Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI Micro RS4

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2002, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

big block woohoo!!! i just installed a 300 and this is one insane motor ! i am using the 9T pinion because it just ate up the 11T. i had to modify the motor mount and it just barely fit, almost no clearance on all sides. i tried it on the street and it looks to be faster than my 1/10 stock sedan or maybe its just the illusion because its much smaller anyway, ill try this tomorrow when i hit the tracks, something to do in-between charging my packs for 1/10. if it destroys the plastic pinion, ill get the steel ones.

what size pinion are you using on 300's? also, is there a stronger spur gear? metal or delrin, maybe? if yes, which company makes it? thanks for any info
Old 11-01-2002, 09:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i have a steel pinion, but it doesnt fit the big block cuz of the splines on the shaft.
Old 11-02-2002, 04:03 AM
Tech Master

It doesn't fit!
I've never heard of that problem. And neither have I heard of a problem with the big-block not fitting on the hop-up motor mounts
You really need steel pinion gears for any motor you put in the micro, even the stock one. The plastic pinion just suck because they lose their profile real fast. i personally use the steel HPI pinions, they work well enough for me, but companies like integy offers nice sets of 3 or 4 pinions.
Old 11-08-2002, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

The shaft on the big block is larger then the stock or normal mod motors. You can shave the shaft down or bore out the pinion.
Old 11-08-2002, 09:20 PM
Tech Addict

Default I got a...

Losi thrust bearing to use in my Micro should I use the two washers? Also what is the best servo I can use?
Old 11-09-2002, 12:29 AM
Tech Master

i own a Hitec HS81 mg. It has worked well for me for over a hundred hours at least. Only problem with it was I first got the plastic gear version... ... but some people don't even like the MG version I can't dream of what might have happened to some of their cars...
if you subscribe to that thread of knowledge, then you may want a KO 9?? (something like 947). It is however like 80 to 110 dinero.

Also, I wonder if I could stick in an Associated thrust bearing b/c they must have a similar unit installed on their offroad vehicles. The reason I ask is that we have no losi stuff except for a couple sets of tires and inserts and throttle return springs at my LHS.
Old 11-10-2002, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default question

hello, m new to MicroRS4

will my extra Novak Explorer 2 work on a microRS4??

I know its big, but want to try it our first b4 i really get into it and buy a tiny esc.

Thanks

Lem
Old 11-10-2002, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Sure, it'll work, but the placement may be tricky and you'll need a couple zip ties cause there is going to be ton's of wire all over the place.
Old 11-10-2002, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Default thanks!!!!

yep actualy m loking at it its huge!!!!

anyways, willtryit out first!!!!!!

how about servos?? just standard servos will work right??
Old 11-10-2002, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

stardard servos work well, but you will need to remove on of the mounting ears...the side nearest the output arm. You'll never worry about stripping servo gears with a standard servo.
Old 11-12-2002, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Default ESC Question?

I got y micro the other day, I have driven many of them before all with ifferent upgrades and options. I liked it best with the Mod Motor, Steel Universals, front one-way, rear Ball diff and slots in the standard chassis. So I have the same set up. My question is I got a Novak Atom that I installed and have yet to run it. All the cars I have driven all have ESC's with Reverse. I'm thinking I will miss that feature. So I was wondering if I will see a performance difference if I get the Novak Spy and use that instead of the Atom. I know the Atom a huge on-resitance difference but, not sure if it will make much of a difference with these small motors.

What do you guys think. Oh, and I hate the LRP Quantum ESC's plus, way over priced. And the Orion ESC makes me crazy with that seriously load and annoying humming!
Old 11-13-2002, 01:35 AM
Tech Master

I agree about the Team Orion esc... too bad I have so many other things to spend my money on . I heard from reviews and othere people that while the ads say reverse has Novak's smart braking (engaging reverse only after the car has fully stopped), but in reality that the esc is like having no brakes... Very bad for my setup; 2wd. I am going to go with an LRP when I can. But it will cost many pretty pennies. Oh well, I think it be worth it...hopefully.
Old 11-13-2002, 05:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

why dont you just get an ESC-20 from IPD racing?

cost like 40 bucks and is super small....plus i hear its pretty good.
Old 11-13-2002, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Default question again

hello, one of the micro forums said that the

NOVAK explorer II

is not compatible with the microRS4?

is it just becaus of the size? or it will not work?

help? (so i really have to buy a new esc?)

and has anybody used the Ti Antenna by HPI?
any feedback??

Thanks
Old 11-13-2002, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

Any ESC will work as long as you can get it to fit. JUst a matter of how critical you are when it comes to your setups.

As far as the Ti Antenna I never heard of it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.