Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CLEVELAND U.S. INDOOR CHAMPS 2007

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 08:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Traceyf
chubbspeterson; I am glad you are not the voice of everyone, now you should remember that yourself. go back to where you came from, when you get there tell Peter Pan, Captain Hook and all the lost boys that you had missed them and the whole never-neverland family.

Mr. Bill and Crew nice work I have noticed changes and although not everything went smooth. I know this is a huge undertaking.. may I just say THANKS FOR A GREAT RACE.....

see ya next year

-Tracey
almost as cute as you avatar, I am not the voice of everyone, and for keyboard courage everyone Knows who I am, and I did tell Mr. BIll this is the worst race ever, Listen great the race was sweet, everyting they said all year came true, I must have spent to much time in the 65 and older bar at the hotel, but I didn't I particpated in the race, I watched as people who offered there help take blame for things only HE could fix, and it is not there fault. The issues I have are spoken as my own, but again I am not the only one, I seem to be the only one who wants the issues addressed, not to say, hey things happen....

as for 1fastdude, you are the man, always will be, and a class act in this sport, and his times in masters are good enough to go top 10 in stock every year! It's not sandbagging just because he wins, He works hard and competes evey time he puts the car down, isn't this why we race? If your affraid of losing this is not the sport for you, go play teeball...In neverland...
Old 11-26-2007, 08:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mtbboy
OOOOhhh.
Chubby chub chubs.
Not so smart. You should probably hope that no one knows who you are beacause if you think sending in comments like that on a public forum before you change your diapers is a good idea well..... Say hello to Happy Gilmore for me would ya.

Keyboard courage just bit your right hand clean off.

Dufas.

Dufas....Diapers....what? Public forums are OPEN for comments right, voice opinions and questions, make statements.... You are entitled as well as I....

Happy Say's Hi,
Old 11-26-2007, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

How about some of the things that were better this year.

1) The carpet was laid perfectly this year without a single wrinkle that I saw.

2) Parma gave out a ton of bodies with the entries and they were actually bodies that you can use. Having a choice between sedan and 12th was great.

3) The new practice format was great. Those of us who had late races were able to get done at a reasonable time and get some sleep for once. This was the single biggest improvement for me.

4) The door prizes were great for the first year.

So, yes some things still need to be improved but it's not worth bashing the guys organizing the event on the net. I actually voiced my concerns and suggested some things in person at the race. It's super easy to go off on here but it has a lot more impact in person. Plus you get a more constructive response.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

It was my first and probably last year at this race. I had a great time but after going to Boylan's and Scotty's races this one was not up to the same standard. Tech equiptment showing up the last round of practice was crazy, I didnt know if my car was too wide till it was already too late to change it. Laying plywood on the top of the carpet in the ballroom is probably worse than just laying the carpet on top of the carpet. Taping the seams obviously doesn't work. The track layout was easy on cars and was kinda fun, but not when my 12th scale dropping 2 inches 3 feet before a turn. There was not a place to pass anywhere on the track. You couldnt even try to squeeze inside on somone casue you would hit the "speedbumps" and possibly roll your car and ruin the other guys run also. I'm not necessarly bashing anyone or this race in particular, I just see what kind of prep and work is put into Scotty and Mike's races and appreciate it more and will spend my money and time preparing for those races in the future.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

thanks to the WHOLE INDOOR CHAMPS ATENDING family all 500 of you
even are 1 angry red headed step son!!!!!!!
also thanks to PARMA/CHICKY for the help

Mike at the SPEKTRUM booth your awesome!!!!!!
HEFTY CELLS / COREY HEFT KILLER NUFF SAID

I wont even comment on the CHUBBS THING
But its not like its the first time we seen him mad
cheer up little trooper
Old 11-26-2007, 08:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

the Subfloor was replaced atleast top half that we run on but we did use some of the older boards around the edges.The one thing I didn't like was the boards under the top boards and I have already discussed this with mr.bill for next year.Mr.bill will generally follow what I have say about the floor.But in the end I still want it better then it was but it was better then it has been for awhile.I own my own mistakes but when I finished and the carpet guys started it was fine and it was fine when we started that was my job and mine alone.as it was my first year doing the floor I thought I did good job with it.

and no the heat issue shouldn't have done anything but it did.So again it was fine when we started things happened that didn't make any sense at all and the carpet couldn't move and that was the goal which I think we passed with flying colors on that part.it was pulled so tight no matter what it wasn't going anywhere.

As far as running during the alarm I don't think mr.bill wanted that to happen but he was dealing with the fire marshal at the time which was a problem to say the least.But yes I agree that racing should have stopped at that time.

Yes the 19 turns were not marked as it's easy to see new drill marks in those arms but I will mark them next year if that's what needs to be done.as I did mark the stocks.

I think tech did a good job with tearing people down 294 motors were tore down just in the first round alone.Can't really ask for much more. And as far as orion Joe pillars was our goto guy if we had any problems with the motors or questions and he did a great job.The tech guy was our crew and he made mistake with right idea in mind.But he is a good guy but everyone makes mistakes but all in all did was good I know I got tore down twice.

So again things were better then they have been...Could they be better yes I won't lie in the least I am a no bs type of guy. Didn't agree with everthing that went and no everything was perfect.But I do know for a fact that mr.bill busts his butt for you guys every year and so do I.We know everyone isn't happy which most likely will never happen period.But if you don't know me I am a no bs kind of guy.I will own up to what's wrong but to say it wasn't way better that's just nutz.

As far as practice times as far as I know they were printed if they stopped I know the reason wasn't because it's cheaper or it's less paper mr.bill could care less about that but if they weren't being printed at sometime there was most likely a problem with scoring software I know the update we got messed up a few things and thanks to brandon for liverc.com for lending a hand with it.

And yes boys and girls he can say what he wants it is after all a public forum and I for one have no problem with it good or bad . I have never tried to shut anyone up because simply put it helps me sort out the good from the bad ...without hearing what's wrong not much can be done to fix it
Old 11-26-2007, 08:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Unregistered
How about some of the things that were better this year.

1) The carpet was laid perfectly this year without a single wrinkle that I saw.

2) Parma gave out a ton of bodies with the entries and they were actually bodies that you can use. Having a choice between sedan and 12th was great.

3) The new practice format was great. Those of us who had late races were able to get done at a reasonable time and get some sleep for once. This was the single biggest improvement for me.

4) The door prizes were great for the first year.

So, yes some things still need to be improved but it's not worth bashing the guys organizing the event on the net. I actually voiced my concerns and suggested some things in person at the race. It's super easy to go off on here but it has a lot more impact in person. Plus you get a more constructive response.

1. yes it was laid nicely...but the carpet is not the problem...
2.Yes, thanks to PARMA for those Bodies as race hand outs and sponsoring the race
3.Yes the format was good, done early....but due to less entries? 3 heats in Mod sedan, 6 heats of stock sedan.... we should have been done early anyway
4. yes, door prizes were nice...except for people who did not have tickets...

Is it Bashing? were these issues not brought up at the event? Huh, I beg to differ..
Old 11-26-2007, 08:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
It was my first and probably last year at this race. I had a great time but after going to Boylan's and Scotty's races this one was not up to the same standard. Tech equiptment showing up the last round of practice was crazy, I didnt know if my car was too wide till it was already too late to change it. Laying plywood on the top of the carpet in the ballroom is probably worse than just laying the carpet on top of the carpet. Taping the seams obviously doesn't work. The track layout was easy on cars and was kinda fun, but not when my 12th scale dropping 2 inches 3 feet before a turn. There was not a place to pass anywhere on the track. You couldnt even try to squeeze inside on somone casue you would hit the "speedbumps" and possibly roll your car and ruin the other guys run also. I'm not necessarly bashing anyone or this race in particular, I just see what kind of prep and work is put into Scotty and Mike's races and appreciate it more and will spend my money and time preparing for those races in the future.
Terry did a great job with the layout we wanted a non-car breaker he got us that for sure...the speed bumps did make it a little hard to pass for sure.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:10 AM
Tech Addict

And yes boys and girls he can say what he wants it is after all a public forum and I for one have no problem with it good or bad . I have never tried to shut anyone up because simply put it helps me sort out the good from the bad ...without hearing what's wrong not much can be done to fix it

perrrrrfect... this is listening, yes I might be mad, and yes this is not the first time, but without people flaming up on the thred issuses never get resloved, but with people just saying it sucked under there breath at the race, and how they will not come back...this race will die, there is a drop off in this hobby allready, but by putting on quality events will help to draw back people. Making it worth there money is #1. Other races have that goal, and it shows. I now it is hard to run big events, I have helped to run events, and the goal has always been quality, the track was excuted in that way, but the one biggest issue was over looked, yes the carpet was laid perfect, and the board system was perfect, but......

The But's always arise, and for two years it has been this race.... Take what I say however but people who understand why I am mad get it. It is not about bashing, its about addressing, and listening, I have been to this race 5 times...and everytime it got worse, personal performance aside, after going to other races and seeing a more profesional manner, and more invested into the race people began to wake up..... why do you think Vegas fills up so fast, or the birds, they both cost money to travel to? It's not just people losing intrest in the hobby, it's also what people are willing to pay for. If people are attracted to a race because of what is around the are when they are there, well nothing can be done for that. But if you put on the best "show", people will come wherever it is.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeah...and we ain't gonna fall for the banana in the tail pipe...
Old 11-26-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by chubbspeterson

perrrrrfect... this is listening, yes I might be mad, and yes this is not the first time, but without people flaming up on the thred issuses never get resloved, but with people just saying it sucked under there breath at the race, and how they will not come back...this race will die, there is a drop off in this hobby allready, but by putting on quality events will help to draw back people. Making it worth there money is #1. Other races have that goal, and it shows. I now it is hard to run big events, I have helped to run events, and the goal has always been quality, the track was excuted in that way, but the one biggest issue was over looked, yes the carpet was laid perfect, and the board system was perfect, but......

The But's always arise, and for two years it has been this race.... Take what I say however but people who understand why I am mad get it. It is not about bashing, its about addressing, and listening, I have been to this race 5 times...and everytime it got worse, personal performance aside, after going to other races and seeing a more profesional manner, and more invested into the race people began to wake up..... why do you think Vegas fills up so fast, or the birds, they both cost money to travel to? It's not just people losing intrest in the hobby, it's also what people are willing to pay for. If people are attracted to a race because of what is around the are when they are there, well nothing can be done for that. But if you put on the best "show", people will come wherever it is.
I take what everyone has to say in account always have always will.I always present what I feel as being the correct way to go to mr.bill we usually agree on most things.the Subfloor was an issue I did the best I could after the problems came up.I have some new things for next year and will be looking forward to see what you guys all think but I think we took some steps in the right direction I plan on taking more so does mr.bill.

I work hard for this race every year I hope it shows.I am Sad to hear some did not enjoy it and I will work on it again next year thanks to all to have said what they do like and what they don't.

In the end it's all helpfull
Old 11-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Tech Addict

great, then we will see next year......
Old 11-26-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

we will see u next year i hope for gods sake they dont see you next year you winny little __ __ __ __ !
Old 11-26-2007, 10:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Default wow

wow this guys takes the cake for the biggest a$$ hole of the bunch, more guys like that and nitro will get even bigger thanks dumba$$
Old 11-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Having been to about 20 of these Cleveland Indoor Champs races, I'd like to comment that on balance I found this one to be among the best. The extra practice was much appreciated and especially since it's organized practice that's run by heats. The layout was real nice - thanks Terry and crew. The carpet was wrinkle free. And about the bumps in the subfloor.....well those were unfortunate but as usual the organizers did a pretty good job of overcomming whatever challenges pop up during the event. The bumps that couldn't be corrected, well everybody had to deal with those equally and some did a better job of setting up their cars to cope with them, while others didn't. As would be expected, the best cars and best drivers didn't seem bothered all that much and the cream rose to the top as it always does. Having Orion motors was a nice change of pace and they gave everybody some new challenges to figure out.

Two suggestions for improvement that I'd like to make.....

1) it would sure be nice to have the Fastcats' timekeeping kiosk available (like they had at the Gate's Halloween race) so that racers could scan their barcode anytime and get a little printout of their various runs. That system is so handy and also very helpful for car and motor tuning.

2) I do think that the 15 minute break between A mains was a bad idea. I was in one of the A's and I do understand that sometimes it's hard to be ready for each of my mains since they are often run fairly close together and towards the end of the day. But that's exactly why I bring a car for each class I enter.....so that each one can be prepped and ready to go when it comes time for it's main. If a self sponsored guy such as myself can handle this and can be ready for his mains no matter how close together they are.........then I see no reason why the fully sponsored guys who fill most of the A mains can't do the same. Just look at Josh......he was at the Orion table on Sunday and he had a separate car prepped and ready to go for each of his mains. This is how it should be done. If racers are going to sign up for multiple classes, then it should be up to them to be equipped and ready to run when it's time without expecting everybody else to wait on them. This is only fair to the other racers. Also the extended delays between mains puts undue stress on the hotel since so many participants can't clear out of their rooms until very late in the day. This is not being respectuful to our gratious hosts. And did anybody notice how few spectators were left in the ballroom by the time the later A mains rolled around? People (including me) need to get on with their travel arrangements at the end of a long but enjoyable weekend. For three days the event was run efficiently and like clockwork. Let's not mess that up on the 4th day by making too much accomodation for too few folks at the expense of the majority.

Still, on balance, I think the '07 Champs was a great time as usual and I'm already looking forward to next year. Thanks to Mr. Bill and the whole crew who work so hard to make this event possible year after year. I'll be back as long as the Indoor Champs continues with it's grand tradition, or until I can find a way to catch Eli, whichever comes first.

warmest regards, and happy holidays
Perry Caswell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.