpent...set/#more-6242

Maybe the front diff is next...........
Old 10-26-2007, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey guys i have the setup done on the editable pdf. What's the easiest way to save it
Old 10-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
hey guys i have the setup done on the editable pdf. What's the easiest way to save it
Only way I have found Jeff is to take a snap shot with the camera it saves to clipboard and then paste it in Paint.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.