Like Tree1Likes

Tamiya TA05MS

Old 08-12-2007, 11:38 AM
  #361  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by redbones View Post
Found this on KOPropo's website...

http://www.kopropo.co.jp/pdf/VFS-1C2forTA05MS.pdf
I don't get what they are trying to show in the pictures... Can't read Jap words/letters...
Xanavi_R34 is offline  
Old 08-12-2007, 01:06 PM
  #362  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,870
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I think they are trying to show the best routing for the servo wire...
DA_cookie_monst is offline  
Old 08-12-2007, 01:31 PM
  #363  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst View Post
I think they are trying to show the best routing for the servo wire...
oh okay... but for me, it is not the best route for the servo wire...
Xanavi_R34 is offline  
Old 08-13-2007, 05:04 AM
  #364  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,676
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

building process last saturday. will follow the whole kit next time.
nikkiesteban is offline  
Old 08-13-2007, 08:27 AM
  #365  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Wow, you used your Platitos for your parts bag... Hahaha... Nice one bro... Never did think of that... Hehehe...

Ei, just tried my kit, and good thing I didn't encounter any problems with any thing with/in the kit... I don't hear any quack or anything similar to it... Btw bro, can I just ask, if you say 2 secs delay of slip in the ball diff, do you mean it literally 2 secs??? Just want to know...
Xanavi_R34 is offline  
Old 08-13-2007, 08:54 AM
  #366  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

a baking pan for cupcakes also works well for separating out parts during the build process.
Hebiki is offline  
Old 08-13-2007, 09:36 PM
  #367  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,676
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34 View Post
Wow, you used your Platitos for your parts bag... Hahaha... Nice one bro... Never did think of that... Hehehe...

Ei, just tried my kit, and good thing I didn't encounter any problems with any thing with/in the kit... I don't hear any quack or anything similar to it... Btw bro, can I just ask, if you say 2 secs delay of slip in the ball diff, do you mean it literally 2 secs??? Just want to know...
yah platitossssss.. my mom is looking for our platitos.
not literally 2secs.. it's just that when if i pull the trigger to full it's has some slip, but now its gone. if you're not satisfied with you balldiff change your grease like to reduce slip but with freeness.
nikkiesteban is offline  
Old 08-13-2007, 10:03 PM
  #368  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nikkiesteban View Post
yah platitossssss.. my mom is looking for our platitos.
not literally 2secs.. it's just that when if i pull the trigger to full it's has some slip, but now its gone. if you're not satisfied with you balldiff change your grease like to reduce slip but with freeness.
Hahaha... Now you're dead with your mom...

How will I know if my ball diff has any slip??? Mine stops when I push on the breaks (after pushing the trigger to full throttle while kit is on the air) at below .5 milliseconds... Is this okay??? But not seconds though...
Xanavi_R34 is offline  
Old 08-14-2007, 12:02 AM
  #369  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,676
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34 View Post
Hahaha... Now you're dead with your mom...

How will I know if my ball diff has any slip??? Mine stops when I push on the breaks (after pushing the trigger to full throttle while kit is on the air) at below .5 milliseconds... Is this okay??? But not seconds though...
its good if its not slipping.. try to rotate the one rear wheel and feel if its hard or free to rotate.. mine is very free. the freeness is like a gear diff feel if you will rotate the wheel and has no slip,.. if it feels hard/tight to rotate then you might tightened it too much. the car will like understeer maybe.. so try to manage the freeness without slip (or minimal slip).
nikkiesteban is offline  
Old 08-14-2007, 12:34 AM
  #370  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nikkiesteban View Post
its good if its not slipping.. try to rotate the one rear wheel and feel if its hard or free to rotate.. mine is very free. the freeness is like a gear diff feel if you will rotate the wheel and has no slip,.. if it feels hard/tight to rotate then you might tightened it too much. the car will like understeer maybe.. so try to manage the freeness without slip (or minimal slip).
when you say slip, what do you really mean by this??? I don't get it... Hehehe... Noob questions...

But I can turn it with just about maybe less than 20% - 15% of my strength... Will this do???
Xanavi_R34 is offline  
Old 08-14-2007, 01:47 AM
  #371  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Hey, just re-assembled by diffs at the rear and I tightened the diffs just as far as where I could go with the turn... And now it is smoother than before... Hope I get this time it right...
Xanavi_R34 is offline  
Old 08-14-2007, 01:49 AM
  #372  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 243
Default

I always use that tool when i rebuilt my diff. It`s very handy.

http://www.racingfactory.fi/shop2/ca...2_0608_1f7.jpg
Cruisaaja is offline  
Old 08-14-2007, 02:07 AM
  #373  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cruisaaja View Post
I always use that tool when i rebuilt my diff. It`s very handy.

http://www.racingfactory.fi/shop2/ca...2_0608_1f7.jpg
What kind of tool is that sir and what does it do??? What I mean is how do you use it???
Xanavi_R34 is offline  
Old 08-14-2007, 02:08 AM
  #374  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,676
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

i saw this on the 415 thread. i will try this one....
http://racingfactory.wordpress.com/
nikkiesteban is offline  
Old 08-14-2007, 03:20 AM
  #375  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 243
Default

Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34 View Post
What kind of tool is that sir and what does it do??? What I mean is how do you use it???
That tool is your help to make diff properly... is it slip or not. You just lay down your diff (both outdrives) to that and then check it.. wright

Made by Muchmore racing
Cruisaaja is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.