Wiki Posts
Search

CLEVELAND U.S. INDOOR CHAMPS 2007

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by b-man777
hey all:If cuffs wasn't running his serpent then why and what did he use for touring car?Also which rc america/x-ray factory guys now use trinity?Thanks
Cuffs ran a PHI for R&D.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chubbspeterson
nice....very constructive..and as well Mr. Rc500, how did you like the event gentlmen....?

or were your 2 cents spent.....

Idiots....
It's all good Mike I know where your coming from that's what counts
Old 11-26-2007, 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks Bill, sure I came out quite mad, but it has become incresingly frustrating to spend money and be dissapointed. I also now I can come accross as bashing, but the end result is I am still on the thread not just droping in an "Everything sucks" post and dissapearing, I know the work that goes into the event but unless things change, expect less next year. That I am sure of out of the 100 people who say they wont come back I know 90 percent will, but every year attendance drops, more and more people get upset with how things are. I know everyone tries hard but in the end when people wake up on monday and reflect on past events thats when the real issues are brought up.....perhaps someone peed in my Lucky Charms........

So contune the desicussion I like that it has evolved, and everyone can contune to call me an a$$

It's cute......

another racer once said....."when I come I come hard"

well I just came hard all over this thread.......
Old 11-26-2007, 11:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Want to give shout out to Cuffs thank's for the help this weekend you da man, shout out to Larry for the hookup thanks dude, shout out to Tag for the HP, hope to see you guys soon.

Elijah/TW
Old 11-26-2007, 12:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RC500
wow this guys takes the cake for the biggest a$$ hole of the bunch, more guys like that and nitro will get even bigger thanks dumba$$

wow of the bunch...thanks, I work hard for that....

Nitro will get bigger with out my help sir, it's cheaper, the events are more impressive, payouts for winners, bigger race prizes, more appealing to outside sponsors....need I go on,

as for dumba$$ I believe that is spelled with 2 s, and and if implies "smart like donkey" than thanks!

as far as some one posting there frustrations at a big race is onething, but name calling sir is just childish.....cute but a bit weak in my book....perhaps your time could be spent else where on the site....
Old 11-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Tech Regular

Chubbs.. Did you not take your nap today? You made your point.. Enough already
Old 11-26-2007, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

1. U promised a smooth floor. Once again that didnt happen. Did u guys screw the plywood down to the strips of wood under neath. Easy to do buy some screws. After snowbirds did this problem was solved. We were promised.

2. What was tech thinking when the guy was banging my car on the tech table to get the washer out of the can. And also using pliers on my end bell to get it off. The reason for the end bell was because it was too hot. Give me a break. Wait till it cools. And use your finger to get the washer out. Spent many hours to get the car perfect to have some dood that has no idea what hes doing go ahead and grab my car and bang it on the table. I couldnt beleive what i was seeing.

3. You guys are loosing peoples interest in coming to this race. Changes need to be made.

4. NO practice time for the first day

5. No tech tools for the first day.

6. We got out way to late.

7. NEW WOOD needs to be bought.

8. The only thing thats saves this race for me is the layouts. Ive enjoyed the last 4 layouts. The one before that was kinda weird with the kink going onto the straight. LoL Track guys awesome job. Maybe next year no rumbles strips. Ill cut you guys vinyl dots to use as ice.

9. The atmosphere felt like a big club race.

Awesome job on the winners. Smyka way to hold the tight lines in 12th scale. Couldnt find any room. Brad johnson great sportsman ship. What you did im not sure if anyone else would have done. Awesome running all weekend. Eli what can i say you are a machine. lol Burch your car was silly fast in the main. 008 looked great all weekend. Blackstocks car looked great in 19t and mod all weekend Congrats. Toso 12th looked great in the main. Not too bad for a car that had 7 batts thru it. Chicky congrats on the win in 19t, car handled extremely well. 3 guys from Horsham in the 19t main. That says alot Great racing screff and fairtrace.

I want to thank all my sponsors that help me get were i am and the support that they gave me this weekend. Trinity for the batteries and the brushes that had great rip all weekend. Tekin for the speedos that worked flawless all weekend. Jaco for the tires that supplied the consistent traction. CRC for the amazing 12th scale that performed amazing. Futaba for the controller and servos. Parma for getting me the bodies in time. Competition electronics for the great chargers.

Thank u guys

Last edited by Jeff Cuffs; 11-26-2007 at 12:52 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Well said Cuffs, good job this weekend...
Old 11-26-2007, 12:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
1. U promised a smooth floor. Once again that didnt happen. Did u guys screw the plywood down to the strips of wood under neath. Easy to do buy some screws. After snowbirds did this problem was solved. We were promised.

2. What was tech thinking when the guy was banging my car on the tech table to get the washer out of the can. And also using pliers on my end bell to get it off. The reason for the end bell was because it was too hot. Give me a break. Wait till it cools. And use your finger to get the washer out. Spent many hours to get the car perfect to have some dood that has no idea what hes doing go ahead and grab my car and bang it on the table. I couldnt beleive what i was seeing.

3. You guys are loosing peoples interest in coming to this race. Changes need to be made.

4. NO practice time for the first day

5. No tech tools for the first day.

6. We got out way to late.

7. NEW WOOD needs to be bought.

8. The only thing thats saves this race for me is the layouts. Ive enjoyed the last 4 layouts. The one before that was kinda weird with the kink going onto the straight. LoL Track guys awesome job. Maybe next year no rumbles strips. Ill cut you guys vinyl dots to use as ice.

9. The atmosphere felt like a big club race.
1. yes the boards were screwed down the wood under the boards then checked with a level.But as I said I own my mistakes that falls on me.At the end of the race weekend I went to mr.bill with some suggestions as far as what to do.He likes what I have to say about it.

2.I know like I said to mike it was a mistake on our part and again from me to you I am sorry that happened.

3.agreed

4.As mike as said I guess they started and stoped but yes I agree already talk to mr.bill about that.

5.Yeah not sure what was up with that I know we always do a tech run through on thursday but it should have been there for you guys.And I will add one to this we need new ride hieght gauges.I am going to have a friend of mine machine us some square stock for this.

6.amen again not doing that again the format will be like I said the a mains will no longer be ran together at the end but ran just like the quals from this point forward.

7.yes I want 2x4's under the top wood every 12 inches with tongue and groove boards on top my thoughts on this have been talk over with mr.bill

8.Yeah layouts are always good for the most part sometimes we put in one a little wierd for a change.

9.fair enough.

p.s. I don't think I have seen any vinyl dots sounds good to me as I don't know what the design will be next year if you don't mind I will contact you next year when we have a design and I know what we would need.

Last edited by bill941; 11-26-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:11 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by bill941
1. yes the boards were screwed down the wood under the boards then checked with a level.

7.yes I want 2x4's under the top wood every 12 inches with tongue and groove boards on top my thoughts on this have been talk over with mr.bill
Bill -

I wouldn't just rely on using 2x4s and calling it a day. You have to actually build a structure, or they will warp just as bad as the furring strips. Go to the local Home Depot and see what percentage of 2x4s are straight. Do a Google search for "Torsion Box Construction". It is basically an interlocking grid with a plywood skin top and bottom. You could probably get away with using the existing OSB for the bottom skin, but get T&G for the top layer plywood. It is a lightweight way to build something incredibly strong.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Bill -

I wouldn't just rely on using 2x4s and calling it a day. You have to actually build a structure, or they will warp just as bad as the furring strips. Go to the local Home Depot and see what percentage of 2x4s are straight. Do a Google search for "Torsion Box Construction". It is basically an interlocking grid with a plywood skin top and bottom. You could probably get away with using the existing OSB for the bottom skin, but get T&G for the top layer plywood. It is a lightweight way to build something incredibly strong.
yeah I was thinking about that also but I just got a pm from someone that is a master carpenter about the subfloor so we will talk to him and see what's up
Old 11-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oh yeah almost forgot, watching 12th scale cars wheeling off the line in the main was awesome. Never seen that before.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:38 PM
Tech Initiate

OK, people, this champs wasn't perfect, but does ANYONE have ANYTHING positive to say about the 2007 Indoor Champs?
Old 11-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Champs Guy
OK, people, this champs wasn't perfect, but does ANYONE have ANYTHING positive to say about the 2007 Indoor Champs?
The Cougar hunting was on point as usual.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
Oh yeah almost forgot, watching 12th scale cars wheeling off the line in the main was awesome. Never seen that before.
Yeah that was great!!!Someone not sure who it was as I don't know all of you guys stayed after the races and was able to do it over and over again it was awesome! Just goes to show how much more power we put down now days.Or maybe I have seen one too many races lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.